Resistance or DBZ: Burst Limit

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IIHitandRunII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 IIHitandRunII
Member since 2008 • 349 Posts
I just bought a Playstation 3 with 4 games. (Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear 4, and Euro 2008.) I completed MGS4 and i am at the end of ratchet and clank (Final boss) which i am having trouble with. Otherwise i am planning of buying a game. I want to choose between Resistance or Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, both look awesome, although i want to know do people still play resistance online? and do people play online DBZ: Burst Limit? I do want to listen to other people's opinions.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I am pretty sure alot of people still play the game online.As when it comes to making your choice I say pick which ever want that you want the most.I would say the smart choice would be to buy Resistence and then once DBZ becomes cheaper then you can buy it.But in the end it is up to you.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Get Resistance, Burst limit is the worst DBZ fighting game unless you like playing online.

Just to clear some stuff up the reasons why I didn't like Burst limit

• Only 16 playable characters (I cant remember the exact number of characters but it wasn't a lot)
  • Random cut scenes when your doing a move can get annoying (it happens a lot)
  • Out side of improved graphics and online mode previous DBZ games are way better.
  • Very bad dubing
  • Story mode is just a complete mess
IIHitandRunII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IIHitandRunII

Well i played the DBZ Demo it was okay although i liked Budokia much more, but only 16 playable characters :S well that's a let down. The one i want most is resistance actually i am really looking forwarc to playing it, well thanks guys i really appreciate it :)

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
Burst Limit is quite good.
PurpleHaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PurpleHaze89
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

Get Resistance, Burst limit is the worst DBZ fighting game unless you like playing online.

Just to clear some stuff up the reasons why I didn't like Burst limit

• Only 16 playable characters (I cant remember the exact number of characters but it wasn't a lot)
  • Random cut scenes when your doing a move can get annoying (it happens a lot)
  • Out side of improved graphics and online mode previous DBZ games are way better.
  • Very bad dubing
  • Story mode is just a complete mess

Ballroompirate

first of all there are 21 or 24 characters i'm not sure but it's definatly more than 16. Burst Limit is by far the best DBZ Fighter after Budokai 3. Tenkaichi doesnt come close in terms of gameplay, all of the characters in tenkaichi play the same.

Topic: Well i dont know i haven't played resistance but i can tell u Burst Limit got some neat combo engine. Don't buy Burst Limit for the online play tho since the only thing u'll get there is lag lol

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
Resistance is the best game on the PS3.
EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts
i would say get resistance. The game was good online and single player wise.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 giyanks22
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
I've played Resistance, and it was okay. I own Burst Limit. The Story mode is crap, and you can beat it in a couple of hours. There is a lot of replayability though, with different trials to go through. The online mode is fun, but you get lag on internationial matches, and sometimes it is hard to find a session, so you can create one yourself. I didn't enjoy Burst Limit as much as I thought I would, but it is a 7.5-8 in my book. I played Resistance for like one mission on the campaign, and I didn't really have time to enjoy it. I'd try Resistance, because DBZ will come down a lot, and you can get Resistance used at Gamestop, way cheaper. I'd go for resistance.
IIHitandRunII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IIHitandRunII

thanks guys :) i just bought resistance and i AM REALLY REALLY LOVING IT. Although i think i will buy DBZ another time.

UltimaSlayer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 UltimaSlayer94
Member since 2008 • 411 Posts

Why in god's name would you get burst limit? Even if you were dumb enough to get a DBZ game, why burst limit? It's the worst one out, with like 20 characters, a couple of stages, and even crappier story.

Get resistance. At least its sort of good.