Treyarch is ruining Call Of Duty's good name.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IISF-SniperII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 IISF-SniperII
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts

I do not understand why infinity Ward let's Treyarch develop those crappy games like Call Of Duty 3. Treyarch is just trying to get the unsuspecting gamer to buy their games because they have the Call Of Duty title, and it is ruining COD's reputation as a good series. I have faithfully played their games since the first one on the PC and then later played COD2 on the 360 at launch. I was soooo happy that the Call Of Duty series had gotten the amazing followup it deserved. So i was really delighted to find that i only had to wait one more year for Call Of Duty 3, as i'm sure alot of people out there were. I ran out and bought COD3 the instant it came out, only to find that it sucked, horribly. The Call Of Duty formula was there, but it was twisted until unrecognizable. I couldn't believe that Treyarch could screw something up that bad. Treyarch is simply screwing up the well earned reputation that Infinity Ward started. Hopefully Tryarch will do better with COD5, but i suppose we'll find out. Anyone else feel this way?

Ehhh, sorry for the rant, i got cought up in the moment i suppose.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

No, they aren't. Because people know by now that Treyarch is the red-headed stepchild of Call of Duty and the franchise built and perfected by Infinity Ward is a separate entity.

People won't stop buying Infinity Ward games because Treyarch makes a crappier version. They will simply buy less of the Treyarch line of Call of Duty games.

Edit: Also, Activision doesn't think that Treyarch is as good as Infinity Ward and they most certainly do not think Treyarch is the true voice of the series. Activision doesn't allow, they employee Treyarch so they can further milk their second-most profitable franchise. They do it because people will buy it and though they probably wished every Call of Duty was made by Infinity Ward, Activision knows that Infinity Ward will not make an entry to the series every year. Infinity Ward spends two-or more-year cycles perfecting games; unlike other studios *coughEAsportscough.*

In the mean time, Activision will continue to do what they do best. Making money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
First off, I just wanna say that Infinity Ward have no control over Treyarch so they aren't "letting them" ruin their reputatation. I agree the Treyarch games tend to be worse, but they are two separate developers under Activision. Activision alternates the production of the Call of Duty series to maximise the time the developers can work on the game. For example, if only Infinity Ward had been producing the Call of Duty series, then Call of Duty 4 would have either been much worse, or taken much longer to come out, which I think everyone would agree is a pretty bad thing. Having the two developers working on the games separately is Activision's way of installing fans with games regularly, and it isn't their fault that the two aren't of exactly the same calibre, as if they tried to get them both the same it would more than likely result in a down grade of overall quality. Though Activision have the 2 developers, they do not try and hide which games are made by which, and so it is easy to avoid buying the Treyarch ones if you think they arent as good. Personally, I think its better to have a bit of mediocre 'filler' between two great games, and it keeps the fans with stuff to play, even if its not as good as others in the series.
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
They should have kept Treyarch making the spinoff games like Big Red One and Finest Hour, and not get into the main series.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 giyanks22
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
[QUOTE="IISF-SniperII"]

I do not understand why infinity Ward let's Treyarch develop those crappy games like Call Of Duty 3. Treyarch is just trying to get the unsuspecting gamer to buy their games because they have the Call Of Duty title, and it is ruining COD's reputation as a good series. I have faithfully played their games since the first one on the PC and then later played COD2 on the 360 at launch. I was soooo happy that the Call Of Duty series had gotten the amazing followup it deserved. So i was really delighted to find that i only had to wait one more year for Call Of Duty 3, as i'm sure alot of people out there were. I ran out and bought COD3 the instant it came out, only to find that it sucked, horribly. The Call Of Duty formula was there, but it was twisted until unrecognizable. I couldn't believe that Treyarch could screw something up that bad. Treyarch is simply screwing up the well earned reputation that Infinity Ward started. Hopefully Tryarch will do better with COD5, but i suppose we'll find out. Anyone else feel this way?

Vadoc81

:roll:

I can think of over three hundred million reasons why Activision is allowing Treyach to develop CoD5, and the reasons a start with $. Activision controls the gaming industry. The most popular game this past year was Call of Duty 4. It was made brilliantly by Infinity Ward. The next game is going to be screwed up *cough again cough* by Treyach. The reason Activision doesn't think that it will hurt their sales is because only a small percentage of the people who are going to buy CoD5 will realize that it wasn't done by infinity ward before they buy the game. The small percentage of people on Gamespot who know ahead of time of the developer are probably still going to buy the game. The majority of the people who will buy CoD5 won't give a **** about who developed the game, only that it is a Call of Duty Title.

DarkElf2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 DarkElf2112
Member since 2008 • 892 Posts
Ruining is probably a little harsh. COD3 wasn't terrible but it was quite average, not up to the COD usual standard. Your beef is with Activision who refuse to wait 2 years for Infinity Ward to put out the next high-quality Call of Duty. They want to keep cashing in on the brand while it's still red hot.
xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts

IISF-SniperII

I feel the same way. I regret buying COD3 and will not buy any future COD games made by Treyarch.

TheMierArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheMierArmy
Member since 2003 • 5699 Posts

ill post this again:

Treyarch had 11 months to develop CoD 3 but now have 2 years for this next one.

...so gamers should really wait and see how the game turns out before jumping on the treyarch hate bandwagon.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 giyanks22
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
you got a good point. Treyach's had since COD3 to work on COD5. Just a little sidenote... Cod5 might suck, but imagine Cod6 Infinity Ward's got two years to pull that off.
omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 omfg_its_dally
Member since 2006 • 8068 Posts

No, they aren't. Because people know by now that Treyarch is the red-headed stepchild of Call of Duty and the franchise built and perfected by Infinity Ward is a separate entity.

People won't stop buying Infinity Ward games because Treyarch makes a crappier version. They will simply buy less of the Treyarch line of Call of Duty games.

Edit: Also, Activision doesn't think that Treyarch is as good as Infinity Ward and they most certainly do not think Treyarch is the true voice of the series. Activision doesn't allow, they employee Treyarch so they can further milk their second-most profitable franchise. They do it because people will buy it and though they probably wished every Call of Duty was made by Infinity Ward, Activision knows that Infinity Ward will not make an entry to the series every year. Infinity Ward spends two-or more-year cycles perfecting games; unlike other studios *coughEAsportscough.*

In the mean time, Activision will continue to do what they do best. Making money.

GSU28

Yeah, but the average casual gamer doesn't know that. They don't dabble into the specifics of who made the game. And when Infinity Wars comes back around for COD 6, the casual gamers aren't going to be interested because of the sour taste that Treyarch left in their mouth.

monie11k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 monie11k
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
[QUOTE="GSU28"]

omfg_its_dally

Yeah, but the average casual gamer doesn't know that. They don't dabble into the specifics of who made the game. And when Infinity Wars comes back around for COD 6, the casual gamers aren't going to be interested because of the sour taste that Treyarch left in their mouth.

thats why CoD4 bombed sooooo bad :roll:

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#14 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

Screw CoD! Its a stupid series. Yay Treyarch! They rock the spiderman games.

Patmcc52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Patmcc52
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I completley agree that COD3 was not AS good as COD or COD2 but it wasnt horrible.
ForsbergFan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ForsbergFan21
Member since 2003 • 2908 Posts
I thought CoD3 was far better than CoD2. CoD2 was not epic enough nor as intense as CoD3. I do think tho that CoD1+UO is far better than CoD3. That's for the WW2 games but the best CoD game overall IMO is CoD4.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I thought CoD3 was far better than CoD2. CoD2 was not epic enough nor as intense as CoD3. I do think tho that CoD1+UO is far better than CoD3. That's for the WW2 games but the best CoD game overall IMO is CoD4.ForsbergFan21

You're right, CoD 3 was pretty epic. Lots of larger battles that weren't there as much in CoD 2. I've enjoyed every CoD game I've played, and I can't say I liked one more than the other. They were all different, but good in their own way. I am speaking only of the main series, though... never played the Big Red One or Finest Hour.

Avatar image for ConkerAndBerri2
ConkerAndBerri2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 ConkerAndBerri2
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts
OHHH! so thats why call of duty 3 sucked. no wonder.
bacchus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 1

#19 bacchus2
Member since 2006 • 768 Posts
I thought both COD 2 + 3 were great. COD3 brought nothing knew to the table, but I was happy with more of the same. The latest news piece says 'more destructible environments than previous games' but I don't remember there being any in previous games, but maybe my memory is just lacking. It will also be the first COD to add co-op. It also adds swimming; hopefully they use intelligent map design to make adding that feature worthwhile. Those things are interesting additions, but as always final judgement is reserved for when the game is spinning in the console.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
It's just because putting a dev on a franchise to publish a game every 2 years isn't enough for Activision. They just plain out want to milk the franchise as much as possible. So, next to infinity ward's great games now comes Treyarch's COD games. If I were you, I'd read reviews before buying a COD game from now on.
GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
CoD5 sounds promising.
Enales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Enales
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Im playing COD World at War right now and Im impresed on how Treyarch screwed the game, its just horrible, I so want my $60 bucks back!

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I thought Call of Duty World At War was a particularly good game. The online was more of the same, but CoD4's online was so good why would you want to change it?

B-L-I-N-G-A-H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 B-L-I-N-G-A-H
Member since 2008 • 410 Posts
[QUOTE="IISF-SniperII"]

seriuosly stop wining over you getting owned in cod waw, just becuase u lose in the game doesnt mean u can take out your dissapointing anger out on the forums of gamespot