VIDEO GAME VIOLENCE: Do You Want More?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Space_Cowboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Space_Cowboy7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

Mostly in FPS. Are you happy with the reality of the shooting? Ie if someone gets shot in the head they just die no holes or anything.

Or, would you like to see shooting someone be more realistic? Ie shooting someone in the head with a shotgun, should take it

completely off, or throwing a grenade at someone, blowing limbs completely off? I was playing RFOM and i was thinking about it,

wouldnt it be cool for body parts to fly off or is it too much? what do you all think? Do you want that kind of realism in games?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
The least the better in my opinion. If you want, check this thread out, we widely discussed something very similar.
jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 jks22112
Member since 2005 • 2395 Posts
I remember a game, Cold winter? I think. If you through a grenade, the person got dismantled. It was kinda cool, I guess.
Wetall_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wetall_basic
Member since 2003 • 4086 Posts
I wouldn't say I want more,but I do want games to be able to express themselve in anyway they choose. When it comes down to it,there should be no reason a game thats trying to be realistic should have to limit itself.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8225b86ff49
deactivated-5c8225b86ff49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5c8225b86ff49
Member since 2005 • 605 Posts
I don't care about the violence, as long as the game is good.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I do want more. In my FPS I want to shoot someone in the head and see the realistic passing of the bullet, flying bits of skull fragments and brain matter and realistic splatter and blood. I want to shoot someone in the kneecap, watch the bone splinter and shatter and have the enemy fall to the floor clutching their leg. etc etc etc. Someday.
the_mad_madman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_mad_madman
Member since 2004 • 316 Posts

No, I want less violence. Any game that needs to use tons of blood and gore as a feature is doomed as far as I'm concerned, and yet developers just keep doing this thanks to the tens of thousands of pubescent angry nerds obsessed with violence. It's.... disturbing.

Oh sure, violence has its place is games no doubt. But there's just soo many game nowadays who's main feature seems to be gore and violence while genuinly intelligent and clever games are forgotten and overlooked.

Space_Cowboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Space_Cowboy7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

The least the better in my opinion. If you want, check this thread out, we widely discussed something very similar.Black_Knight_00

Yeah i heard about that game, never played it though, heard it was real graphic..

Macolele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Macolele
Member since 2006 • 534 Posts

wouldnt it be cool for body parts to fly off or is it too much? what do you all think? Do you want that kind of realism in games?

Space_Cowboy7

I can't wait ha ha.

The future hardware bring realism we imagine to game. I hate people ban a game because it's too violent.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Black_Knight_00

Yeah i heard about that game, never played it though, heard it was real graphic..

Space_Cowboy7

It was. Too much for my personal taste anyway.

jesse1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jesse1314
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think that SOME games should be more realistic, like some o fthe GTA games, and more or less the games that are based on shooting, kinda like the hitman series (I know that there are SOME bullet holes for the one on x-box 360) but on GTA 3 there was cheats where you could lob a 'nade and blow off limbs, but for some reason it got taken out of the other ones, but anyways yes I think that there should be a little more realism in them (GTA breaking into houses)
DarkSidexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DarkSidexxx
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts

YES!!!!!MORE!!!!!!!!!LOTS MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crysis FMJ

iMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iMuffins
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
I'd like to see more violence, but I also want a good game to go with it. If a game is just a pointless bloodbath with no story, then I won't play it. But if it's violent AND it has good gameplay/story, then sure. Give me more.
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

I don't think games need more gore. You shoot someone, yay blood sprays a limb falls off....not that entertaining. Not to forget this also takes up precious animation that could be put elsewhere in graphics for better gameplay.

As for the people who want to see the bullet as it goes through and the bones splintering and all that good stuff, it happens in the blink of an eye and unless you can go into super slow motion you aren't going to see a thing.

I like the way the gore and violence is now, you shoot someone, some blood comes out and they are dead. Yes, it isn't very realistic, but I'm playing a game, I don't want it to be 100% realistic.

If you want to see mass amounts of blood pouring out of a body, and crushed bones falling out of a gaping whole in someone's leg, just send me a pm. I will send you pictures from when I was ran over by a forklift, and then you can have your gore and realism.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Black_Knight_00

I don't think games need more gore. You shoot someone, yay blood sprays a limb falls off....not that entertaining. Not to forget this also takes up precious animation that could be put elsewhere in graphics for better gameplay.

As for the people who want to see the bullet as it goes through and the bones splintering and all that good stuff, it happens in the blink of an eye and unless you can go into super slow motion you aren't going to see a thing.

I like the way the gore and violence is now, you shoot someone, some blood comes out and they are dead. Yes, it isn't very realistic, but I'm playing a game, I don't want it to be 100% realistic.

If you want to see mass amounts of blood pouring out of a body, and crushed bones falling out of a gaping whole in someone's leg, just send me a pm. I will send you pictures from when I was ran over by a forklift, and then you can have your gore and realism.

cos_vanquish

I agree. In my opinion MGS3 is the paradigm of how violent a game should get: there's some blood, but that's it, no need to see more. And did I mention how great a game that is?

(I sincerely hope for you the forklift part was a joke)

SaL_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 SaL_92
Member since 2005 • 4106 Posts
i wouldnt mind it
FoodThing00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 FoodThing00
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts

Not necessarily more blood, just more...realism. Instead of getting a huge shower of blood when shooting someone in the chest, i'd rather have a small hole, or atleast see a dent in the other guys stomach with blood tricklin/flowing/spurting from the wound.

Grenades would ofcourse have to be a little more..graphic, but it's just fitting for a high-powered explosive.

(and one thought, why isn't it considered worse to show a a guy shooting someone else with no blood or gore than a guy getting his head torn off? Sure, it might be more traumatical for a young person to see that, but to heck with them.
I mean, no blood-no consequense. Added, ofcourse, to the fact that there is no consequense for killing someone >.>)

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts
I could really care less if a game is violent as long as I have fun playing it.
Sr_Mateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sr_Mateus
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
No, It's fine as it is and maybe a little less would be better... in short, I agree with Madman.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

I grew up on violent games so yea I want more blood, From smash TV, to mortal kombat, carmageddon and Quake (drools) I like violence.

I'm not saying violence can make a crappy game better, but violence is very entertaining if done right. Personally I'd like to see some more functional violence, and unique violence in games.

Gears of war is a good example of functional unique violence. You have a low saturated world, and you know you're shot hit it's mark by the bright red splatter coming out of the enemy.

Anyway it's not just about blood and guts either it's about enemy interaction also. If I shoot a guy and a rainbow pops out I'd probably think that's pretty cool if it fit in w/ the style of the game. Of course w/ most games a rainbow gunshot wouldn't doesn't exactly fit into the design doc.