Poll: Best Medieval Fantasy RPG for consoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EXEraserVS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EXEraserVS
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts

Since Witcher 2 is out for consoles, I just wanted to make this poll and ask, "What is your pick as the best RPG for consoles that is based on medieval fantasy?"

My pick has to be Dark Souls.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

At the moment its DA O but hopefully the Witcher 2 takes the cake.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

Dark Souls is way too punishing for me. I am for Skyrim. I hope one day I will be able to patiently tackle Dark Souls. I even bought the guidebook with the game a month or so ago. I kept going back to KoA though. Skyrim for sure

SKyrim for sure.

cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts

TW2 > DAO > DS > Skyrim

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

Any Elder Scrolls game

Nothing can even touch the amount of life, immersion, realism & variety these games bring. Im going to steal a quote from Edge Magazine speaking about Morrowind:

"Theres an entire culture to ingest & digest, covering polotics, religion, geography, guilds, lore, drugs, booze, disease, flora, fauna & even books"

There is simply nothing that even comes close to doing what the ES has done. It continues to be the best & most fully realized world, fantasy with every release. Here's a quick 2 minute example of why ES is so amazing. You guys should take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kkurXgkkfg&context=C438dce4ADvjVQa1PpcFPuCTh2PKE-ONtvHhWxhWdtwGkTc8sbWZM=

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
De/Dk Souls. I haven't played The Witcher 2 yet but I'm sure I'll like the cut of its jib when I do.
Kato168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kato168
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Any Elder Scrolls game

Nothing can even touch the amount of life, immersion, realism & variety these games bring. Im going to steal a quote from Edge Magazine speaking about Morrowind:

"Theres an entire culture to ingest & digest, covering polotics, religion, geography, guilds, lore, drugs, booze, disease, flora, fauna & even books"

There is simply nothing that even comes close to doing what the ES has done. It continues to be the best & most fully realized world, fantasy with every release. Here's a quick 2 minute example of why ES is so amazing. You guys should take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kkurXgkkfg&context=C438dce4ADvjVQa1PpcFPuCTh2PKE-ONtvHhWxhWdtwGkTc8sbWZM=

brucecambell
... This ...
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Demon's Souls. The brilliant subtlety of the story and world was what did it for me.
iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

I'm not sure I'd call the setting of Skyrim, Fable II or Kingdoms of Amalur a Medieval Fantasy setting :/.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#10 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Skyrim is number one. I havent played The Witcher 2 yet, but i fully expect it to be second or third placed. The last game that forms is the BIG 3 is Two Worlds 2 which is a darn good game.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Haven't been too impressed with medieval fantasy RPG's this gen. There's a sameness about them - a lack of genuine creativity. If it hasn't been done in the other, similar games of this gen, then we can't do it in our game. But there are several I've yet to play. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning looks very interesting.

My favorite is still Drakan: The Ancient Gates from the PS2. You got to fly around on a dragon, and have dragon vs. dragon battles in midair, and strafe bad guys on the ground. The variety of environments was fabulous, and I actually cared about the main character and completing her quest.

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#12 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts

Dragon Age Origins was really good.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19601 Posts
The Witcher 2 gets an easy win from me. It did just about everything right (although I still feel that The Witcher 1 is slightly better). Dark Souls was also great, but I slightly disappointed at how easy it became later in the game, and underwhelmed with the game's closing segments. Dragon Age was a pretty poor attempt at an Infinity Engine game, and one of Bioware's worst titles. And Skyrim failed to be outstanding in any respect, but was hilariously broken throughout.