Retron 5 available for pre-order now on amazon!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

I posted a topic a few weeks ago asking if anyone has heard anything new about the hyperkin retron 5. Turns out a few days ago it went up for pre order on amazon for $99

If you haven't seen it, its just about the best thing to ever come to legacy gaming. It plays nes, snes, sega genesis, gb, gbc, gba, famicon, and super famicon carts. It allows for save states, speeding up things and slowing down, some kind of cheats like thing (probably like game genie or something). Also it upscales games to 720p using hdmi and has some kind of sound altering software to fix sound issues common to emulation like this

you can also use orginal controllers, or their blu-tooth one and you can even use the controllers from one system with games on another. like a snes controller with genesis games

here's some info here and here

and here is the amazon page for the grey version, also comes in black: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DZIX394/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Been thinking about this as a gift for someone, and possibly myself. Worried about pre-ordering though--I really want to see reviews and how it performs, etc.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

If I had a bunch of NES/SNES/Genesis cartridges I'd be all over this thing, but alas, my collection is non-existent. It'd probably be cheaper for me to just buy a SNES (the games/system I really want to play) and the cartridges.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

The Amazon link is dead now.

Nothing fills me with confidence more than when the photos of an upcomming system are promo renders. :)

-Byshop

Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

I've bought things like this before and they always suck. The games never sound or look the same, not every game works, sometimes it only plays in black and white, or the system just stops working and you whip it at the trash can. I'm impressed with some of it though, like the blu-tooth controller. I'd like to know if it actually does emulate games properly. If it actually works how I'd like it to, it would be amazing. So, I guess I'll wait a while to see how it performs.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Emulation blows.