The Oddworld dream is over.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts

Link.

A couple years ago, fans of the legendary Oddworld game series got excited when Maxis co-founder Jeff Braun said he was involved with a new Oddworld game that featured a 3D animation system that will "look as good as a CG movie." Sadly, we may have to wait awhile for thistitle;according to Oddworld creator Lorne Lanning,a fifth game in the seriesis currently not the top priority for his company.

"There's a lot of things onthe shelf right now," Lanning said when asked about the new game. "We had a few on the fire, and they're still on the shelf...there's a lot of shakeup going on[in the gaming industry]and in that turmoil, we didn't really want to put the Oddworld brand out there in the middle of it, so we're working on some other things that we'll be announcing shortly."

"We want to really aggressively experiment at this time, and we didn't want to really experiment aggressively with that brand," he added.

As for what Lanning plans to announce, he said, "What we're working on now is more of a platform issue, not an IP. Ican't go into much more description than that."

It's not all bad news for fans of Oddworld, though. According to Lanning The Oddbox, a collection of all four of the Oddworld Xbox games, will be available onSteam for PCs in 2010.

I spoke to Lanning at the 3D Summit in Los Angeles yesterday, and promise topostthe entire interview soon. Until then, how many other Oddworld fans are out there?Let us hear from you in the comments!

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/704181/New-Oddworld-Game-Shelved-Older-Games-Coming-To-PC-In-2010.html#ixzz0mC5EyW52----Me = :(
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#2 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I wasn't really a huge fan of the series. Can't say it was all that ground breaking. Funny though.
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

I stopped hoping for another Oddworld game a long, long time ago. :(

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

This is one of those series I really wanted to like but couldn't. I really liked the storylines and the characters and settings but the gameplay is what drew me away. It was really just puzzles with some 2D stealth. Im sure alot of people liked it and thats fine but it just wasnt for me. Too slow paced and repetitive.

I had the first one for Playstation and Munchies Oddysee on Xbox but I ended up getting rid of them.

Krystyan68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Krystyan68
Member since 2009 • 359 Posts

The only 1 I played was "Strangers Wrath", and to be honest, it was a brilliant FPS!!

Quadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 Quadster
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts
Aside from the 2D games which i loved to play, i only really liked Munch's oddysee which was my the 2nd Xbox game i'd ever bought (Shock to some, but i got bored of halo after completing it), and i was pleased when i heard about Munch getting ported to the PC i only wish it was out when i bought Abe's oddysee and exodus on steam cos i don't really wanna buy them again :(
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
The only 1 I played was "Strangers Wrath", and to be honest, it was a brilliant FPS!!Krystyan68
That it was, no question.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I remember playing the first game on the PS1 when I was younger. I don't recall any of us making it that far into the game at all, though. Abe did diee in funny ways though from what I remember.

Avatar image for Psycho_Ambience
Psycho_Ambience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Psycho_Ambience
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I have been playing Abe's Oddysee on my PSP. It is so difficult I want to throw the damn thing across the room. The PSP controls stink for playing old PS One games and the game itself has no real save points. The game decides when you are done with a particular area. So if you screw up and die after a lengthy part you go back to the beginning. Luckily some nice chap from Italy has some brilliant walkthroughs on youtube that make it a bit easier. I would, for sure, play this game on a new generation console if they made another one. The graphics were good, the story clever and cute, and the gameplay was challenging.
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
i loved the Oddworld games, a new one would be sweet
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#11 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

'Oddworld Inhabitants' were due to release a movie called 'Citizen Siege'..

This movie 'and game' is set within the Oddworld universe; and was due for release at the end of 2009 ?!

xion_universe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 xion_universe
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts

The only 1 I played was "Strangers Wrath", and to be honest, it was a brilliant FPS!!

Krystyan68
same it was one of the best games i have ever played along with fable 1....(2 sucks diiiiick)
Luthreidrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Luthreidrome
Member since 2009 • 253 Posts

Has anyone heard anything relatively new about Citizen Siege? I remember an article on it in a magazine fairly recently and it sounded interesting.