Silent Hill series - Pyramid Head's death - When/where/how?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gvazdas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gvazdas
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts

I would really like to see how pyramid head dies in the series.
I didn't play any of the games myself because I would piss my pants and cry for mom. Ha ha.
Is there some sort of game video or footage where pyramid head dies? Or some custom mod/edit or etc?

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
There are youtube vids, I'm sure. I think it was in Silent Hill 2.
jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 jks22112
Member since 2005 • 2395 Posts
Now I may be wrong, but Pyramid head was a creation of James' from Silent Hill 2's subconscious. The fact that he's in Silent Hill the movie, and Silent Hill Homecoming is purely fan service, and really makes no sense. He dies from kinda falling on a spear into his neck intentionally after James defeats his guilt for his wife's death.
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

Now I may be wrong, but Pyramid head was a creation of James' from Silent Hill 2's subconscious. The fact that he's in Silent Hill the movie, and Silent Hill Homecoming is purely fan service, and really makes no sense. He dies from kinda falling on a spear into his neck intentionally after James defeats his guilt for his wife's death. jks22112

basicly this

sorry if you were expecting something epic but

pyrimid head basicly kills himself once james comes to terms with what he did

Crazy_Jane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Crazy_Jane
Member since 2010 • 303 Posts

Silent Hill 2 is my favourite game of all time, so my theory goes as follows.

All the enemies in Silent Hill 2 are female, as James's psychological issues all stem from his life with and subsequent murder of his wife. Pyramid head is the one male creature, and is obviously phallic in appearence, and goes around mutilating female monsters. Pyramid Head is James, as he sees himself.

When he is forced to confront Pyramid Head, he is invincible and James is helpless because James has not yet come to terms with his actions. By the end of the game he has, and he understands what he has done, and Pyramid Head destroys himself.

His appearence in homecoming is kinda just for the fans. The protagonist has a similar fear, that of an overpowering childhood 'Bogeyman', that haunts him. It just happens to look like Pyramid head, is all.

eh-ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 eh-ut
Member since 2009 • 563 Posts
Yeah i wanna see pyramid head die too.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
When he is forced to confront Pyramid Head, he is invincible and James is helpless because James has not yet come to terms with his actions. By the end of the game he has, and he understands what he has done, and Pyramid Head destroys himself.Crazy_Jane
That's basically the way I figure it as well.
Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

The devs have said specifically that PH's look is the result of James' fascination with Silent Hill's history. Without James, PH is nothing but empty symbolism. A point the movie makers failed to realize. The Janitor character from the movie is also completely out of place.

However, PH is part of a recurring motif that runs throughout the the first four games - the valtiel cult. Cultists wore these heavily stiched clothes, thick gloves and red hoods in honor of their god, Valtiel, who incidentally makes a real appearance in SH3 in the game's backgrounds. Even in SH1 you can see these cultists as part of the background, hanging in gibbets, usually. PH is a sort of caricature of this part of the town's history, twisted in its features by James' inner conflict in such a way where just looking at PH allows players to delve into James' mind to a degree that would not otherwise be possible.

MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

[QUOTE="jks22112"]Now I may be wrong, but Pyramid head was a creation of James' from Silent Hill 2's subconscious. The fact that he's in Silent Hill the movie, and Silent Hill Homecoming is purely fan service, and really makes no sense. He dies from kinda falling on a spear into his neck intentionally after James defeats his guilt for his wife's death. spawnassasin

basicly this

sorry if you were expecting something epic but

pyrimid head basicly kills himself once james comes to terms with what he did

...........and a **** load of gunfire