Virgin media blocking online gaming???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MC_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MC_Raptor
Member since 2005 • 180 Posts
Virgin media??? more like VIRGIN TERROR!!!
Recently discovered that the reason i cannot access online gaming all the time is that virgin media restricts it during the day!!!and stops access through certain sites... surely an restriction of information and web access a breach of their terms and conditions!!!i cant talk to people on ichat also!!!
anybody else experience these problems??i'm seriously considering moving to be unlimited!!!please help?!! Monsta
ShattyFattmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ShattyFattmas
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts
err, maybe its parental blocks or something? idk
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
What? I have been with virgin for at least 3 years now and I play a fair few games online (my wife plays MMOs during the day). I also have no problems getting on xbox live and nobody in my home has reported having a problem at any time of day. May I enquire which package you are on? this may have something to do with it.
MC_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MC_Raptor
Member since 2005 • 180 Posts

XL package,

and i just tested ita ping of 180ms! a couple of weeks ago it was really really good, low ping about 31ms but now its gone rubbish, apparently theres been a lot of issues! from different people!

virgin realises there is a problem apparently but i'm not convinced... apparently will b sorted by the end of the monthanybody had any problems?
kiidou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kiidou
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I have noticed the same. I play cod waw a lot and noticed 2 Fridays ago in the evening i was getting bad lag to the point the game was unplayable. Always in red/ yellow bars spiking up and down. Every evening it has been like this. Yet this morning I thought I would try it and low and behold its perfect. Virgin are defiantly up to something. I have rung their help center twice and they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. I was kept on hold for 20mins. I have decided to up grade to their 50meg line with no caps to see if their is a difference. I'm on 20meg at the moment. Absolute joke.