Ps3 connection problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Skull3000
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

ok, i have been playing online on my ps3 since i first got it (via wireless connection) it always used to wobble between 80%85% conecction status but for the last like three weeks it wont get any better then 40% its really starting to get on my nerves it wont GO ANY HIGHER!!!( my router is fine its quite new and is pretty fast ) please help me i can bareley go online without lagging like crazy or getting signed out because of lost connection, and i barely squeaked by the last update, Thanks (hope you can help)

CrimsonpugTwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CrimsonpugTwo
Member since 2004 • 2220 Posts

Is your WiFi connection secure? If not there could be others in your neighborhood stealing your bandwidth - that could explain why.

Also - if it is a cable modem - what times are you playing at? Cable internet (while the fastest) do loose bandwidth if there are others in your area actually watching their cable TVs. If you are playing at peak watching times you could see a dip in signal as well.

Those are my suggestions of what to look for.

Skull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Skull3000
ok thanks for the suggestions ill look into that
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
I hate to suggest this, but if nothing has changed since you started using the PS3 except the signal strength. I would think your starting to have hardware failure of the PS 3 Wi Fi. Do you have any other items hooked up to the wireless? How are they acting? Are they getting full signal? If you don't have any other devices can you get someones laptop to test connection? If that item is fine you know you have a PS3 specific problem and not a network problem. Thats the easy way to test it see if all the other devices in the network chain are getting full signal, if they are you need to have your PS3 serviced. Also is there any way you can get a long network cable? So you can test the wired connection? At least if that works you can still have a functioning PS3 even though gimped.
ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
make sure you have nothing next to your ps3 or cable modem and router that could be causing interferance such as a wireless phone, or speakers.
Skull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Skull3000