Was Pokemon sword/shield too easy in your opinion?

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Was Pokemon sword/shield too easy in your opinion? (6 votes)

Yes 67%
No 33%

I feel this game harkens at the old school but, it doesn't have the same challenges as the old school. Yeah, there are some cool dynamax Pokemon, nice graphics, and great sound. But, as a whole challenge the game is easier than Pokemon yellow on the GBC in my opinion. What do you guys think? Did you agree with me or not? Post your thoughts and vote.

• 
RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11677 Posts

The game makes it very difficult to be wiped. Giving an overabundance of advantages to the player. Heck, your rivals heal your party and offer to auto-travel you towards your next destination. Removing all sense of exploration (not that S/S really offer any)

They also just have an insulting lack of content. .

I got into the series with X/Y due to the dynamic Megas brought. Competitive Pokémon is a real delight of complex tactics and strategies, the series would do well to adapt this into the single player experience.

Instead of insisting people who play single player campaigns are morons who don't even have the most basic of navigation skills.

Sun/Moon had those Champion Trainers and a pretty good Battle Tower. Always appreciate A.I. putting up a punch and being tactical. It's rewarding. S/S are downgrades for sure.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I was very close to picking up a copy of the game today. But, I opted out thinking about what you've stated previously. So, I picked up a copy of Chrono Trigger on the DS instead. Never played it, but heard it's great. :)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RSM-HQ

@speeny: Wouldn't mind reading your impressions after you've played some Chrono Trigger ツ

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Pokémon games have always been piss easy, they’ve just had some broken mechanics in the past that made them frustrating sometimes.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Game was streamlined, hence the user and site reviews. Guess it was made with pokemon GO players in mind.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

Pokémon games have always been piss easy they’ve just had some broken mechanics in the past that made them frustrating sometimes.

While true, in the older games nothing is stopping the player from over-levelling in the tall grass or using type advantages. Not to mention most trainers just use two monsters, and not the players chunky party of six.

Now imagine when not even those two factors are needed. That's how easy the latest instalment is. Your rival picks the starting monster weak against yours, in every major battle someone appears and heals your squad after. making potions pretty pointless. And everything gives EXP, you can camp and your party levels-up, catching levels up your six as well. . . The game also has a tendency to throw rare candies like they're as common as a poké ball. I had over thirty when I stopped playing and forced myself not to use them.

No one will argue that the older games are still fairly easy. Even the really old ones probably only needed some minor tweaks to beat a hurdle. The issue is the new one has no hurdles what-so-ever, everything is spoon-fed in a very insulting and condescending manner.