rhythm based games/imports

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FreshDimSum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FreshDimSum
Member since 2008 • 605 Posts

after seeing how Guitar Hero made it big in the past couple of years, it saddens me to see how games like beatmania IIDX(jp) and DJ max(Kor) never really saw the light of day over here in teh states. i mean, if GH proved anything, it showed how ppl love to play music as much as any other genre. i own GH3 and beatmania US (even tho the soundtrack really blows) i play with the turntable more than i do with the guitar. and soon im going to import IIDX 12 happy sky and 13 distorted. konami of america needs to bring these titles over here asap!

PS: capcom needs to bring namco x capcom overhere too. it just might be one of the best RPGs ever made. translate translate translate!

N3MO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 N3MO
Member since 2002 • 20333 Posts
SCEA denied Namco X Capcom from being released in the States.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

SCEA denied Namco X Capcom from being released in the States.N3MO

Yeah...why ever...maybe because many Characters are pretty unknown out of japan.I played the japanese Version which is pretty good playable if you ever played a RBS-Game.I evern wrote a Review.

But really crazy games,Segagaga for example or good 2D-Games almost never make it out of Japan.Tales of Rebirth for example which is often said to be the best "Tales of" for example.Rumors say it has or had soemthing to do with Sonys Console-Politics too...they wanted to show off a 3D-Console and stuff like that.They had been the main reason why some Working Desings-Titles had been released so late and so the best RPG-Publisher died.

FreshDimSum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FreshDimSum

maybe one day...

N3MO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 N3MO
Member since 2002 • 20333 Posts

Yea, Rebirth was also a victim of SCEA. One of the worst cases I heard about was SCEA blocking Oz on the PS2 because SCEA considered it direct competition of Genji at the time. Konami gave up on bringing it over after it was first denied.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

Why do Sony do this?

Nintendo doesn't seem to care that you import Japanese DS games.

In what way does it hurt the PSP if DJ max portable is released outside Japan?

This will only encourage illegal ways because it's the only way to get it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
*ogles sig*

Yeah, there are some of us who've had the pleasure of playing the amazing rhythm games. Sadly, not nearly enough though. With GH's success, I really think that IIDX might be successful here, especially if marketed properly and not messed with like previous "American" versions.
krypton04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 krypton04
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Beatmania did come out in the states, from the review it didn't seem to be very good. Must be a very small crowd.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Beatmania did come out in the states, from the review it didn't seem to be very good. Must be a very small crowd.krypton04

That's "Beatmania" not IIDX. Its an "Americanized" version of the Japanese version with tracks from the west. IIDX, along with its counterparts; Guitarfreaks, Drummania, Keyboardmania and DDR are among the most popular arcade games around the world. There is quite the following for DDR here in North America, one that prompted Guitar Hero to be made. I really think that many fans of both DDR and importers of IIDX would very much appreciate North American retail versions. They really don't even need to be localized properly, some fancy "Engrish" is all they'd need.
FreshDimSum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FreshDimSum

Beatmania did come out in the states, from the review it didn't seem to be very good. Must be a very small crowd.krypton04

the american version (BMUS) cant even be considered a true IIDX game. it was half assed and ugly. only a few of the composers in BMUS were true beatmania composers (taka, L.E.D, nagureo, Osamu Kubota, to name a few). if u were to compare GH to IIDX, IIDX would take the cake easy from music variety to artwork.

viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts

Well...there was the japanese versions of Elite Beat Agents, called Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan!...If I spelled it correctly.

brandon2802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 brandon2802
Member since 2004 • 1773 Posts
Gitaroo-Man, my favorite rhythm game.
FreshDimSum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FreshDimSum
wonder is there a future for beatmania for the ps3...
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#14 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

The funny thing is that even Dance!Online,which is free 2 play has a lot more features that are motivating then the japanese originals.Personalising a Character,Leveling up...I think all DDR and Danceing Stage-Parts need to take a big step forward until I whould pay for it.After all,the singlle-player modes doesn´t give much to anyone.The only game I played over 30Minutes had been DDR Supernova...