Snipers need a sniping game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

keen125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 keen125
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

There has been a game made for most types of gamers. But one that crosses my mind that has not been made frequenly enough are sniper games. Everyone is waiting for the next Halo game to come out, when there's no game where I can shoot peoples eyes out from 300 yards. Really though, if there are any game creaters reading this forum, it's not a waiste of your time if you make a game that satisfies the mathmatical, stealthy, and graphic approach to create something out of the ordinary. Or even just an added part to a first person shooter, such as call of duty 4. The sniping in that game, to me, did not seem realistic enough to enjoy as much as a game fully dedicated to the sniper's role in combat. Which would be to hang a long side a platoon and assist troops in there tasks. Taking the wind, distance, and in some cases, the rotation of the earth into consideration. I just think it would be awesome if you guys can take something like this into consideration. Being able to design your own ghillie and cammo for your guns. Plus, there is no copetition yet for a sniper game.

Keen

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Meh, a game based on sneaking around for hours just so you can shoot one guy doesn't exactly sound profitable.
keen125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 keen125
Yeah, I suppose. When I play a sniper role in a first person shooter, it's not much fun cause they come around the corner blasting.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
Already done :) It's called Sniper Elite.
brandon2802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brandon2802
Member since 2004 • 1773 Posts
they can only come around the corner because the game isn't set up for you to play as a sniper but i love it when two snipers have sniper wars in call of duty4 while the other team mates are fighting else were.
PAJ89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#6 PAJ89
Member since 2003 • 2020 Posts

Already done :) It's called Sniper Elite. SuperBeast

I was thinking of that. I played it a bit when a friend had the game; quite tough if I remember correctly.

derred_seven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 derred_seven
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
What about Iron Storm, although the game does kinda lag in other areas, it's very sniper oriented. And I don't want to diss snipers but wouldn't a sniping game be a bit like a point and click adventure with the only puzzle USE Gun ON Man (Yes I am a Yahtzee fan :P)
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts
Your post reminded me of the movie "Enemy at the gates" (i think that was the title, with jude law and ed harris). Before watching it i thought an action movie all about snipers would be boring, but it was fantastic. A game like that would be fantastic too.
fallconet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 fallconet
Member since 2007 • 1014 Posts

There has been a game made for most types of gamers. But one that crosses my mind that has not been made frequenly enough are sniper games. Everyone is waiting for the next Halo game to come out, when there's no game where I can shoot peoples eyes out from 300 yards. Really though, if there are any game creaters reading this forum, it's not a waiste of your time if you make a game that satisfies the mathmatical, stealthy, and graphic approach to create something out of the ordinary. Or even just an added part to a first person shooter, such as call of duty 4. The sniping in that game, to me, did not seem realistic enough to enjoy as much as a game fully dedicated to the sniper's role in combat. Which would be to hang a long side a platoon and assist troops in there tasks. Taking the wind, distance, and in some cases, the rotation of the earth into consideration. I just think it would be awesome if you guys can take something like this into consideration. Being able to design your own ghillie and cammo for your guns. Plus, there is no copetition yet for a sniper game.

Keen

keen125

thanks,but no thanks, i've played 2 sniping games: marine sharpshooter and sniper.both are just worst than eachother.

shinobi33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shinobi33

Yeah i totaly agree with Keen. I uber enjoy sniping and in most fps i own it not bosting. In most fps theres not much of a big role for sniping, a game totaly sniping orientated would be awsome but could turn bad if it wasnt done right. Like the other dude said about enemy at the gate, it was awsome, sniping like that would be sick but not a game of the movie because games of movies are rarely succsessful wouldnt you agree? Hope to see a awsome sniping game for snipers to own in the near future.

Shinobi33

keen125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 keen125
Well, what just crossed my mind a few minutes ago, was a game called silent hunter. They made a game where you sneek around under water and kill ships and try to get away. Isn't that the same concept? And I agree with you who say it has already been done, but they should make one that's up-to-date. I like having sniper wars in cod4, only problem is, you get butt raped by some guy with a P90 LOL.
Kniterait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Kniterait
Member since 2005 • 239 Posts

Well, what just crossed my mind a few minutes ago, was a game called silent hunter. They made a game where you sneek around under water and kill ships and try to get away. Isn't that the same concept? And I agree with you who say it has already been done, but they should make one that's up-to-date. I like having sniper wars in cod4, only problem is, you get butt raped by some guy with a P90 LOL. keen125

Dear god... Silent Hunter is a submarine simulator.

But anyway,
Pure sniper games are terrible trash, rather than make your equipment customizable, so when you wish you could play the entire game sneaking around and sniping.

CoD 4 is a bad example, its really all about close quarters.

And btw, P90 is a terrible spray-n-pray syringe.

--Quadkillz--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 --Quadkillz--
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts
blehhh a game focused on one thing? no thanks.
zeppelin_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 zeppelin_64
Member since 2006 • 3924 Posts
Sniper Elite for PS2.
Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
I dont think the whole game should be based around sniping but just have a good sniping system. A game about camping would be boring.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
The only one that comes to mind is something to do with the video reviewer smashing an egg against his head. Sorry, thats I all I can remember.
Mr_Doom212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mr_Doom212
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts
It's called Silent Scope and Sniper Elite. This thread=DONE!
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts
I think it's even more depressing to think about the lack of games focues on medics.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
I think it's even more depressing to think about the lack of games focues on medics. Cerussite
And engineers. Someone has to build those roads!
linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
The closest for me is the sniper levels in CoD4-not exactly realistic, but it has a nice feel to it.
betaphyr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 betaphyr14

dude hey should be focusong more on snipes

something like halo series but more sniper centered?

still have regular weapons like shotys and handguns and what not

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Already done :) It's called Sniper Elite. SuperBeast

And you never buy it unless its the console versions or the PC demo. The PC version comes with StarForce and everyone needs to boycott StarForce. I sadly bought the PC version not knowing about StarForce... then I quickly found out.

But from what I did get to play of it and the demo, it is a fantastic sniper game. Easily the best.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
they made some game called Elite Sniper or somthin to that effect, was for the ps2 and i think maybe xbox?, i cant find it anywhere tho
keen125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 keen125
Yeah, that would be cool. Walk around in fallujah with a squad of troops and use regular guns like cod4, only have sniper tasks but still have the cool first person shootem up. They do have parts in cod4 when they do that, but it didn't go deeper. There's so much more you can do with it.
keen125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 keen125

[QUOTE="SuperBeast"]Already done :) It's called Sniper Elite. foxhound_fox

And you never buy it unless its the console versions or the PC demo. The PC version comes with StarForce and everyone needs to boycott StarForce. I sadly bought the PC version not knowing about StarForce... then I quickly found out.

But from what I did get to play of it and the demo, it is a fantastic sniper game. Easily the best.

But it's the only sniper game out, and it is placed after WWII I think. I don't dissagree with anybody about this, but I do know that there's more that you can do than just crawl around.

WhiteWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 WhiteWorld
Member since 2004 • 326 Posts
I agree with you, I think a well done sniper game or part in a game would be amazing.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
I'm working on a new project specifically skewed toward the sniper crowd that's gonna scratch that sniping 'itch' quite nicely. Check your conscience at the door...
keen125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 keen125

I'm working on a new project specifically skewed toward the sniper crowd that's gonna scratch that sniping 'itch' quite nicely. Check your conscience at the door...67gt500

Do you have any current information on it?

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
The Sniper mechs in Chromehounds were surprisingly fun and deep. Its not a full on sniper game, but it did the job well.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Scouting an area and getting into position to lay on your stomach for hours waiting for that one shot. No thanks. Fortunately, video game sniping will never be anything close to real sniping.
keen125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 keen125

Scouting an area and getting into position to lay on your stomach for hours waiting for that one shot. No thanks. Fortunately, video game sniping will never be anything close to real sniping.Canvas_Of_Flesh

Be realistic please.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"]Scouting an area and getting into position to lay on your stomach for hours waiting for that one shot. No thanks. Fortunately, video game sniping will never be anything close to real sniping.keen125

Be realistic please.

I'm pretty sure that was fairly realistic. Who the heck would want to play a game about actual sniping.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

It's called Silent Scope and Sniper Elite. This thread=DONE! Mr_Doom212

Yep, and it was quite fun, even though it's bland as heck without the actual scope. However, there could be an "Enemy at the Gates" game, which would include the sniper's role in a multitude of scenarios, while at the same time emphasizing rivalries and stuff. Still, it would have to be more of an adventure/stealth game, rather than a shooter, in order to be fun.