Predict review scores for Quantum Break, R&C, DSIII, Star Fox Zero, & others - Metacritic Prediction League - April

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Profrektius
Member since 2016 • 27 Posts

20. Mar:Hitman Intro Pack, currently at 76 on PC, 76 on PS4, and 80 on Xbox One, which averages out to 77. EA Sports UFC 2 is 77 on Xbox One, and 81 on PS4, averaging out to 79. The Division is 78 on PC, 79 on Xbox One, and 81 on PS4, averaging out to 79.

10. Mar: Early reviews of Hitman Intro Pack, put it at 77 on PS4, and EA Sports UFC 2 is 76 on Xbox One, and 80 on PS4, averaging out to 78.

27 Feb:Post your predictions for March now. Post predictions for at least 3 games (3, 4, 5 or more)from: Hitman, The Division, UFC 2, Adr1ft, EVE: Valkyrie, Trackmania Turbo, and Nights of Azure. Also as long as you have 3 from the ones listed, you can also add any other game releasing in March as long as it's not a remaster, rerelease, port, and doesn't already have a metascore/reviews, I'll add it to the predictions.

27 Feb: (Updated 7 Mar) Superhot on Metacritic just dropped to 83 after being at 84 for a while.

24 Feb: (Updated 8 Mar) Far Cry Primal on Metacritic at 76 on PS4, 78 on Xbox One, and 75 on PC, which averages out to 76. Anyone surprised by the Metacritic score of Far Cry Primal?

I'm new to GameSpot so I don't know if this has been done before, but I thought it would be fun to predict the average Metacritic scores for upcoming games. If you want to participate just post the games and your prediction as a score out of 100. Predictions must be made before the games are released and before the first reviews appear on Metacritic. I decided to score points to make this more competitive, and also included negative points to reward consistency. Also feel free to tell why you think the games will get said scores if you make predictions.

Scoring: (For multiplatform games the average of the Metacritic scores will be taken)

• Predicting exact Metacritic score = +5 points
  • Off by 1 = +4 points
  • Off by 2 = +3 points
  • Off by 3 = +2 points
  • Off by 4 = +1 points
  • Off by 5 = +0 points
  • Off by 6 = -1 points
  • Off by 7 = -2 points
  • Off by 8 = -3 points
  • Off by 9 = -4 points
  • Off by 10 or more = -5 points

Games of February (Vote on both titles)

• Far Cry Primal
  • Superhot

Games of March (Vote on AT LEAST 3 titles, so 3, 4, 5, etc. is fine)

• Hitman: - Episode 1 - Intro
  • Tom Clancy's The Division
  • EA Sports UFC 2
  • Adr1ft
  • EVE: Valkyrie
  • TrackMania Turbo
  • Nights of Azure

Games of April (Predict Metacrtic score for AT LEAST 3 titles for April, so 3, 4, 5, etc. is fine)

• Quantum Break
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Dark Souls III
  • Star Fox Zero
  • (Any other title you want to predict that's releasing in March, and doesn't have reviews up yet and is not a port/rerelease/remaster)

Games of May (Predict Metacrtic score for AT LEAST 5 titles for May, so 5, 6, 7, etc. is fine)

• Battleborn
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
  • DOOM
  • Homefront: The Revolution
  • Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
  • Overwatch
  • Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps
  • Total War: WARHAMMER
  • (Any other title you want to predict that's releasing in March, and doesn't have reviews up yet and is not a port/rerelease/remaster)

Table of predictions for Games of March (last updated 20. Mar)

UserGamePredicted Metacritic scoreActual metacritic scorePoints
ProfrektiusHitman: - Episode 1 - Intro7777+5
suicidesn0wmanHitman: - Episode 1 - Intro7877+4
kingcrimson24Hitman: - Episode 1 - Intro7977+3
WirrexxHitman: - Episode 1 - Intro7777+5
DexdaHitman: - Episode 1 - Intro8577-3
ProfrektiusTom Clancy's The Division7979+5
suicidesn0wmanTom Clancy's The Division8679-2
kingcrimson24Tom Clancy's The Division8079+4
WirrexxTom Clancy's The Division8279+2
DexdaTom Clancy's The Division7079-4
ProfrektiusEA Sports UFC 27779+3
suicidesn0wmanEA Sports UFC 28179+3
kingcrimson24EA Sports UFC 27879+4
WirrexxEA Sports UFC 27279-2
DexdaEA Sports UFC 27579+1
suicidesn0wmanAdr1ft75--
suicidesn0wmanEVE: Valkyrie82--

Table of predictions for Games of February (last updated 8 Mar)

UserGamePredicted metacritic scoreActual metacritic scorePoints
ProfrektiusFar Cry Primal75764
DunoidFar Cry Primal9976-5
jun_aka_pektoFar Cry Primal6576-5
TorQueMoDFar Cry Primal74763
ProfrektiusSuperhot80832
DunoidSuperhot4083-5
jun_aka_pektoSuperhot7583-3
TorQueMoDSuperhot87831

Leaderboard for February (last updated 8 Mar)

PositionUserPoints
1.Profrektius6
2.TorQueMoD4
3.jun_aka_pekto-8
4.Dunoid-10

Leaderboard for March (last updated 20. Mar)

PositionUserPoints
1Profrektius13
2kingcrimson2411
3suicidesn0wman5
3Wirrexx5
5Dexda-6
Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Profrektius

I'll start with my predictions.

• Far Cry Primal - 80
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 - 75
  • Superhot - 80
Dunoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dunoid
Member since 2016 • 72 Posts

Skyrim with Guns without the Guns :

Metacritic: 99 "Finally I can **** an owl"

User Rating: 4 "where are the guns"

Plant-based Practical Joke Turned Serious :

Metacritic: 28 "It's literally just the original Flash game"

User Ratings: 10 "suck my cob, scrub"

The Only Interesting FPS in the past 20 Years :

Metacritic: 40 "This is not Call of Duty"

User Ratings: 4 "This is not Call of Duty"

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Far Cry with no guns? 6.5/10

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2? 7.5/10

Super Hot? 7.5/10

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Profrektius

I will take your predictions seriously Dunoid, if you want to update those predictions, post a new comment with your new predictions anytime before the games launch/get reviews on metacritic and I will update them.

jun_aka_pekto I would appreciate if you made predictions for the other two games as well.

As for the lack of users wanting to participate, feel free to tell me how I could improve this, or if you just think this whole idea is stupid. I'd really appreciate at least feedback, as I'm new here and I just thought it would be a cool idea. :/

TorQueMoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By TorQueMoD
Member since 2003 • 53 Posts

Farcry Primal - 74

Plants vs Zombies GW 2 - 81

Super Hot - 87

For some reason I don't think Primal is going to be as good as FC 3 and 4 and to be honest now that UBI is annualizing them, the quality is dropping which each successor. Its still one of my absolute favorite franchises, but I think its going to fatigue a lot faster than their other IPs.

PvZGW2 is going to be better than the first I think and Superhot is going to do a lot better than anyone predicts! Those are my guesses anyway.

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Profrektius

I think with Far Cry Primal it will depend on how much the reviewers will see it as an innovation, or just another skin over Far Cry. I think the less it feels like Far Cry the better score it will get. The setting for the game is pretty fresh, but if it feel just like the other games, but with less variety and options now, it won't do nearly as well. I might actually lower my prediction while I still can.

As for Superhot, it definitely looks very interesting and fresh and could be a great game, but I am concerned about the amount of content this game can provide. I'd imagine it would get old relatively quickly with the lack of variety we have seen there.

I'll change my prediction for Far Cry Primal

Far Cry Primal - 75

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Profrektius

I'll have to remove Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, as I didn't realize it already had a metacritic score at the time of me posting the thread.

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Profrektius

Guys less than 24 hours left until Far Cry Primal review embargo will be lifted. The embargo for Far Cry Primal reviews ends on February 22 (Monday) at 3AM PST. (That's 20 hours from now.)

If you want to try and predict how well Far Cry Primal will fare, this is your last chance.

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Profrektius

Far Cry Primal currently sitting at 77 on PS4 and 83 on Xbox One, which averages out to 80. My initial prediction was spot on, shouldn't have changed it. :D Either way it's early and the reviews will still come in and the metascore will still change, but expect it will be somewhere around the 80 mark.

Edit: 24 Feb: Far Cry Primal on Metacritic at 76 on PS4, and 78 on Xbox One, which averages out to 77. Anyone surprised by the Metacritic score of Far Cry Primal?

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Profrektius

25 Feb:Superhot on Metacritic at 85 on PC. Might go even higher that that and is getting very good reviews all around. Thoughts on this?

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

Kind of wishing I had read this thread earlier, this would have been a lot of fun! Hope you do one of these again in the future.

I may have to steal this idea for my site too, fun way to get users to interact with each other.

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Profrektius

@suicidesn0wman: Well since February is basically done, I could actually start with March now. I'll update it in a moment now and feel free to participate. As for using the idea, go ahead, but as you can see here, most people don't seem very interested in this.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 suicidesn0wman

@profrektius: It doesn't help that the forums are kind of dead too, and it might do well in system wars but there are a lot of toxic fanboys there too, they'll ruin it. The idea is great, just needs more people to see it.

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Profrektius

@suicidesn0wman: I was actually editing my post but you already replied. I was gonna expand on that. For your site, you'd ideally want something that would require users to participate daily, and they would be interested in following every single day (which would also help with keeping users visiting your site every day). It would encourage users to engage daily, encourage participation and could get everyone on your site involved. For example user voting greatest video game character tournament with daily match ups, set it up like a sports tournament with groups before knockout stages. Many similar ideas work.

As for this, it's not due to the forums being dead, it's really that 99% of people don't care, out of over 400 people only 2 people made serious predictions. I've actually tried/seen this idea in several places, and same exact reaction, most people don't care. And even if many people participated, all people need to do is post once a month (also bad for months when there are no interesting games), and there is no interaction really (which also leads to most people being disinterested). But either way, good luck with your site. :)

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 suicidesn0wman

@profrektius: Well I'll be around to participate now that I've seen it. And everything starts out small, for all we know next months might have 6 people participate, by next year it could be 20 or 30.

And I get the same thing with my site, it's meant to be a site for people who want to post news & reviews, and a lot of people actually do this, but for whatever reason 99% of them ignore my site as well. But whatever, it's not going away, and I know at some point it will grow big enough people will start getting involved, getting more engaged.

Either way, I'm glad you started this here, hope it grows in popularity.

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Profrektius

@suicidesn0wman: Well I would love for this idea to be more popular so if you do implement it on your site, let me know. :) I'd prefer if someone else was running it as it would be less work for me. :D

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Profrektius

My predictions for March.

• Hitman: Episode 1 — Intro - 75
  • Tom Clancy's The Division - 80
  • EA Sports UFC 2 - 80

I'll remind you have to chose at least 3 games from March.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 suicidesn0wman

Is it a limit of 3? or no fewer than 3?

• Hitman: - Episode 1 - Intro - 78
  • Tom Clancy's The Division - 86
  • EA Sports UFC 2 - 81
  • Adr1ft - 75
  • EVE: Valkyrie - 82

If its limit of 3 just take the first 3 predictions.

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Profrektius

@suicidesn0wman: Quite a high prediction for the Division. I'm somehow much more skeptical about the game. And yea all 5 predictions are fine, it's just no fewer than 3 from the ones posted. Could be 3, could be 4, could be 5, 6 etc. There is no max limit.

Also for anyone else, as long as you have 3 from the ones listed, you can also add any other game releasing in March as long as it's not a remaster, rerelease, port, and doesn't already have a metascore/reviews, I'll add it to the predictions.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#21 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

• Hitman: - Episode 1 - Intro : 79
  • Tom Clancy's The Division : 80
  • EA Sports UFC 2 : 78
Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Profrektius

Last moment to predict the score for The Division. You can still predict since there are no early reviews, the embargo is set for launch day and no reviewers have gotten early copies meaning reviewers are starting to play only on the launch day so still a while until first reviews appear.

The more I see/hear about the game, the more I believe The Division will not do well with critics. I will lower my prediction while I still can (especially since otherwise kingcrimson24 would have the same prediction as me). Even though I normally predict only in increments of 5, I will make an exception and lower my The Division prediction by 1. (From 80 to 79)

My updated prediction for The Division.

• Tom Clancy's The Division - 79
Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Profrektius

Since I am no longer predicting in increments of 5, I will also adjust my Hitman first episode prediction from 75 to 77. The lack of content and overall criticism of the episodic model will bring the score down, however the gameplay looks pretty solid for Hitman.

My updated Hitman prediction.

• Hitman: Episode 1 — Intro - 77
Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Profrektius

Also after seeing more of UFC 2 I will drop my prediction to 77. It will do better than the original, but the gameplay doesn't really seem to have improved that much.

My updated UFC 2 prediction.

• EA Sports UFC 2 - 77
Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Profrektius

Last moment predictions for the Division anyone?

Wirrexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wirrexx
Member since 2003 • 1738 Posts

The Division = 82 Metacritic

UFC = 72

Hitman = 77

Avatar image for deactivated-58183aaaa31d8
deactivated-58183aaaa31d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-58183aaaa31d8
Member since 2015 • 2238 Posts

@profrektius: The Division critic score 70. User score 6/10.

UFC Critic score 75. User score 7/10.

Hitman Critic Score 85. User Score 7/10

Profrektius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Profrektius

Get your predictions in for April (of at least 3 games) and you can already predict for May, though of at least 5 games due there being many major releases.