Treyarch is making CoD5, Activision wants a new CoD EVERY YEAR! (Link inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

http://news.filefront.com/infinity-ward-not-making-call-of-duty-5/

I hate Treyarch, they screwed up CoD3,and they don't make PC versions of CoD, so all the PC fans of the series miss out, so even if this one is still bad, I'll be missing out, and I may not be able to see it at my friend's house or something, but anyway..

A new CoD EVERY YEAR?! That's crazy, I would rather have a great CoD every 2 years then a frikin' so-so CoD every year. I mean wow, Activision isn't just milking the series anymore, they put a frikin' sucker machine on the cow! CoD's gonna have more then 6 games in the series, that's quite an overkill, they may as well change the name to "Final Fantasy", or "Rocky".

I'm also hearing that Treyarch won't even make a modern warfare one. That's highly unlikely, and that would be a nice big "epic fail" for the series, since the push out of WWII was a nice big successful step. Maybe they'll make a "Call of Duty: Future Warfare" and make it a Sci-Fi shooter, although, I like Modern Combat better though, especially since I'm a military buff, and every time I watch the show "Future Weapons" I say to myself "man I can't wait for those to be in video games...".

So what do you think will happen?

Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts
All I can say is, well nothing. :( that shows what I think.
Avatar image for Jedi_Shearstone
Jedi_Shearstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jedi_Shearstone
Member since 2004 • 702 Posts
So lets see ive played Call of Duty 1 (IW) Call of Duty 2 (IW) and Call of Duty 4 (IW) looks like ive got to miss Call of Duty 5 and wait for number 6 but i dont get why they didnt call Call of Duty 3 another name and Call of Duty 4 Call of Duty 3 as there not the same unless IW are makiing them
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
I don't know really. I've heard about this before.
I love Infinity Ward's games, but I didn't mind Call of Duty 3. It definately wasn't up to IW standards though, but it was a fun shooter. Atleast, IMO.

I also heard that Infinity Ward would be developing the even numbers in the series (2, 4 etc.) and Treyarch will be developing the odd numbers (3, 5 etc.).

Also, the series already has more than 6 games in the series.
Counting spin-offs and the UO expansion for the original game there are 7 games in the series, I believe.
Sumotaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sumotaii
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts

Videogames??? Weren't they something back in the 90's everyone enjoyed and had a blast playing through some crazy original games and hardcore stuff? I remember them. Things i buy now once in a while....i don't think there videogames, more like trash recorded on a dvd sold at a high price. 60 bucks for a 6 hour game hahaha. I paid 7 bucks for a used copy of Final Fantasy 3 on Super Nes.

Please Videogames are going the way of Music, TV shows, Sports, Wrestling, Movies(Well 90's movies had alot of bad). They all peaked in the 90's and since Y2k its been a Windows Upgrade 1984 Big Brother World.

What EA can't do right, EA buys.....seems eventually even Mario will be EA.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

What EA can't do right, EA buys.....seems eventually even Mario will be EA.

Sumotaii

HAHAHA, oh man, it will be Nintendo vs. EA if things go the way you said, Mario will always be with nintendo, LOZ would be sold before Mario would. Also, Anti-trust laws wouldn't let EA monopolize like that.

also with the 60 bucks thing, That's why I chose just using my PC for gaming, because no game is worth 60 bucks. Except collectors editions with like, the frikin' T-shirts in them.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
More crappy games. YAY!
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Well, the series is now officially dead. Once you get into producing a new title every year you pretty much kill any chance a series has at quality. *sigh*
wacky_sashimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wacky_sashimi
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

Well, as the article also reads, IW will STILL have 2 years development time between THEIR contribution, so its not like we won't get any quality COD titles. Now there'll be a little Treyarch filler sandwiched in between the 'real' COD games made by IW. Big deal, play it or don't play it. And COD3 was that bad,I'm sure Treyarch will improve on their next project (if this is EVEN for real, there hasn't been any officialreleasedates set, or announcements made, so this is allspeculation anyways).

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Ive only played through COD2 so far (like recently) and I really liked it. So eh as an FPS fan I say bring em on.
EvilTaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 EvilTaru
Member since 2002 • 58394 Posts
So Activision doesn't want me to buy COD5 then, ok got it.
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts

So Activision doesn't want me to buy COD5 then, ok got it.EvilTaru

No kidding the series just died :(

EE2lemmonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 EE2lemmonhead
Member since 2005 • 735 Posts

IW is so funny, if you read the game informer article bout CoD4 they said the executable file in their office was called Cod3. so ya whats next CoD5 future warfare? im definitily NOT playing it. i just cant wait for CoD6. They should change the numbering on the series and make it CoD, CoD II, CoD III, CoD IV. CoD V, CoD VI, etc etc etc

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

[QUOTE="EvilTaru"]So Activision doesn't want me to buy COD5 then, ok got it._Bear

No kidding the series just died :(

And will continue to die... every other year.

Personally, I think this will hurt them in the long run. I have a few friends who were big fans of the first two Call of Duty games, but then played the third one and thought it sucked. With Call of Duty 4, I had to explain over and over again that it was made by IW when 3 wasn't. Even then most of them just told me how much COD sucked now. I had to actually get them to watch me play before they realized that I was right, and that the series was back on the right track. Imagine Activision having to deal with that EVERY OTHER YEAR! I imagine most losers on the internet like us will know not to get COD 5, but what about everybody else?

If anything, that is just dishonest.