To those who watch or used to watch G4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Scarletred
Member since 2006 • 3199 Posts
Anyone miss the old G4. Back then it really was T.V. for gamers. Now they flood the station with shows like cops, ninja warrior, and cheaters. What happened to shows like G4TV.com, and portal? Seems like it's turning into another spike t.v.
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
I miss Techtv.
Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Scarletred
oh and not to mention that they decided to ad in variations of Ninja warrior like The Unbeatable Banzuke....
ff7cloudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 ff7cloudking
Member since 2005 • 3161 Posts

When TechTv and G4 merged, they killed each other. Now we have a crappy G4, and no techtv.

And yes, I miss the old G4. i miss G4tv.com, pulse, portal, judgement day, and electric playground. Hell I even miss starcade.

Victor Lucas and Tommy Tallarico are much better than Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. They are idiots.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Every time I try to catch whats up in gaming all that is on is another Cops show. They really need to fix this or just cancel the damn channel already.
juicestain117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juicestain117
Member since 2008 • 323 Posts
i just saw g4 for the first time in 2 years couple weeks ago i was shocked by how much it changed. i still managed to enjoy x-play. but yeah it has changed
MicWazowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MicWazowski
Member since 2004 • 1704 Posts

G4 airs flashback episodes of all the shows you guys are mentioning between 9 am and Noon. Portal, Training Camp, G4TV.com, among others.

For the record, I think that new X-Play is better than classic X-play in every possible way. Just my opinion.

Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
Seriously though, they obviously canceled it because videogame tv didn't get the ratings that they were hoping for and I guess showing all of this syndicated crap does. It's a shame G4 had a lot of good shows, I could watch it for hours on end about 3-4 years ago, now it's a shell of it's former self. I do dig Xplay still, but it was so much better on Techtv. So was Attack of the Show, I mean The Screen Savers.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
yes, i miss the old g4. that was great station to watch about video games. i was sad when i watched the last of g4tv.com.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
I really enjoy the new X-Play and G4's coverage of E3 was as good as anyone's and better than that of some (looks in direction of GS). The network is terrible though. I hate watching even the commercials for sewage like Hurl.
bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#11 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts

I don't watch any of it anymore.

ebbderelict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#13 ebbderelict
Member since 2005 • 3992 Posts
I stopped watching it after seeing a very inappropriate video clip on AOTS. They were laughing about it, but I found if very offensive (and I watch Family Guy and listen to George Carlin (RIP)). I even wrote in to the show and to the station, which I have never done before to any broadcaster, and to my disappointment I received no response.
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts
yeah the station sucks, x-play used to be entertaining, now its just another retardedly scripted show, but at least its about videogames
res0i39c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 res0i39c
Member since 2007 • 2007 Posts
i juse to watch it back in the day. How i miss the old G4tv. Only thing i watch now is xplay on it, every now and then.
Mikka_kippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mikka_kippa
Member since 2005 • 971 Posts
I dunno if the American G4 is the same as the Canadian one, but I still really enjoy AOTS, X-Play, and occasionally the Lab with Leo when I'm super bored. The older shows pissed me off, especially the ones with that like Vince and Tommy. God I hated them. They were both so stupid and unprofessional.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
yea i like both tech tv and g4 before they changed
ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
G4 has never been a good cannle. It was awesome when it was ZDTV, and good when it was tech tv, with great shows like the screen savers, and extended play (before xplay became crap). If any of you have seen the review for final fantasy 4 for the DS on G4, it is one of the worst things i have ever seen in my life.
LifesonFan2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LifesonFan2112
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
The Screen Savers was a great show with Leo Laporte and Patrick Norton (Morgan Webb was just an intern in those day). Now it has turned into the most wretched show on television called Attack of the Show. AotS is so unoriginal. The first 20 minutes of the show is nothing but Youtube videos from two weeks ago. Olivia Munn is a ditz. Kevin P. is a smug ****. I have never seen a show try so hard to be funny and not succeed once. If anybody still craves the old SS, go to DL.tv. It's practically the same format.
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MKHavoc
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts
The only shows I watch now are AOTS and X Play. I really miss Icons(the old one). I learned so much about the video game industry and it's history from that show.
DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
Attack of the show is actually very funny, I like the hosts they mesh well together. The new xplay is alot better then the old one which had stupid skits and half arsed reviews.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts
I used to watch it but somehow lost interest along the way. Heck I hardly watch TV anymore save for CSI.
DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts
I miss the old G4 and TechTV. Why would they start to play Star Trek, Lost and Heroes I don't understand. G4 used to be all about gaming...but now...it just fails. I like AOTS and X-Play still.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

I only watch xplay and been halfway watching aots plus old episode of classic xplay and judgement day

g4tv need to drop Hurl,cops,cheaters,heroes and lost

ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
all you people still watch X-play, and AOTS, but the point of this is to say that G$ sucks, and is not what it used to be (ZDTV,Tech TV) if you watched gamespot TV, extened play, or the screen savers then i think you will trully understand how bad x-play and AOTS are.
ChrsCnnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChrsCnnn
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts
i miss it so much, i never watch it now except for occasionally cnet when im interested in buy new electronics. and x-play. i havemt watched anything ina while tho..
trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
its okay I watch it from time to time I think there just becoming more of a kinda of hip type of channel with tech and video game related stuff and honestly the only thing I did like that they did was celebrate 4/20:D and thier non stop E3 coverage which comes out like crap on GS
Travis350z28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Travis350z28
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts

Hardcore weed smoker are ya?:lol:

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Scarletred
yea 4/20 is good....but it only comes once a year, just like e3. They basically scrapped the whole tv 4 gamers thing and decided to make it to where they played a bunch of regular, non-game related shows and sprinkled in a few gaming shows...JUST LIKE SPIKE T.V. It pisses me off
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
I miss it. Judgement Day was my jam, way better than this new X-Play garbage.
oldogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 oldogg
Member since 2003 • 823 Posts

Adam from xplay is a very very gay man, and keven from AoTS is a Conan OBrien wanna be act alike i bet he's gay also.Travis350z28

i don't know these people personally so i can't comment on this gay stuff.

BUT, i have noticed the similarity between kevin p and conan obrien, which is why i was glad he survived the g4 tv switch.

does anyone remember that god awful alex albrecht though? gah.... when he showed up, it was all downhill. screen savers was gone within weeks.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Can't go wrong with Ninja Warrior.

I have to enter that contest one day.

Travis350z28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Travis350z28

[QUOTE="Travis350z28"]Adam from xplay is a very very gay man, and keven from AoTS is a Conan OBrien wanna be act alike i bet he's gay also.oldogg

i don't know these people personally so i can't comment on this gay stuff.

BUT, i have noticed the similarity between kevin p and conan obrien, which is why i was glad he survived the g4 tv switch.

does anyone remember that god awful alex albrecht though? gah.... when he showed up, it was all downhill. screen savers was gone within weeks.

lol kevin p trying to be funny but fails everytime isnt a good thing bro:lol: G4 needs videogames not gay guys on crack.

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

what ever happened to cheat that show was pretty good

adams a lot better when hes not on xplay watch adams soapbox its a lot beater then when hes on xplay

filter was a good show to portal was the best though

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

I miss Techtv. Kuruption84

Me too...

Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

Whenever I try to watch G4 these days, I am amazed by the crap they put on. I can't believe that people watch shows like Hurl. But I guess there must be a market for it or they wouldn't show it.

I did like the old shows from tech tv. I think that the big difference between the new programming and the old is that the old programs focused on gaming and had people in them who actually knew what they were talking about. The new shows just try to hard to be cutting edge and fail miserably. Its ridiculous. Just look at AOTS -- the hosts are just terrible. Olivia knows nothing about games or technology, the only thing she is marginally good at is wearing tight clothes and making suggestive comments. I can't figure out what Kevin is supposed to be good at -- all I see is a tooly nerd. Is he supposed to represent cool nerds? Is there such a thing as a cool nerd? Kevin is just so strange. At least Adam Sessler knows what he is talking about and has some self-awareness.

I used to like Screen Savers because Leo would focus on practical PC/Windows issues and he actually understood technology and could explain it to the audience (without giving us unnecessary info about his alleged party-animal lifestyle a la Kevin). G4TV.com was a good show because Lara Foy and the other girl knew what they were talking about when they discussed games. Tommy and Victor were also tools, but at least they were knowledgable tools and at the end of the day their programs were about the games and their love of the industry, not about what they did last weekend.

As for Xplay -- I liked it better in the past -- I think because even at its worst (too many stupid skits) you still felt like it was about the games. Now it just feels too overproduced and it feels like it lost its focus.

Travis350z28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Travis350z28
Well said.
Mr-HelmetKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points