What do you think of the new slim psp??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AnalogOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 0

#1 AnalogOdyssey
Member since 2007 • 746 Posts
Worth a buy or not???
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I'm going to trade my old one in and get one.  Being able to hook it up to a tv is too cool to pass up... especially when FF:Tactics, Castlevania, and God of War are coming.
Avatar image for 203762174820177760555343052357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 203762174820177760555343052357
Member since 2005 • 7599 Posts
I like that the buttons stick out further, but the analog nub is still in the wrong place and there is only one of them. I'll stick with my fatboy psp.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I like that the buttons stick out further, but the analog nub is still in the wrong place and there is only one of them. I'll stick with my fatboy psp.aspro73
Yeah, it would have been nice if they had done more with it, but I understand why they couldn't add the second nub, and alienate all the old PSP userbase... 
CodeMunki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CodeMunki
Member since 2002 • 2740 Posts
It's barely an incremental update to the old PSP. Sony needed to so something special to energize the PSP userbase and they have failed. At this point, I may be trading my PSP and games in for GameStop store credit to help subsidize the glut of Wii, PC, 360, and DS games coming out this winter. Meanwhile, there hasn't been a PSP game released in the past year that I'm interested in.
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts
I'm going to stick with the one I have (phat and white), it's only a few months old and has got very little use anyway.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I was going to pick one up (NOT by trading in my old one but just buying it straight up), but after reading Gamespot's article on the PSP Slim, I'm having second thoughts because the back portion where you put the UMDs have a looser casing and isn't sturdy. When you open it up, it looks like the UMDs flop which could lead to scratches and other headaches. The old PSP has a firmly backing for the UMD where it's comfortable and easy to put in and take out with no floppage.

This can change my mind in getting a PSP Slim. I guess I'll stick to my old one, which is still darn sexy and great, so why trade in for a new model? ;)

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Wont make me buy a PSP.
SaintRasmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SaintRasmus
Member since 2007 • 1479 Posts
No !! there is nothing really great about the new one , maybe Video-Out put
CodeMunki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CodeMunki
Member since 2002 • 2740 Posts
The PSP really didn't need a hardware refresh. What it needs are some common sense software features: - A way to get movies onto the PSP (not UMD) that doesn't require US users to commit a felony. - PS1 game downloads via PC. Do they really expect folks to buy a $500 PS3 so they can play Ridge Racer on their PSP? - Some truly compelling game content. Sony used to have the best game library of all the systems. Now they are at the bottom of the list. - A freely available set of developer tools for homebrew. The folks want this. Why fight it? Instead, they ship hardware that is barely an update to the old model...which would be fine if the above issues were resolved.
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts
I'll be getting one. Im going for the Daxter bundle that comes with Daxter, a Family Guy UMD, and a 1 gb memory stick. I have to admit that they look pretty slick
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

I'll be getting one. Im going for the Daxter bundle that comes with Daxter, a Family Guy UMD, and a 1 gb memory stick. I have to admit that they look pretty slickprincesszelda
Im thinking of going that route also.

I never bought a PSP. Kinda glad I waited.

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
its an alright improvement. but its done nothing to increase my want for a psp.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="princesszelda"]I'll be getting one. Im going for the Daxter bundle that comes with Daxter, a Family Guy UMD, and a 1 gb memory stick. I have to admit that they look pretty slickKage1

Same, im thinking im picking one up tommorow actually. I want a few games like Jeanne D Arc, D&D Tactics, Valkyrie Profile and um... well that all I can think of right now, but thats good enough for me.
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Since I just got my PSP last June, I'll just have to wait for another price drop of it
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts

well if you allready have one then at the current price no theres no reason to buy the *cough* "slim" one, but if you dont have one yet and been wantin one now is as good as time as ever to get it

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
I don't have the original (fat?) psp so I'm getting the slim one. Hooking it to a tv is something I couldn't even dream about:D
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts
[QUOTE="Kage1"]

[QUOTE="princesszelda"]I'll be getting one. Im going for the Daxter bundle that comes with Daxter, a Family Guy UMD, and a 1 gb memory stick. I have to admit that they look pretty slickGodModeEnabled

Same, im thinking im picking one up tommorow actually. I want a few games like Jeanne D Arc, D&D Tactics, Valkyrie Profile and um... well that all I can think of right now, but thats good enough for me.

So the slim PSP's are already available?

Sr_Mateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sr_Mateus
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
I always wait 3 years before buying a system. Price drops, larger game libraries, improved(?) hardware, that's just some of the reasons. O, and to make sure the system is not gonna be a "new Dreamcast". I liked the new PSP a lot more. It could be better but It's a nice redesign for those who still haven't bought the old one.
More responsive controls, faster loading times, lighter, slimmer, the tv connection things should make recording footage a lot nicer. I'm getting one next year's Q1.
TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TGM_basic
Member since 2003 • 6299 Posts
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="Kage1"]

[QUOTE="princesszelda"]I'll be getting one. Im going for the Daxter bundle that comes with Daxter, a Family Guy UMD, and a 1 gb memory stick. I have to admit that they look pretty slickprincesszelda

So the slim PSP's are already available?

No, not until September 10th.