Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Pitbulllova
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

Hello everyone,

Video games aren't mind-numbing wastes of time. Instead, they are portals to another world, they are expressions of one's own creativity and passion, and they are methods of THERAPY. Throughout my time in University, I dealt with a ton of stressors (exams, "Friends", crappy relationships). As I reflect back however, I had an amazing time in University, I owe this to two games. These games provided me with something to do after class (so I didn't have to rely on others), a reward (If I study for 2 hours, I can play 2 hours of gaming), they provided me with an escape. These were HIGH quality games.

1) Battlefield 4. Man, from my XB1 to my PS4, I have probably 200 hours playing online. I've NEVER played a shooter which had EVERYTHING in it... EVERYTHING. Total absolute teamwork is required to demolish your opponents. So much skill is required, from concepts such as bullet drop, to being able to revive your teammates without being demolished by the other team LOL. Good times. Their vehicles required SKILL and VIGILANCE; sometimes you are a sitting duck as a vehicle driver but guess what? If you had engineers in your squad, you'll survive just fine :D

2) Fallout 4. Do I need to explain any further? The immersiveness, the decisions you make and the consquences they have, the EXPLORATION. Oh man. Spent over 100 Hours on this game and I have no regrets. It got me through some tough times and I ended up happier than ever during the time I was hooked onto this game!!

Thank you Bethesda and DICE.

Any thoughts of my selections? What are yours?

Thank you.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Plenty of games that I could list but because it's early and I can't be bothered, I'll just say thank-you MK8 Deluxe.

Nearly 700 hours strong. :P

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

Thank you Fallout 76 for saving me money and making funny memes.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

Thank you Yars Revenge and Missile Command for showing me the joy of never leaving my house and twiddling my thumbs all day while staring at a TV screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Thank you New Retro Arcade Neon VR for making me feel like I time traveled back to the 90's.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11683 Posts

Prefer to thank the people who made the games over the games themselves. But yes, thank you great developers for making great games. A great pass-time and something I enjoy immensely.

I do not view/ or enjoy games as "portals to another world" like OP. But if he prefers to play games purely for immersion? that is great also.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Fallout 3.

WickedMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By WickedMuffin
Member since 2019 • 87 Posts

I also think that need to thank game developers, not the game

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Thank you Microsoft for getting online console gaming right the first time and continuing to lead the pack in innovation.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11683 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

Thank you Microsoft for getting online console gaming right the first time and continuing to lead the pack in innovation.

Murica!

*While a joke the gif above is from an Xbox game, one of the better ones as well (Metal Wolf Chaos)

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10516 Posts
@pitbulllova said:

2) Fallout 4....

Any thoughts of my selections?

errr...

not my cup of tea unfortunately. it felt like it tried to be an action rpg but fell short in both areas. too little depth to be considered a good rpg, not strong enough mechanics to be considered a good shooter.

but i'm glad you enjoyed it :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22402 Posts

Thank you Mario Odyssey for making me smile for hours and hours :)

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

Thank you Bloodborne for your gorgeous gothic atmosphere and my introduction to lovecraftian horror which I now find compelling for some reason. Thank you for your brutal challenge and introduction to the soulsbourne series, and thanks you chalice dungeons for making me stronger, better.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

"Thank you" Square-Enix for making Left Alive so that I know that Front Mission barely alive and later destroyed by you at the end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Thank you EA for Skate 3.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Shadowrun(fps) on 360/PC

Reviewers hated it because it was all online, at the time that was frowned upon.

It utilized cross-play between PC and 360, something no one was doing at the time

Og shadowrun fans hated it because it wasnt like the older rpg games.

For me and few close buds, it was one of my go to games that entire generation.

So thanks Shadowrun, many hated you ,but I got mad love for you, fantastic game.

Loved how it had the same payment system every round like counterstrike for gear, but it also had awesome magic skills to buy as well. Different race stats/abilities. So underated