What is Time Splitters FP like?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

johncane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 johncane
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts
I was thinking of getting Time Splitters FP, but I don't know if it is for me. My favorite game is 007 Night Fire. I love playing with my brother in split screen mode with bots. Can I do that with Time Splitters FP? How is Time Splitters FP like 007? I hate how in Time Splitters it seemed like you were running at warp speed, is FP any better? Also, how many bots can you have? And, are there any large levels like Sky Line in 007? Sorry for being so technical, but it is so hard to find a good split screen shooter with bots. O ya, one last thing, I hate the cartooneyness of Time Splitters which one is the moat realistic? Any help would be great! Thanks so much!
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Timesplitters Future Perfect is probably my favourite multiplayer game simply because of how much fun you have in splitscreen with friends.

I think it's 14 bots from memory (if there's 2 players), there are huge levels like SkyLine... Siberia is absolutely massive and perfect for splitscreen mayhem, imo. Timesplitters FP got rid of the cartoon style that was seen in TS1 and TS2, meaning FP is the most realistic.

Hope that helped. I'd really recommend it, it's an awesome game.

zellwood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 zellwood69
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
i would love to own either of the time spliters games again i think you should get them.
johncane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johncane
Cool thank! I think I will get it. I can't wait!
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I can't really answer your questions, but it is a great game, with a ton of unlockable characters. The developers had a lot of time on their hands. :P
lazyhoboguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 lazyhoboguy
Member since 2007 • 1692 Posts
a few guys that made 007 goldeneye work on timesplitters, its y the multiplayer is so great, definitely try it out, and yes there are bots, and this is still a little cartoony but there is blood in this one at least
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#7 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts
TimeSplitters 2 was my favourite, Future Perfect was enjoyable too, but the first one wasn't good.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

TimeSplitters FP was made by many of the people who made GoldenEye, so it resembles the GoldenEye game a bit. I liked TimeSplitters: FP a lot, and it is a great party game and has tons of unlockables. But dont expect it to be like Halo or anything.

patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
i liked time splitters 2 a lot better
johncane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 johncane

I am trying to find the one that is the least cartooney. I rember buying one of them and it sucked. I think it was the second one. I want the game as real a possible.

EDIT: O ya and I have how in TS2 it felt like you were slide steping the whole level at warp speed.

allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
Number 2 punted Future Perfect in the face.
gorillazilla28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 gorillazilla28
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts
You should get FP. It is one of my favorite shooters. Its lots of fun.
theragu40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 theragu40
Member since 2005 • 3332 Posts
I guess I see what you mean in that the games aren't gritty in their realism, but I don't know if I would go so far as to call them "cartoony". It's not like they're cel-shaded or something. I don't know. I really loved both TS2 and Future Perfect, but my opinion is that if you didn't like 2, you're going to hate FP just as much. They're similar games.
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

I got this game yesterday, and it is MY FAVORITE FPS GAME EVAARRRRRR!!!

But seriously, this game is one of the best FPS games with bots out there. You can still play splitscreen with bots, you can have up to 10 bots I think? And there are some pretty big levels...

Oh and now that there's actually blood, it makes the game more realistic, and more fun to shoot at people :D Plus the guns are all awesome.

johncane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 johncane
I bought it yesterday, and finished it yesterday with my brother. It is a lot of fun. Is there any way to make the zombies walk slow in arcade made (bots)?
-JRL-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -JRL-
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
I still play Future Perfect a lot today. I wouldnt say you run very fast, there is a power-up that makes you speed up but that can always be turned off. And I'm fairly sure you can adjust the gameplay speed. I'm sure you'll like this game.
johncane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johncane
Is there any way to make the zombie bots act like the zombies in the game? You know, limp, maon, and shuch.
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

Is there any way to make the zombie bots act like the zombies in the game? You know, limp, maon, and shuch.johncane

I don't think there is any way to do that...