" The Crew " if you pre-ordered it you should Cancel it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thelordofpies
Member since 2011 • 869 Posts

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/25/7281529/ubisoft-the-crew-reviews

Do not Pre - Order this game cancel it if you pre - ordered this game,

wait for reviews to come because they are not letting people review this game untill it is out, and once it is out there Ubisoft is saying to " ignore " thous reviews a.k.a it's going to be buggy as hell or worse. So wait at least a week or two.

Just giving you guys a fair warning.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Okay.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Still buying it day 1, just not preordering. I played the beta and I was satisfied.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I mainly multiplayer game being reviewed after the servers go live... Ya sounds fishy.. The only horribly put together games they've put out are watch dogs and Unity. All others work for the majority of people with out hitch so I highly doubt it's going to be that bad. Though I will say that pre ordering anyway is a waste of cash. Just wait a year and buy the game at the same or lower price with all the content created for it rather then the base model for full shelf price.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@thelordofpies said:

wait for reviews to come because they are not letting people review this game untill it is out, and once it is out there Ubisoft is saying to " ignore " thous reviews a.k.a it's going to be buggy as hell or worse. So wait at least a week or two.

Riiight so because Ubisoft have said "hey morons we have had 2 huge closed beta´s and all press have gotten access too, we see no reason to also send out early review copies" everyone should cancel their preorder.... lol right and Santa has you on the good boy list so wait until sunday and he will pay you a visit.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Let it go man... Let them learn the hardway. :p

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thelordofpies

@Lulu_Lulu: I guess you're right because people like Jacanuk are like talking to a brick wall.

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thelordofpies

@Jacanuk said:

@thelordofpies said:

Riiight so because Ubisoft have said "hey morons we have had 2 huge closed beta´s and all press have gotten access too, we see no reason to also send out early review copies" everyone should cancel their preorder.... lol right and Santa has you on the good boy list so wait until sunday and he will pay you a visit.

yes you bloody should cancel you're pre-order when they pull this kind of crap hope you enjoy paying $60 for a buggy and barley working game.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Let it go man... Let them learn the hardway. :p

Oh, you mean the hard way by actually being in 3 beta´s where one is actually going right now. That hardway?

Also why the hell would i care what some random joe critic says? they have no idea what i like or dislike.

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thelordofpies

@Jacanuk: that's not the point if game company's know there game is good/ready to go they will let review's happen early Ubisoft knows something is wrong with this game so there blocking reviews. then it's not about the " review " it's about Ubisoft trying stop people knowing there is something wrong with it. and I not saying not to buy it just wait a day or two ( and see what everyone have's to say.) then buy it. or don't until they fix say issues.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jacanuk

@thelordofpies said:

@Jacanuk:@Jacanuk: that's not the point if game company's know there game is good/ready to go they will let review's happen early Ubisoft knows something is wrong with this game so there blocking reviews. then it's not about the " review " it's about Ubisoft trying stop people knowing there is something wrong with it. and I not saying not to buy it just wait a day or two ( and see what everyone have's to say.) then buy it. or don't until they fix say issues.

Ahh ok i see what you mean.

I dont agree with that since if you consider how much a bad review can hurt a game and with how political and self-absorbed some critics are, just look at VanOrd, Totalbiscuit (who has made a living of being the most cynical you can be and therefore of course wants to be more cynical) and people like Carolyn and reviewers who have had some personal connection with the communtiy like this gamersgate.

So i fully understand why developers are more inclined to let them wait until their game is released.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

After last month's releases...anyone who buys this game early isn't allowed to act surprised when the game turns out to be crap.

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thelordofpies

sorry hit the enter switch to early ( Ipad lol) I edit my post and I am not talking about critics only talking about everyone thought's before if you should or should not buy it and if you wait for a game to come out you can watch a video of the game on youtube after is out and see for you're self ( no not the Ubisoft pre rendered videos. But what the game will truly play like. )

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@thelordofpies: i already made a thread about this

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jacanuk

@thelordofpies said:

sorry hit the enter switch to early ( Ipad lol) I edit my post and I am not talking about critics only talking about everyone thought's before if you should or should not buy it and if you wait for a game to come out you can watch a video of the game on youtube after is out and see for you're self ( no not the Ubisoft pre rendered videos. But what the game will truly play like. )

But do you really think that the game will be that different from the beta? i was in both closed beta´s on the pc and the game ran a constant 30-60fps and worked for what they put in and which was made avaliable to us, almost without any problems, so i know what im getting and no reviewer who have their own agenda could make me not get it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

I never preorder any Ubisoft game; it's like throwing the Queens British notes into the wind.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lulu_Lulu

@thelordofpies

Not at all.... Jacanuk, on numerous occasions, has been very lenient with me.... I love a man who meets me half way. :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk

If you like flaws in your games then more power to ya... Its natural for a critic to have a bad oppinion of the game if the beta has issues, obviously theres going to be issues but from what I read The Crew's issues are flawed even by Beta testing standards.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

It's Ubisoft... I think we can all agree it'll have plenty of bugs at launch. I think we can also all agree that once you get past those bugs the game most likely won't be all that bad. That would be par for the course for Ubi.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

No probs here. I always thought the game looked totally unfun.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

Where's this paranoia coming from? Have any of you played the beta? There's one going on right now, please go and download it and see for yourselves.

I played about 2 hours last night and I must say the game seems fine. It never crashed, I never saw a glitch, and everything worked as expected. I did the opening prologue, then drove from Detroit to Miami (with a few detours along the way) and experienced no issues. It's a racing MMO. The game will change and improve with updates as time passes. But what is there now looks polished and I really enjoyed it.

You naysayers are sounding a little too entitled. You are not owed a review by anyone, at any time. It's perfectly fine if you choose not to pre-order or even buy the game. But to do so and preach that it's because Ubisoft is "obviously hiding how broken this game is", is quite ridiculous. Especially when, as has been said, they've had 2 closed betas and one open one happening now.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Grieverr

@Lulu_Lulu said:

... obviously theres going to be issues but from what I read The Crew's issues are flawed even by Beta testing standards.

Can you please elaborate? What reviewer? What flaws?

Again, I played for a couple of hours last night and experienced no issues whatsoever.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

@marcheegsr:

Sheep like these is why companies can release broken games because these kind of gamers never seem to learn.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@yukushi said:

@marcheegsr:

Sheep like these is why companies can release broken games because these kind of gamers never seem to learn.

lol Sorry if I offended you lol.

You just exposed yourself for being a hater. Go on and protect your insecurities :)

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts
@Grieverr said:

Where's this paranoia coming from? Have any of you played the beta? There's one going on right now, please go and download it and see for yourselves.

I played about 2 hours last night and I must say the game seems fine. It never crashed, I never saw a glitch, and everything worked as expected. I did the opening prologue, then drove from Detroit to Miami (with a few detours along the way) and experienced no issues. It's a racing MMO. The game will change and improve with updates as time passes. But what is there now looks polished and I really enjoyed it.

You naysayers are sounding a little too entitled. You are not owed a review by anyone, at any time. It's perfectly fine if you choose not to pre-order or even buy the game. But to do so and preach that it's because Ubisoft is "obviously hiding how broken this game is", is quite ridiculous. Especially when, as has been said, they've had 2 closed betas and one open one happening now.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulu_Lulu

@Grieverr

It twasn't a reviewer... Twas just some random guy.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44307 Posts

@jasonredemption said:
@Grieverr said:

Yes, I agree as well.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10483 Posts

agree with the op. i wouldn't touch a day one ubisoft release with a barge pole, or any day for that matter

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Grieverr

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Grieverr

It twasn't a reviewer... Twas just some random guy.

So you're non-quoting some random guy. This is how rumors spread and get crazy and have no basis to them.

I have no reason to defend Ubisoft. I don't like the Assassin's Creed series and I didn't buy Watch_Dogs. But I at least tried the games and saw some gameplay videos before I wrote them off. I also didn't go around saying they were crap and that people would be stupid to buy them.

And for this game, the beta is available now. For free. For anyone to try. If anyone has any interest in this, I'd recommend trying it out before burning it at the stake. The beta is only open until tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not saying this is an amazing game and everyone needs to go get it. I'm just saying that in my experience, it's not a broken mess and there's an easy way to see for yourself.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lulu_Lulu

@Grieverr

I didn't quote him and year that pretty much sums it up....

I have no interest in the Crew... Whether its a buggy mess or a heaven sent gem is of no import to me... But since it bothers you so much I'l keep spreading rumors :)