Scrached game/ Unreadable Disc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bryan_198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bryan_198
Member since 2015 • 16 Posts

What's up gamers,

I'm an Xbox 360 gamer and I recently bought Modern Warfare 2. The game is a little bit scrached.. When I put it in my Xbox it's readable and I can start playing. Everything is alright until I join a lobby online.. When it says: "Match is about to begin" it just freeze.. I can't do anything except pressing the home button on my controller and when I can join a game and that I'm capable of playing the hole game it does it on the next game of it says: "disc unreadable"

I tried washing it with soap because it worked with another one of my games but it keeps doing the same thing..!! I was wondering if you guys had any tricks for that and if I download the game directly on my Xbox's HDD with my friends game will it work?

Thanks for the answer!! :D

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Yes, it's called SkipDr.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 BattleStreak
Member since 2016 • 1763 Posts

Don't have these kinds of problems with digital games.

But seriously, like the above post, get SkipDr or another disc repair machine/thing. If not that, then just return or sell the game if you can.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

@bryan_198: Last generation just playing modern warfare at the rate you are going you will be on to this generation and playing cod of duty black ops 2 in 2024

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44650 Posts

Hold the disc up with a light behind it, if you notice light passing through with scratches on label side then you're screwed, take it back where you got it to exchange or return, if it is scratched on other side then try installing to HDD and see if that works, if not take it back.

Capri2S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Capri2S
Member since 2016 • 142 Posts

Buy a better copy (that would be cheaper than buying a disc repair machine), its an old game you should be able to find it cheap. Personally i would have checked the disc when i bought it and returned it soon after if it was scratched or didn't work.