What did you like/dislike about guitar hero 3 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts

I dislike the fact that you can't unlock all the songs by yourself. Because I don't have a friend that comes over to play the co-op career mode. So I don't get to play the Red Hot Chili Peppers song or Beastie Boys, and that is just plain crap. Also, the last set of songs at the end could have been way better. I noticed that Rock Band and GH have alot of the same songs on both of their game set lists. Coincidence?

What is your compliment or complaint

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
The horrible singing on some tracks, as well as rather bad choices for a few tunes, lack of online play for the PS2 and the rather crummy design of the Kramer guitar bug me, otherwise it was great.
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

I disliked the fact that there is a guitar with a couple buttons :P

The song list could have been better. Afterall this is the 3rd installment of the game. You'd think they would have gotten better music by now. I mean the music in the first one was just truly classic, and it seems with time they have strayed away from that.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts

I don't see myself ever getting rid of the PS2 and my GH 1, 2, and 80's games. Those were a big reason why I bought another PS2 (my first died after 3 years). THe songs were great, and it I will always see Guitar Hero 1 as the best of the bunch. I do enjoy playing 3 though, but they kind of screwed us on a couple things. The hype that surrounded this game, it made people think this game was going to be a 10/10, but it fell short and is more in the 7-9 range depending on how much you like the song lists.

People think I am crazy for not pre-ordering Rock Band ($180) for November. I am thinking that if Rock Band doesn't live up to the hype as well, that was at least 3 more Xbox 360 games I could have gotten, instead of having another version of Guitar Hero that might just be an above average game.

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

I don't see myself ever getting rid of the PS2 and my GH 1, 2, and 80's games. Those were a big reason why I bought another PS2 (my first died after 3 years). THe songs were great, and it I will always see Guitar Hero 1 as the best of the bunch. I do enjoy playing 3 though, but they kind of screwed us on a couple things. The hype that surrounded this game, it made people think this game was going to be a 10/10, but it fell short and is more in the 7-9 range depending on how much you like the song lists.

People think I am crazy for not pre-ordering Rock Band ($180) for November. I am thinking that if Rock Band doesn't live up to the hype as well, that was at least 3 more Xbox 360 games I could have gotten, instead of having another version of Guitar Hero that might just be an above average game.

Lostboy1224

Apparently Rock Band is compatible with Guitar Hero controllers, so I will probably give it a whirl if it comes out on the PS2 with content for downloading, because otherwise I am not going to get screwed over on that. I doubt it will be coming to the PS2 though and I am probably going to trade in my 2 Guitar Hero controllers plus GH3 when I get a PS3 and just buy controllers for that console and rebuy GH3 because I want the download content and online play. Hopefully that happens early next year. Rock Band will have loads of great tunes but the default setlist is not that great to be honest.