What Do You Think Rockstar Should Work On Next?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

*WARNING: Reeeeeeeaaaaaalllllly long post here. Skip to the bottom if you wish to read a faster version of this post*

We've all heard tell that Rockstar is taking up several mantles in the gaming biz. Their planning out a new Grand Theft Auto with GTA V, their taking on the task of making Max Payne 3, and now their making L.A Noire: The Complete Edition for PC. Yet...is this what we gamers really think they should be working on? Are these the games that we gamers think they should be devoting their time to or is their any other game in their arsenal that deserves their attention more than the current games in the making? :o

In my opinion, I think they should get to work on Bully 2. Bully is IMO an underrated classic. The unique and fresh action adventure setting with its interesting gameplay mechanics make it stand head and toe against the rest of the action adventure genre that they themselves have built around. Seriously, the story in Bully was great with some of the best writing I've ever heard in any game and the setting was just ripe for gaming. Yet the probelm I found was that there really wasn't much to do in the game. People say GTA IV was boring should look at this game, while great it lacked much content. Sure, you could go to classes but after only five classes you didn't have to go back and their wasn't much insentive to go to classes in the begginning. Some of them had some insentive uch as Art which somehow made making out with girls not only easier but give you a health bonus and Chemistry allowed you to make more creations with your chemistry set but others like Music, Math, or even Geography really gave no incentive except for just some clothes for Jimmy to wear. :?

The outside world also suffered a lack of content as well, at first it seems like a giant world to play in and to an extent it is but then you realize there really isn't much to do (which I guess is the case for many R* games). You could go to the amusment park and earn prizes but it would just dumbdown into repetion and you don't want to do that. You could do races but for me, racing was extrememly boring. You could do sidequests but even those were soon dumbed down into a bore snore because they kept on reusing the same quest, like finding someone's dog for instance. Still the game is a wonderful expierence and while it had its issues I still think R* should definitely take on the mantle of making a sequel to such a game. So what about you? :)

((For TL;DR people all I'm saying is Bully was a great game and I think Bully 2 deserves to be made a lot more than GTA V or Max Payne 3. So how about you?))

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
I would love a next-gen Smuggler's Run game.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

I'm looking forward to Max Payne 3, personally I want a Manhunt 3 that game is so tense unlike any other. Rockstar should save GTA V for next gen consoles given the performance on GTA IV and the scope a game of this caliber.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

A sequel to "Red Dead Redemption" is at the top of my list.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I want them to make something. I wouldn't mind seeing a GTA V, but another new IP is what I'd really like to see.

Avatar image for CarefulSheKills
CarefulSheKills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CarefulSheKills
Member since 2010 • 147 Posts

Anything honestly, all of their series are pretty great. Max Payne, GTA, Manhunt, even Midnight Club Racing..

I am looking forward to Max Payne 3 as it seems long overdue..after that maybe another IP or GTA V.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Well I understand why they focus on those tasks at the moment, but A GTA 5 would be nice. I oddly enough never get tired of them. And it would be neat if they gave you a Manhunt 3 game although that would have media go haywire.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

GTA V

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9 s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

They need to finish Max Payne 3, and then they should focus their talents on a proper sandbox game with a plethora of activities, amusements and side-quests alongside a strong main narrative (à la Yakuza 4, for example) and not just something that looks pretty but is actually just a shallow container for the main story (I'm looking at you L. A. Noire). They almost got it right with Red Dead Redemption, but I think they need to apply the same structure to a more densely-populated urban environment.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Considering I havn't liked any of their stuff this gen I'd like to see something brand new. I'm thinking an open world Pirate game would be rather awesome. I'm thinking with the success of games like RDR and AC series being popular games set in the past a pirate game isn't out of the question (especially since pirates of the caribbean 4 brought that series back so pirates are still relevant).

WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#11 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

I wasn't a fan of Bully. I'd love to see another Noire game, Agent, or Grand Theft Auto V.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

I would love a next-gen Smuggler's Run game.ExoticAnimal

I would pay good money for another Smuggler's Run. One of the few games I actually miss from last generation. It would benefit greatly from the increased power of the current generation of systems.

Mawy_Golomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mawy_Golomb
Member since 2008 • 1047 Posts
Maybe an open world game set in the future, or better yet, on a fictional planet? Who needs everything to be too down-to-Earth or too modern anyways, when we have had it so many times already? I can't really think of any games that were sci-fi with really open-ended gameplay, except for those Wing Commander games or the Elite franchise, but those games were mainly space flight simulators, not action-adventure titles like GTA, Red Dead Redemption, or Assassin's Creed.
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I'm quite surprised how short lived the GTA IV series was, it only had 2 'episodes'.

The III series however got Vice City/Stories, Liberty City Stories, San Andreas.

I want San Andreas 2 or Red Dead 3, also I'm curious about Agent (if that's what it's still called)

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#15 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

A medevil free roam game. I would like a cross bewtween Zelda and Dragon Age type of game.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
a new ip would be nice for sure.
evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 evil_angel74
Member since 2007 • 988 Posts
Well assuming they are working on GTA V at the moment, I would like an open world pirate game. R* would rock the socks off a pirate theme.
true_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 true_gamer007
Member since 2011 • 433 Posts

RD Redemption for PC

GTA V

Come on Rockstar, do that.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#19 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'd like to see a new Red Dead or LA Noire game.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Street Cleaning Simulator 2.0

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Street Cleaning Simulator 2.0CUDGEdave
Eh, they would just ruin it.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#22 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
with their talent at creating open maps and interesting characters, they could pretty much do any kind of sandbox game in any perios of time, althhough something medieval or in the pirate era would be nice and new to the genre
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

Manhunt 3

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

GTA SAN ANDREAS 2 IS THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

GTA SAN ANDREAS 2 IS THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER

brucecambell

^ Agree or at least an HD remake of the original... best and only good GTA out there...... EVER!!!

Reed_Bowie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Reed_Bowie
Member since 2011 • 506 Posts
Possibly a Gta V- set in either a. A Blade Runner type city, in the future b. A foreign city (possibly Rio De Janero or Possibly any underdeveloped S. American, E. European City, or Mid Eastern City) OR Possibly another Red Dead Redemption game set in possibly a different era.
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts
I'm intrested to see what GTA 5 brings. Hopefully, it will have San Andreas gameplay combined with GTA 4 graphics. Other than that, I'd like to see them do a pre-historic type RDR game, maybe a massive, sandbox Flinestone type world where you can walk around, ride, fly, control and battle dinosaurs, walk around having total freedom to do whatever you want, create weapons with rocks and fire, invent prehistoric cars made of dinosaur bones, rob houses, etc. Of course it would have a deep, intricate story filled with good, evil, and everything in between. I know that's a long shot, but I think Rockstar could pull it off. Lol...we'd never look at the Flinestones in the same light again!
Mawy_Golomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mawy_Golomb
Member since 2008 • 1047 Posts
More polished San Andreas-like gameplay? Yes, please.
AvengedSixfold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AvengedSixfold
Member since 2011 • 80 Posts

Bully was good but it's about a kid so it can't have all the sex, drugs, and rock n roll that I love about the GTA series so I think they should continue work on GTA V.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22407 Posts

Koi-Neon-X
Yeah that would be awesome, but only if it came out on PC.
true_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 true_gamer007
Member since 2011 • 433 Posts

[QUOTE="Koi-Neon-X"]

hrt_rulz01

Yeah that would be awesome, but only if it came out on PC.

That's what i'm talking about, a PC version.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I want to know where the heck this "Agent" game that they teased at E3 2009 as a PS3 exclusive is. I remember back in June at a shareholder's meeting they said the game was still in development... no one really knows much about the title, except it's supposed to be some sort of action/espionage game set in the 1970s during the Cold War. Sounds interesting to me.

Of course, after GTAV, what I'm REALLY hoping for is another Red Dead game. But Rockstar can take all the time they want on that if it means getting another amazing game like Red Dead Redemption.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#33 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Anything that they are passionate about. I have enjoyed their games thus far.

Secretly, I am hoping they may try their hand at a Star Wars title. Pick an Era, see where it ends up.

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
Well assuming they are working on GTA V at the moment, I would like an open world pirate game. R* would rock the socks off a pirate theme. evil_angel74
Hmm, I actually really like that idea.
screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts
A medieval open world game for me
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#36 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

I really hope they work on a sequel to RDR next. That game was epic!

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

Coffee-mugs! I love those!

esteban_cdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 esteban_cdo
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
space battle game ! obviously !
ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

Considering I havn't liked any of their stuff this gen I'd like to see something brand new. I'm thinking an open world Pirate game would be rather awesome. I'm thinking with the success of games like RDR and AC series being popular games set in the past a pirate game isn't out of the question (especially since pirates of the caribbean 4 brought that series back so pirates are still relevant).

blueboxdoctor
I strongly agree. I do like games on pirates. With many types of ships & weapons, dresscodes, troops type to equip. With a sad ending or love story!
awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
Red Dead Sequel, or a Pirate game similar to Red Dead.