Thoughts On Eternal Darkness and Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts

I am interested in picking up both of these games I missed out on back then. Just wondering what everyone thought of them.

Another question I have relates to buying the games used off of Gamestop. I cannot find these two games in any store nearby, including any Gamestop near me. I saw both games on the Gamestop site used, but I am wondering if anyone has had any problems or experienced any troublewith the usedgames you might have ordered off their site?

Thanks!

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
I just looked under Warehouse Deals from Amazon and they also have it in stock. Anyone recommend Warehouse Deals from Amazon over Gamestop?
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts

I didn't like Eternal Darkness. Chop off enemy arms, chop off head, kill, cast some sort of magic, watch some weird hallucination effect, rinse and repeat. Also, by the time ED came out, the graphics, even for 2002, were badly outdated. Which really hurt the immersion and atmosphere, important factors in a survival horror game. It would have made a cool comic book or novel, but a game? Not so much.

faheem_s_i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 faheem_s_i
Member since 2006 • 346 Posts
Personally I love Eternal Darkness.Such an amazing game.
hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

Once beaten and conquered gold medals Rogue Squadron II aka Rogue leader doesn't offer worthy replay

Avatar image for child_of_lileth
child_of_lileth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 child_of_lileth
Member since 2007 • 4066 Posts

I played Eternal Darkness once. It's not something I'd ever go through a second and thrid time just to get the "true ending". Much easier, and way less of a waste of time to just Youtube it.

It's like someone else already said. It's very repetative, and the main gimmick gets old after so long. At some points, you have to redo an entire room, just because at the end, your character falls apart and starts over at the begining again, because they imagined the whole thing. Parts of the game are more annoying than they are fun or scary.

Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

I enjoyed Eternal Darkness a lot when I played it is a classic and a collectors item there's no deny that it's an amazing game

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Eternal Darkness: great story, sucks you in, fantastic atmosphere. Bad controls, focuses on too many characters SW Rogue Leader: captures the star wars feel perfectly, adrenalinic, lots of unlockables, tight controls. Punishing difficulty, bad mission design
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts

I didn't like Eternal Darkness. Chop off enemy arms, chop off head, kill, cast some sort of magic, watch some weird hallucination effect, rinse and repeat. Also, by the time ED came out, the graphics, even for 2002, were badly outdated. Which really hurt the immersion and atmosphere, important factors in a survival horror game. It would have made a cool comic book or novel, but a game? Not so much.

SteveTabernacle

Boooooooooo!!! Booooo this man!!!

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="SteveTabernacle"]

Los9090

Well, he's not completely wrong: the gameplay is definitely the weakest aspect of the game, although I think the story and fear factor make up for it.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#11 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts

[QUOTE="Los9090"]

[QUOTE="SteveTabernacle"]

Black_Knight_00

Well, he's not completely wrong: the gameplay is definitely the weakest aspect of the game, although I think the story and fear factor make up for it.

Great game for its time, wonderful story though the storyline with the Roman dude was confusing

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Los9090"]

Los9090

Great game for its time, wonderful story though the storyline with the Roman dude was confusing

Agreed, but the gameplay was irritating at times, so he has a point.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

SteveTabernacle

It was a shame that Nintendo and Silicon Knights punted on production values, but the game was still compelling and very much worthy of the praise it received. I think its among the top five GC games that came out. The gameplay could have used some refinement given how magic could be abused, but it was still solid, IMO.

kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts
ya eternal darkness is one those odd rare 1 shot titles that is just awesome. its worth playing its different and has good story. the controls arent always great and the gameplay isnt the best thing since sliced bread but it gets the job done. the game has some great surprises too. its worth picking up. i imagine the gamestop site is okay to order from it is a international company. and amazon is just fine ive ordered from the countless times with no problem at all.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Star Wars rogue squadron is short but it's alot of fun

Eternal Darkness is just awesome

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Both are great games for the Nintendo Gamecube. Star wars Rogue Squadron 2 is one of my favorite Shoot the ups ever. Eternal Darkness is a great game as well. Get them both.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

May the rats eat your eyes!!!!!

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#18 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Two of my favorite games on the Gamecube.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Black_Knight_00
It was a shame that Nintendo and Silicon Knights punted on production values, but the game was still compelling and very much worthy of the praise it received. I think its among the top five GC games that came out. The gameplay could have used some refinement given how magic could be abused, but it was still solid, IMO.QuistisTrepe_
Well said, magic made things a bit too easy in the long run. Health running out? Take 5 seconds to cast a spell and you're back at 100%. Low sanity? A spell made it all better. That's how I missed most of the sanity effects.