Unique Super NIntendo games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SegaGenesisfan
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts

On the Super Nintendo versus Genesis thread (not fair, most people on the legacy forums are mostly Nintendo fans), even likes Luigis Mansion for whatever reason, but anyways... One thing with the Sega Genesis, I find it easy to find games that I would easily like, but it seems like I can never find an equivilent on the Super Nintendo, it just feels like there is no hidden gems, but I wonder if it is because I tend to look over the games. But, I mean we all know the Super Nintendo does not have games like The Haunting, Mutant League football, or Toe Jam and Earl8).

KronikX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KronikX9
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts

Obviously you didn't read my response to you in the other thread, so i'll copy and paste.

Capcom - Demon's Crest, Mega Man X1-3, Mega Man 7, Breath of Fire1-2, Magic Sword
Data East - Congo's Caper, Joe & Mac (Also on Genesis), Joe & Mac 2 (Not on the Genesis)
Enix/Tri-Ace - Terranigma, Star Ocean, EVO - The Search for Eden, The 7th Saga, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia
Wolf Team/Namco - Tales of Phantasia
Natsume - Wild Guns, Pocky & Rocky 1-2, Harvest Moon, The Ninja Warriors
Konami - Contra 3, Axelay, Metal Warriors, Castlevania 4 and Dracula X, Cybernator, Gradius 3, Legend of Mystical Ninja
Square - Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu, Chrono Trigger, Front Mission/Gun Hazard
Neverland/Taito - Lufia, Lufia 2, Bust-A-Move

All of these are 3rd party.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

SNES had "Super Godzilla".

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

You need to play Unirally (Uniracers in the US), that was unique.

Yameneko549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Yameneko549
Member since 2003 • 4522 Posts

You haven't played a "unique" SNES game until you've played Earthbound. Probably my pick for best RPG of all time.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

You haven't played a "unique" SNES game until you've played Earthbound. Probably my pick for best RPG of all time.

Yameneko549
Great game. And I think TC is blinded by nostalgia,his username being a hint of that. And as I said in the other thread,I owned and played both,and they were both worth owning for different reasons.
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

I've been looking through old SNES games recently...

Umihara Kawase is a pretty sweet *unique* little game. It seems a significant portion of the cool SNES games never made it to the US.

I'm sure I could concoct an impressive list of innovative games that did come out but I don't really feel like it. Your post reeks of mindless bias and I would be wasting too much of my time.

Yameneko549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Yameneko549

[QUOTE="Yameneko549"]

mattykovax

Great game. And I think TC is blinded by nostalgia,his username being a hint of that. And as I said in the other thread,I owned and played both,and they were both worth owning for different reasons.

Yeah, I see that now. Personally, I'm a fan of the Genesis, but I love both systems in their own right. I own both (two of each, actually), and while I play my Genesis a little more than I do my SNES, it's mostly because I didn't get one until after the Saturn era, so I'm having to play catch-up.

Also, I remembered another one that I didn't see mentioned: U.N. Squadron. It's a REALLY nice arcade-styleshmup that has a lot of replay value, thanks in part to the store system. Like Star Fox, it's even more fun if you use a joystick controller like the Super Advantage.

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SegaGenesisfan

I should of mentioned that I dont care about RPG games, since they all seem to be the same exact thing, just with different graphics. I will check out those games that people have listed. Same goes for Megaman games, you can't even aim at angles after how many megaman games? Seriously at least the Castlevania games on the Sega Genesis/Snes implemented this system. How is Contra 3 a unique game? Anyways most of the list for the 2nd poster, are RPG games, that is probably why the SNES sold more, because there is a big group of people who love rpg games, and the sega Genesis just had Phantasy Stars, which is all a console needs.

Demon Crest looks like what Ghost and Goblins shoudl of been all along.

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#10 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

heres some,

ignition factor,

cybernator,

super aleste,

knights of the round,

adventures of batman & robin.

KronikX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KronikX9
Member since 2003 • 60 Posts

I should of mentioned that I dont care about RPG games, since they all seem to be the same exact thing, just with different graphics. I will check out those games that people have listed. Same goes for Megaman games, you can't even aim at angles after how many megaman games? Seriously at least the Castlevania games on the Sega Genesis/Snes implemented this system. How is Contra 3 a unique game? Anyways most of the list for the 2nd poster, are RPG games, that is probably why the SNES sold more, because there is a big group of people who love rpg games, and the sega Genesis just had Phantasy Stars, which is all a console needs.

Demon Crest looks like what Ghost and Goblins shoudl of been all along.

SegaGenesisfan

I just copied and pasted my post to you from the other thread, so I was hoping you would pick out the games that you were interested in. I was too lazy to edit it myself =]. I'll take out the RPGs and write a description for the games I think you should check out. Also I don't think RPGs is the reason the SNES won, back before Final Fantasy 7 RPGs weren't nearly as mainstream as they are now. None of those RPGs I listed were in the top selling games for the SNES.

Demon's Crest - An action/platformer that has a lot of similarities like Super Metroid, has a dark atmosphere and multiple endings. The secret last boss is hard to beat.

Mega Man X1-3/ Mega Man 7 - These are some of my favorite games for the SNES, lots of replayability since you can make it as difficult as you want by not collecting any power ups.

Terranigma - This isn't really an RPG, but more like an Action/Adventure game that has a great story and a leveling system. It plays like Zelda and depending on your movement (if you're running, jumping or stationary) your attacks differ, you also gain different weapons and tools like Zelda. This game has one of my favorite endings to a game.

EVO The Search for Eden - You start off as a fish, kill other fish and gain points to evolve certain parts of your body. You can evolve into dinosaurs and eventually humans. Definitely no game like it even to this day.

ActRaiser - I forgot to put this game on before. What this game is like is you go to certain towns and start off doing an action/platforming part where you kill monsters and fight a boss. After that you go to a sim building like sequence where you can build towns and defend them with an angel. No other game like it. ActRaiser 2 loses the sim building part but is still a good game.

Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia - Both play in an overhead view like Zelda, in Soul Blazer you go into dungeons and regain parts of the town and rebuild it, unlocking more dungeons, items and npcs to talk to. Illusion of Gaia is an action game where you can transform into different heroes that have different abilities.

Wild Guns - A unique game with a fixed third person view. You aim with the D-Pad and also move with the D-Pad so you can dodge bullets. If you shoot the enemies bullets before they reach you then you build up a special meter and when you build it up you gain invincibility and a powerful weapon that wipes out everything on screen.

Pocky & Rocky 1-2 - Overhead shooter that is a ton of fun, especially two player. Instead of ships like other schmups you're a little girl and a raccoon (in the first one). This game can be pretty tough until you get the hang of meleeing your enemies bullets back at them.

Metal Warriors - A side scrolling Mech Game where you can jump out of your mech and climb into enemy mechs. Each mech has different abilities, there are also powerups and a two player vs mode that is a lot of fun. Cybernator is the sequel to Target Earth on the Genesis, so it's not very unique but a lot of fun.

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja - Two player action at its best. Different types of play such as overhead and side scrolling, you can climb on each others backs and ride piggy back if you want, so one player will run around while the other player attacks. This makes platforming with a friend who sucks at platforming much easier.

Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Seiken Densetsu 3 - I know you said you don't like RPGs, but these games are unlike any other. They aren't turn based and have up to 3 player multiplayer in SoM, and two player multiplayer in SD3. It's not turn based, but it is real time. In SD3 you level up and can change your class later on at a certain level and you gain new abilities. SD3 also has multiple end bosses since you can choose from 6 different characters to make your party. Each time you make your party the dialogue is different and the end game boss is different depending on your main character.

Kirby Super Star - I dont think I really need to explain this one, you suck up enemies to gain their abilities. You can play as two player which makes it a ton of fun.

Plok - Light hearted platformer where you shoot off your limbs as your means of attack. Kind of like Rayman, before Rayman came out.

Goof Troop - A two player puzzle game. You either play as Goofy or Max, its in a overhead view and there are different weapons that you can choose from. Each player can only hold 1 weapon, so you need to decide who is going to use which item.

Super Mario Kart - Don't think I need to write anything.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
a lot of the SFC games that are unique to me are imports. Macross, Shin-Chan, Super Chinese World 1+2...and there are a whole bunch more I can't think of at the top of my head right now.
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

addams family.... but i think that might've been on genesis too

you do realize all the arguements you're using on snes games could be said about genesis. its yer opinion and yer entitled to it but its definitely not fact if you dont think contra 3 was a good game.

edit: want unique? play Syvalion .

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

Most of the japanese titles were rpg games.... Hmmmm, I really dont see them as unique, I want games that I dont expect, Megaman is not unique, I already have played that, and it is just a alirght game. RPG games are not unique to me, because they all involve the same format, were you just press on attacks, but you do nothing in reality. Super Mario Kart is not unique, its been done all around the place at this point, I didnt make this game for people to list good SNES games, but games that are very creative, looking for games that are not exactly known by most people.

Ok Kirby is a Nintendo game, a kids game, I don't think its what I am trying to get at, because I am mainly looking for 3rd party games, not the ones that are Nintendo. I think the reason why the SNES was so popular, is because people loved the Nintendo games, in a way it was the same thing for the NES. I will check out the rest of that list, I think those are most likely unque. One thing I got to say, is the Super Nintendo has way better sound than the Sega Genesis, but why is it always high pitch sounds, I find in multiplats I like the Genesis music better, because it has more umph to it.

SegaGenesisfan

SNES had a Sony sound card which explains the superior sound.

Mr_Matthews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mr_Matthews
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

Most of the japanese titles were rpg games.... Hmmmm, I really dont see them as unique, I want games that I dont expect, Megaman is not unique, I already have played that, and it is just a alirght game. RPG games are not unique to me, because they all involve the same format, were you just press on attacks, but you do nothing in reality. Super Mario Kart is not unique, its been done all around the place at this point, I didnt make this game for people to list good SNES games, but games that are very creative, looking for games that are not exactly known by most people.

Ok Kirby is a Nintendo game, a kids game, I don't think its what I am trying to get at, because I am mainly looking for 3rd party games, not the ones that are Nintendo. I think the reason why the SNES was so popular, is because people loved the Nintendo games, in a way it was the same thing for the NES. I will check out the rest of that list, I think those are most likely unque. One thing I got to say, is the Super Nintendo has way better sound than the Sega Genesis, but why is it always high pitch sounds, I find in multiplats I like the Genesis music better, because it has more umph to it.

SegaGenesisfan

Well, perhaps you need to define was "unique" is. Believe it or not, there actually weren't very many "outside the box" games for either system (at least when compared to later console generations).

Oh, and Mario Kart was unique at the time; you can't hold these games to today's standards.

GetDaved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GetDaved
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts
I think he's just intent on being picky. Writing off Secret of Mana as a typical RPG where you just press attack is pretty crazy when it plays more like a Zelda game but with more emphasis on combat than puzzle solving.
Yameneko549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Yameneko549

I think he's just intent on being picky. (...)GetDaved

I hate to say it, but I have to agree. After the last two replies from the TC, it just feels like he\she is trying to start a mini-flamewar. Asking for "unique" games while shooting down any any answer as being "not unique", escpecially after calling Earthbound and Secret of Mana "a typical RPG" AS WELL as calling Kirby a "kids game"... It just feels like a troll topic. I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but it really does feel that way. The first post sort of gave it away as well.

Granted, I love the Genesis, but even I wouldn't call Earthbound or Secret of Mana a "typical RPG", nor would I say that Phantasy Star is "all a console needs".

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 joesh89

I think he's just intent on being picky. GetDaved

i agree, and he totally ignored my post of games.

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SegaGenesisfan

Well I already said not to talk about Nintendo games, you kind of ignored that part, everyone knows those games, just like everyone knows the Sonic games on the Sega Genesis. I did check out all on the list, one thing is that half of them are kids games that I could care less to play, that is revealing, I think that explains a lot. Well back then games were far more appealing to kids, it was something just for kids, and then along comes Sega, and they kind of made games for adult, then Sony comes along and goes all the way with it, and attracts a good deal of former nintendo fans. I think Demons Crest is what I was looking for, a game that has its own appeal, the graphics are not typical of the system, and it stands on its own, not based on a already popular franchise.

Ok one thing is you never used the King of the Monsters 2 game, that game is unique, the Genesis version is just typical, but this game goes above and beyond, not too kiddy. I have seven Snes games, guess what six of them are Nintendo game, one is King of the Monsters. I can't find anything that is really appealing that the Genesis already does, Genesis really did what Nintendont:P. Earthbound sure, but its a rpg, if I was a rpg fan I might care, because there are phantasy star games that I could of bought by now, but rpg games do not seem that unique to me. They all have the same turn based type of thing, I guess you could count Super Mario RPG as a unique game, but again it is a Nintendo game.

Now for the Sega Genesis I have seven sega games, but nine soon to be ten games are non-sega games.

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 joesh89

Well I already said not to talk about Nintendo games, you kind of ignored that part, everyone knows those games, just like everyone knows the Sonic games on the Sega Genesis. I did check out all on the list, one thing is that half of them are kids games that I could care less to play, that is revealing, I think that explains a lot. Well back then games were far more appealing to kids, it was something just for kids, and then along comes Sega, and they kind of made games for adult, then Sony comes along and goes all the way with it, and attracts a good deal of former nintendo fans. I think Demons Crest is what I was looking for, a game that has its own appeal, the graphics are not typical of the system, and it stands on its own, not based on a already popular franchise.

Ok one thing is you never used the King of the Monsters 2 game, that game is unique, the Genesis version is just typical, but this game goes above and beyond, not too kiddy. I have seven Snes games, guess what six of them are Nintendo game, one is King of the Monsters. I can't find anything that is really appealing that the Genesis already does, Genesis really did what Nintendont:P. Earthbound sure, but its a rpg, if I was a rpg fan I might care, because there are phantasy star games that I could of bought by now, but rpg games do not seem that unique to me. They all have the same turn based type of thing, I guess you could count Super Mario RPG as a unique game, but again it is a Nintendo game.

Now for the Sega Genesis I have seven sega games, but nine soon to be ten games are non-sega games.

SegaGenesisfan

none of the games i listed were nintendo.

none of the games i listed were "child games".

you are too picky, and you have too much of a bias toward sega, i myself prefer the sega mega drives library of games, but you seem to want to find faults with the snes, and because of that you will never find a game you could consider "unique"

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SegaGenesisfan

Woops I mistaked you for the other guy

heres some,

ignition factor,

cybernator,

super aleste,

knights of the round,

I will look these up, I forgot about these, even tough Super aleste is pale compared to Musha.

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 joesh89

Woops I mistaked you for the other guy

heres some,

ignition factor,

cybernator,

super aleste,

knights of the round,

I will look these up, I forgot about these, even tough Super aleste is pale compared to Musha.

SegaGenesisfan

agreed, but it still has good music, nice visuals, and shows the snes could do some real speed.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#24 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
SGF,every post you make,the way you dismiss things,and go on about how RPG's dont matter to YOU show you have a bias that nothing is going to overcome. It does not matter whether you like the game or not its still unique. I hate katarmi darmacy but its still unique. You get what I am saying? This is not system wars,and you starting to cross the line from console comparison to "mine is better than yours which is explicitly against the board rules. This is straight from the header : COMPARISONS are allowed in this board as long as there is no trolling or flaming behavior. Anyone who trolls or flames another user will be moderated accordingly.
SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SegaGenesisfan

Bias? How about the word preference, maybe that is the warrant, that maybe the Genesis and Super Nintendo were two really different types of gaming.

Aliens 3, I played this on the sega genesis, because I remember an aliens game, it is crap on the sega genesis, I thought it was the same on the Super Nintendo, but it aint. What is weird about the Snes and Genesis, is there are multiplats that are the same name, but one actually is made to be a good game, and the other is like as if it was made quickly.

I did play demons crest (on my computer), and this is what I am talking about, although the music at least as far as I saw, was rather boring. One thing I hate is when these games are hyped to be like 15+ dollars, I mean there good, but not that good. Except then again there aimed at hardcore fans, I gladly paid 30 dollars for Musha.

What I mean by unique also is, it has to be appealing.

S0LIDUS311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#26 S0LIDUS311
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

Don't know if these are unique but they were my favorite back in the day:

ActRaiser, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Killer Instinct, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Harvest Moon, Maximum Carnage, Death of Superman, Super Metroid, and Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shidira
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts

From what I've been reading, you really are just being picky. You're trying too hard to find reasons to tell yourself that Sega is "better" than the SNES. Yes, the Sega had more mature games, if that's what you're trying to say, but in my honest opinion, the SNES had the better games. I owned both, and each was good for it's own reasons, but I enjoyed the library of games on the SNES more. Yes, Nintendo had a ton more RPGs then Sega, but people love RPGs because they tell a story, not because they are dumb and enjoy doing "the same thing over and over with different graphics" or because they're fanboys. If you're one of those people who say to others "If the game's not mature enough, it's dumb" than stop bothering to play the SNES. I'm not trying to be an ass about this, I'm just being brutally honest. You can take my two cents for what it's worth.

Chet_Won

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chet_Won
Member since 2009 • 644 Posts
Bill Laimbeers combat basketball was pretty unique
SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SegaGenesisfan

Ummm I just dont care for really kiddy games, like Kirby is just so blatantly kiddy, I enjoyed it, it was even at the Y building, whatever those places are called. The list someone gave above, all of those have already been listed. RPGs are story games, most people do not care about the story in games, at least to the extents that the story is the game.

Demons Crest is not a mature game, and I thought that was unique, King of the Monsters 2 is unique and it is not mature, well Aliens 3 is though, but compared to the other alien 3 games... I thought wolf team kind of looked like the gundam version of battletech. Some of the games just in my opinion did not really have that much appeal.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Wow can you talk in circles. I'll be sure to avoid your threads in the future, screen name noted. You're not interested in people's input, you just want to tell them they're wrong. "Super Godzilla" was COMPLETELY unique to the SNES.

Have a good day.

Yameneko549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Yameneko549

Wow can you talk in circles. I'll be sure to avoid your threads in the future, screen name noted. You're not interested in people's input, you just want to tell them they're wrong. "Super Godzilla" was COMPLETELY unique to the SNES.

Have a good day.

ston3henge

Agreed. I'm doing the same.

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SegaGenesisfan

First of all I already said that I wanted the game to actually be fun, not just unique, I guess that is what I really meant, sorry. As for sayying "your just picky," umm I think that is a good thing, otherwise I end up buying games that suck, that mentality is built into me. After years of buyying crappy games, especially EA. *raises fist at EA*

I never said I would like every game that someone suggest, I think there are some unique games that I do want to get on the Super Nintendo, and I think about around now I am going to buy a couple. Maybe I would get Demons Crest, but it aint that good, I mean I can find other games that are just as enjoyable, that only cost five bucks...

JetStingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JetStingray
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts

Try these: Super Turrican 1 and 2, Hagane, Skyblazer, Nosferatu, Run Saber. Don't know if they'll be unique to you, but they're fun to play.

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SegaGenesisfan

I think those are some pretty good games, some of the thing is, a lot of these are Japanese games amirite, so its hard to tell when the title is tamskldfm 32, etc.

S0LIDUS311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#35 S0LIDUS311
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

[QUOTE="ston3henge"]

Have a good day.

Yameneko549

Agreed. I'm doing the same.

What they said.

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SegaGenesisfan

Try these: Super Turrican 1 and 2, Hagane, Skyblazer, Nosferatu, Run Saber. Don't know if they'll be unique to you, but they're fun to play.

JetStingray

Nosferatu is one manly game, he takes on werewovles with his fist, and kills a super werewolve by kicking it in the nuts at 6:50!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbi9ifxzrTY

One thing I am noticing is the ammount of over-pricing, and over-hyping, I mean there not that good that there still worth more than half there original value. I mean Musha I remember getting on Amazon for like 30 dollars, not its 56 dollars!

I think I got what I was looking for, I plan on upgrading my future collection of Super Nintendo games;). Sun blazer is 45 dollars! Its a corporation that is selling it, which is odd.

here is one, what do you think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKg0q91w5fY&feature=related

JetStingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JetStingray
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts

[QUOTE="JetStingray"]

SegaGenesisfan

Nosferatu is one manly game, he takes on werewovles with his fist, and kills a super werewolve by kicking it in the nuts at 6:50!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbi9ifxzrTY

One thing I am noticing is the ammount of over-pricing, and over-hyping, I mean there not that good that there still worth more than half there original value. I mean Musha I remember getting on Amazon for like 30 dollars, not its 56 dollars!

I think I got what I was looking for, I plan on upgrading my future collection of Super Nintendo games;). Sun blazer is 45 dollars! Its a corporation that is selling it, which is odd.

here is one, what do you think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKg0q91w5fY&feature=related

Look through some more videos from that user, he shows off some good SNES titles that people probably don't know about.
Here are some Beat Em-Ups you could check out, other than the ones already mentioned: Final Fight 3, King of Dragons, Legend, Batman Returns and Spawn

warjilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 warjilis
Member since 2003 • 210 Posts

Obviously you didn't read my response to you in the other thread, so i'll copy and paste.

Capcom - Demon's Crest, Mega Man X1-3, Mega Man 7, Breath of Fire1-2, Magic Sword
Data East - Congo's Caper, Joe & Mac (Also on Genesis), Joe & Mac 2 (Not on the Genesis)
Enix/Tri-Ace - Terranigma, Star Ocean, EVO - The Search for Eden, The 7th Saga, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia
Wolf Team/Namco - Tales of Phantasia
Natsume - Wild Guns, Pocky & Rocky 1-2, Harvest Moon, The Ninja Warriors
Konami - Contra 3, Axelay, Metal Warriors, Castlevania 4 and Dracula X, Cybernator, Gradius 3, Legend of Mystical Ninja
Square - Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu, Chrono Trigger, Front Mission/Gun Hazard
Neverland/Taito - Lufia, Lufia 2, Bust-A-Move

All of these are 3rd party.

KronikX9

Great List. I would also like to add some great titles:

Data East: Shadowrun (mush different than the Genesis version)

Enix: Actraiser, Brainlord, Robotrek

Kemco: Dragon View

Namco: Metal Marines

Sony Imagesoft: Equinox

Taito: On the Ball

Tecmo: Secret of the Stars