VGA awards dont make sense

This topic is locked from further discussion.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

Starcraft 2 beats out ME2 for best PC game, yet SC2 is not even nominated for GOTY but ME2 is nominated?

This analogous to Robert Dinero beating out Al Pacino for Best Male Actor Award, but then having Al Pacino (and NOT Robert Dinero) be nominated for Actor of The Year

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

The VGA awards don't have to make sense because they don't matter. The only reason I gave it any attention was because of the trailers.

alanthreonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 alanthreonus
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

Mass Effect 2 is multi-platform, so presumably it's the 360 version that's nominated for Game of the Year.

evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 evil_angel74
Member since 2007 • 988 Posts
Don't try applying logic or reason to the VGA's. They are terrible awards. The best thing to come out of the VGA's is game reveals and trailers.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
Don't try applying logic or reason to the VGA's. They are terrible awards. The best thing to come out of the VGA's is game reveals and trailers.evil_angel74
basically, but honestly when they first started out it was actually just about the games and they actually had people who actually played videogames that presented the awards, but now...i dont know what the last vga was suppose to be, neil patrick harris? really? and the jokes were just sooo lame and sgt. woods wins character of the year over kratos or john marshton, yeaah i only watch it for trailers and don't give a **** about the awards.
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#6 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

Calling them "the VGA awards" doesn't make sense.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 multiplat

vadicta
oh so true, an oxymoron. i might as well rely on you to spellcheck and grammercheck whatever I write, instead of me pressing F7
Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

I wasted 2 hours of my life..The only things that caught my eyes.Was MK Kratos,UC3,and ME3 that was all.

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

[QUOTE="evil_angel74"]Don't try applying logic or reason to the VGA's. They are terrible awards. The best thing to come out of the VGA's is game reveals and trailers.Chris_Williams
basically, but honestly when they first started out it was actually just about the games and they actually had people who actually played videogames that presented the awards, but now...i dont know what the last vga was suppose to be, neil patrick harris? really? and the jokes were just sooo lame and sgt. woods wins character of the year over kratos or john marshton, yeaah i only watch it for trailers and don't give a **** about the awards.

Did you just infer that Kratos was a good character? *Loads shotgun*

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
Next year, I'm going to skip the awards show altogether and just catch the trailers on the internet after the fact.
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

[QUOTE="vadicta"]

multiplat

oh so true, an oxymoron. i might as well rely on you to spellcheck and grammercheck whatever I write, instead of me pressing F7

Actually, it's redundant, not an oxymoron. You're saying they're the Video Game Awards Awards.

6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="evil_angel74"]Don't try applying logic or reason to the VGA's. They are terrible awards. The best thing to come out of the VGA's is game reveals and trailers.TSNAKE617

Did you just infer that Kratos was a good character? *Loads shotgun*

Indeed highly amusing. Are we really complaining about an award show that nominated a voice actor for an award based on a 2 line cameo?

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

The VGA awards don't have to make sense because they don't matter. The only reason I gave it any attention was because of the trailers.

King9999
Yep.Couldn't agree more. They aren't really supposed to make sense. Just a whole bunch of critics opinions on which games are the best,and I think they may even be voted on by viewers, I'm not sure. Either way, it's just entertainment, so I enjoyed watching it, and like King9999 said, the trailers.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Why does it matter? I got to see an Uncharted 3 trailer. I'm happy.
Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#15 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
You actually watched the VGA for the awards? :lol:
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Red Dead wins game of the year, but doesn't win best 360 or PS3 game...hmmm...
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
You actually watched the VGA for the awards? :lol:Vexx88
Good one!! I think most people watched it for the sneak peeks at new titles, announcements, and possible release dates. Just entertaining , so who cares who wins any of Spike's awards!
Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

Nothing about VGA makes sense.

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#19 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
Red Dead wins game of the year, but doesn't win best 360 or PS3 game...hmmm...Flame_Blade88
Dont even bother trying to question their logic.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Red Dead wins game of the year, but doesn't win best 360 or PS3 game...hmmm...Flame_Blade88

The beauty of being a multiplatform game is that even if one is the second favorite game on each system one could concievably win first place in overall votes.

I'm not one of those guys who seeks to have my game preferences validated by awards (or reviews for that matter) and I loathe the bug-riddled RDR but the VGAs make as much/little sense as any other awards.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 multiplat

[QUOTE="multiplat"][QUOTE="vadicta"]

djsundowner

Actually, it's redundant, not an oxymoron. You're saying they're the Video Game Awards Awards.

Nah, ....hmm bling-bling, should be reduced to bling, one bling is enuff, the extra bling is redundant, i guess people on this thread refer to them as the "VGA Awards" b/c if the title of the thread just said VGA, some peeps might think the topic was about computer monitors, heck might even get cited for not posting in the PC Hardware & Tech forum.

" VGA doesnt make sense, i prefer SuperVGA, it just makes so much more sense with a cathode ray tube monitor " blah blah, seriously

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#22 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
You actually watched the VGA for the awards? :lol:Vexx88
I watched for the intellectual discussions. =P
Avatar image for FranticDarkness
FranticDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FranticDarkness
Member since 2010 • 28 Posts
The VGAs never make sense, the awards usually go out to overrated, hyped, blockbuster games
Avatar image for FranticDarkness
FranticDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FranticDarkness
Member since 2010 • 28 Posts
The VGAs never make sense the awards usually go out to overrated, over hyped games
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#25 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I don't understand why people put themselves through two hours of crap just for some trailers when GameTrailers has them up only an hour after the show ended... :|