What is the longest credits you've ever seen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xXCombatWombat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 xXCombatWombat
Member since 2009 • 1529 Posts

I just finished Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and man those were some long credits, longer than any game in recent memory. What is the longest credits you guys have ever seen?

1zenron1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 1zenron1
Member since 2010 • 672 Posts
Dragon Age: Origins for me. I got bored and cooked some food, came back and it was still playing. At least it had good music on in the background though...
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Either of the Assassin Creeds, haven't finished Brotherhood yet, so... yeah. Wind Waker is also pretty high on the list. I wish they had some scene playing in the background like in OoT, MM and TP. Those made it go by much quicker.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#4 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I don't usually sit through them. Just switch inputs for several minutes till they are done.

The last one I did sit through was MGS 2.

Wow.

alanthreonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 alanthreonus
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

The credits GTA IV must've been at least 20 minutes long.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. I don't think there is any game that is longer. I think I timed it back at over 15 minutes back in the day. I remember I did speed runs of the game and went to do something else while I waited for the UNSKIPPABLE CREDITS to finish to get my rating.

Unskippable credits are possibly the stupidest thing ever. I don't care who all worked on the game. If I did, I'd click on the "credits" button in the options menu. What I love is games that let you keep playing during the credits (Devil May Cry 3).

kravitzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 kravitzzz
Member since 2010 • 158 Posts

What I love is games that let you keep playing during the credits (Devil May Cry 3).foxhound_fox

Borderlands Zombie DLC comes to mind, when, after 30 seconds of credits, whoop-dee-frickin-doo the game's not even over, and at least 20 minutes more of gameplay is at hand. Then the real credits comes along, or so you'd think. Another 30 seconds passes by, and whoop-da-fecken-loo the game's not over.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

What I love is games that let you keep playing during the credits (Devil May Cry 3).

foxhound_fox
Great idea.
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

What I love is games that let you keep playing during the credits (Devil May Cry 3).

BranKetra

Great idea.

flower and vanquish do that too...in fact, flower even has a trophy available during credit.

and yeah ACB's credit is long...

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
GTA IV's credits were huge.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#11 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

The credits for the old Splinter Cell games were always quite extensive, as I recall. It always felt like they would never end, because each time it seemed it was about to another long list of names surfaced, which was only worsened by the fact that they were unskippable. I didn't mind it my first time through, but since I had a habit of replaying games a lot back then, having to sit through them again and again and again really started to grate on me.

Unskippable credits are possibly the stupidest thing ever. I don't care who all worked on the game. If I did, I'd click on the "credits" button in the options menu.foxhound_fox

I agree that skippable credits (and cut scenes, for that matter) should be included by default, but I can't say I blame them for not being so either. They worked hard to produce the game, after all. The least they deserve is some sort of recognition for their work.

What I love is games that let you keep playing during the credits (Devil May Cry 3).foxhound_fox

You know, I'm surprised that that hasn't taken off at all. You'd think that an interactive medium such as this would jump at the chance of keeping the players engaged until the very end rather than make them sit through a static list of names for good number of minutes. Flower and flOw worked in the credits in some cool ways, but I haven't heard any any other such examples in modern games.

allthatdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 allthatdown
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts

The longest credits for me were Fallout 3, I swear I left the room for 20 mins and came back only to have them still running.

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game felt like the longest credits, but that could be due to them playing every time you beat the game with each of the six characters. And you can't skip them. But yes, Brotherhood did have long credits, so that would be my vote for longest credits in recent memory.
RickyRevolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 RickyRevolver
Member since 2010 • 1086 Posts

MGS4

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#15 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Unskippable credits are possibly the stupidest thing ever. I don't care who all worked on the game. If I did, I'd click on the "credits" button in the options menu.c_rake

I agree that skippable credits (and cut scenes, for that matter) should be included by default, but I can't say I blame them for not being so either. They worked hard to produce the game, after all. The least they deserve is some sort of recognition for their work.

You know, I'm surprised that that hasn't taken off at all. You'd think that an interactive medium such as this would jump at the chance of keeping the players engaged until the very end rather than make them sit through a static list of names for good number of minutes. Flower and flOw worked in the credits in some cool ways, but I haven't heard any any other such examples in modern games.

DMC4.
Srbanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Srbanator
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
Fable 1. I swear they were at least a half hour long. You could skip them, but if you did you wouldn't be able to continue playing your character.
blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts
Heavy Rain's credits were long, unskippable and showed spoilers if you chose a different path and were also annoying if you wanted to do the multiply ending trophy and had to wait for the credits to finish every time.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#18 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
Dragon Age: Origins for me. I got bored and cooked some food, came back and it was still playing. At least it had good music on in the background though...1zenron1
exactly, and then I realized that they just keep playing over and over so I pressed start lol
iAtrocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 iAtrocious
Member since 2010 • 1567 Posts

AC: Brotherhood.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#20 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Not sure, but Fallout 3's credits seemed to go on for eternity due to the repetative music..

There's nothing worse than sitting through endless credits only to find there's no 'teaser' !

ModeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ModeDude
Member since 2009 • 1135 Posts
Sonic Colours had quite a long credits sequence, well it felt that way. You could play about as Sonic, but it just felt considerably longer than any of the levels in the game.