Should I buy a Sega Saturn($30) or Turbografx-16($16.99) and what games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DerveCreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DerveCreaves
Member since 2013 • 345 Posts
So I was just at a store and they have gotten Sega Saturn and TG016 both in Box(not factory wrapped) in. only one of each though, I can only get one right now and these are great deals. The Sega Saturn Comes with: Virtua Fighter 2 Sonic R Sonic 3D Blast Fighting Vipers Guardian Heroes These are the games that are next to the Box. Then the TG-16 comes with: Alien Crush Shockman R-Type Talespin China Warrior Dragons Curse Bonk 2 Bllody Wolf So which should I buy? and also what other games would you suggest for the one you think i should buy?(I can only buy one and someone is bound to buy the other one later.)
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Are you kidding?! For those prices, you should snatch all that up, IMMEADIATLY! You'll never find that good of that price for those systems alone, let alone with all those games. Somebody else will snatch them up real quick if you don't.

I bought my Saturn used for $50, without any games, and the average price is even higher now. My TG-16 I got for $80, again without games.

Exceed20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Exceed20XX
Member since 2011 • 817 Posts

Guardian Heroes alone is worth that.

Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

Go sell plasma or sperm, then get both.

Not kidding. Coming across deals like that are VERY rare, so I'd try to snag them both however possible.

DerveCreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DerveCreaves

Are you kidding?! For those prices, you should snatch all that up, IMMEADIATLY! You'll never find that good of that price for those systems alone, let alone with all those games. Somebody else will snatch them up real quick if you don't.

I bought my Saturn used for $50, without any games, and the average price is even higher now. My TG-16 I got for $80, again without games.

Emerald_Warrior
Yeah I know, but I am low on money and my pay is not until monday bills and all. I didn't see this coming. I have just enough for only one. I will try to buy a couple games if they let me from the other system so that if I get one eventually I'll have games, but I don't know. I liked the Genesis and the Saturn looks like a Super Genesis, but the TG-16 has so many unique games, and they are so hard to find online for cheap prices WITH games. head hurts.
DerveCreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DerveCreaves

Not kidding. Coming across deals like that are VERY rare, so I'd try to snag them both however possible.

Gemini_Red
That does give me a small idea, how much are N64's worth? The store will give me credit equal to the average prices you find it at, if it's not too cheap I might have enough for both if I trade my n4 in with a couple games.
DerveCreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DerveCreaves

Gemini_Red
That does give me a small idea, how much are N64's worth? The store will give me credit equal to the average prices you find it at, if it's not too cheap I might have enough for both if I trade my n4 in with a couple games.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
I would buy the Saturn if it were up to me.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="Gemini_Red"]

DerveCreaves

Normally I wouldn't support selling your consoles. But in this case, I say do it. Saturns and TG-16s are hard enough to come by in the wild, but then add the awesome deal to it and it's a phenomenal deal. On the other hand, N64s are VERY easy to find. You can easily replace it.

DerveCreaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DerveCreaves

[QUOTE="DerveCreaves"][QUOTE="Gemini_Red"]

Emerald_Warrior

Normally I wouldn't support selling your consoles. But in this case, I say do it. Saturns and TG-16s are hard enough to come by in the wild, but then add the awesome deal to it and it's a phenomenal deal. On the other hand, N64s are VERY easy to find. You can easily replace it.

Well i can sell it to the same store and I will have a tad of money on the side. I'll just get rid of the N64, MM, and DK64 and get them later since you said they are easy to find. Thanks a ;ot. Now hopefully those other Saturn games in that cd bin full of games and music will still be there when i get paid so i can get even more Saturn games.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

those deals are incredible, especially saturn deal, which is the best system for me

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If you can get both for 47 dollars. If the games are included. But if you want the more modern console Sega Saturn.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

R-Type and Guardian Heroes alone are at least worth 80 bucks combined, used. I hate to say this, but you must get both of these deals.

About the Turbografx-16, what i do know, is that it's one of the kings of shmup machines. The holy trinity of shmup machines are the Genesis+CDaddon, the Saturn and the Turbografx-16.

It has a massive, brilliant library of shmups. Here are the cheaper ones, which are a must to get:

• Air Zonk
  • Aero Blasters
  • Blazing Lazers
  • Neutopia
  • Galaca '90
  • Gradius II
  • Detana!! Twin Bee
  • Image Fight

Quality 10 out of 10 shmups right there.

There are more, but most are expensive. Such as Coryoon - Child of Dragon, which is 200 bucks. Soldier Blade, which is 60 bucks. Magic Chase, which is at least 150 bucks. Etc.

Games from other genres, cheap and a must to get:

• Alien Crush
  • Bonk's Adventure
  • Bonk's Revenge
  • Ninja Spirit
  • Legendary Axe II

I am not experienced enough with the system so i can't give you more, but i always wanted to get one.

As for the Saturn, it has a huge, diverse library of quality games. Here's an older list i made of titles worth getting. Either they are exclusive, have at most 1 other port, have extra exclusive content, or are just cheaper than dirt (such as with Nights into Dreams, Virtua Fighter 2, etc.). All of them are great and have aged well.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Bulk Slash
Virtua Fighter 2
SEGA Rally (the mechanics and car handling have barely ben surpassed, light years ahead of its time)
Nights into Dreams...
Panzer Dragoon Saga (jp version infinitely cheaper)
Shinning The Holy Ark
Shinning Force III Scenario 1, 2 and 3
Dragon Force II
Magic Knight Rayearth
Albert Odyssey
PowerSlave
Daytona USA CE (jp import)
Winter Heat
Night Striker S
Grid Runner
Astal
Super Tempo
The Legend of Oasis
Saturn Bomberman
Purikura Daisakusen
Guardian Heroes
Keio Flying Squadron 2
Shinobi-X
Dungeon & Dragons Collection
Three Dirty Dwarves
Astra Super Stars
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
Cyberbots
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Assault Suit Leynos 2
Gunbird
Sengoku Blade
Game Tengoku - The Game Paradise
Darius Gaiden
Galactic Attack
Cotton 2
Battle Garegga
Batsugun
Sonic Jam (extra content, easier modes, a lot of charm poured into it)
Virtua Cop 2 (one of the best lightgun games ever to grace a console)

41 games in total for the Saturn to get you started.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
If you can only get one, go for the TG-16, it's much harder to come by at a good price. Guardian Heroes is also hard to get at a good price, but if you have or plan to get a 360, it's on XBLA.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
TG-16!!!! Those things are usually quite a bit more expensive than the saturn.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
SEGA!!! Btw, that is very cheap.