What game am I thinking about?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

warath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 warath
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I had the demo to this RPG about 4+ years ago, the graphics were decently done. All I remember from the demo was starting in some crypt as a bulky fighter, sword and shield and dispatching some skeletons right away. Fighting through these crypts, spiders and skeletons were attacking in each room, until I came to some caverns. I remember meandering through the cave still fighting skeletons, but eventually coming across some ice golems and such.

I know its all really vague, but hopefully someone else had the same experience and remembers the game. I do remembering having to actually block with your shield when you needed to, which added that extra fear to the game. If you didnt block, you were hammered on.

I hope someone can remember what it was.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
Was it a FPS RPG? What was the interface like? The manual block system sounds similar to Oblivion, but that is a recent game. Are you sure it was 4 years ago? You may need to be more specific.
warath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 warath

It was not a FPS RPG. It was more medieval, sword and board type. There were health pots you could use, in fact you had to to stay alive.

Im pretty sure it was within the past 5 years, no sooner than 3 though. Somewhere in that range. Its hard to say because I never played the full version, I just remember the demo

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GSU28

Well yes, Oblivion is in a sense medieval. Perhaps it was Morrowind, but I do not remember if that had active blocking. You have the option of an FPS or TPS view in Elder Scrolls games.

Kniterait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Kniterait
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic ?
warath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 warath

Well thanks for the attempt. I know it wasnt Oblivion, and I know im not being much help here.

The graphics of oblivion were much more advanced than this game, even though this one still looked nice if I remember correctly.

warath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 warath
Nah, couldnt have been DMofM&M. You could play in 1st person or 3rd person views, and I dont think you could choose a class. I think the fighter that you started with had the ability to cast spells too, just dont remember its been so long.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
I was about to say BG Dark Alliance, but that was strictly third person. It could have been Arx Fatalis or Gothic, though.
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GSU28
Hmmm, was it Enclave? That was an old Xbox game but I don't think it had active blocking. I remember it being a good ol' fun game, nothing too special though.
warath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 warath
It wasnt gothic, but Arx's graphics look very similar to the games If i remember correctly. The only difference was that in Arx you cant go in 3rd person view.
warath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 warath
I actually played Enclave on the xbox, its quite fun and very hard.
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GSU28

I actually played Enclave on the xbox, its quite fun and very hard.warath

Yeah, I was pretty young when I played it and sucked at games; so I had to use cheats. :(