Playing Dark Souls on the 360 while Xbox one collects dust

This topic is locked from further discussion.

steve427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 steve427
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I'm totally hooked on Dark Souls 2 with the inferior graphics. I guess it is more about the game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Ofcourse it is. Graphics Appeal wears off pretty fast..... You know, for normal well adjusted people.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Cool story, will read again

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44287 Posts

I'll get Dark Souls 2 and really enjoy it as well but I've found lots to play on the Xbox One myself. So far I have Forza 5, Call of Duty Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Titanfall, Peggle 2, Strider, and Killer Instinct and have enjoyed them all. I also still want to get Ryse and Tomb Raider. I really wish they'd port DS2 over to current gen systems though.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

What's that old saying? you can dress up and and make a piece of shit as beautiful as possible, but at the end of the day it's still just a piece of shit? That applies to just about every game. The graphics can enhance a good game, but if all a game has going for it is graphics, then it's a bad game, simple as that. (Looks at Ryse).

and yes, Dark Souls I and II are great games as far as value is concerned. You can easily sink hundreds of hours into them trying different builds, perfecting a build and just getting stronger.

Although I have no idea where this whole "Dark Souls is a bad looking game" came from. They aren't the most impressive games technically speaking, but to call them bad looking is just wrong. They look fine.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@turtlethetaffer: What's that old saying? you can dress up and and make a piece of shit as beautiful as possible, but at the end of the day it's still just a piece of shit? That applies to just about every game. The graphics can enhance a good game, but if all a game has going for it is graphics, then it's a bad game, simple as that. (Looks at Ryse).

I think the old saying involves a pig, not a turd ;). And I actually enjoyed Ryse. In fact, it's the only single player experience on next-gen consoles that I've found worth playing through more than once. I genuinely had fun and I don't get all the hate.

Still, both my PS4 and X1 would be collecting dust if not for MLB.TV. New consoles are generally slow to get going, but this gen has been the slowest I can remember.

DS2 looks fine if you adjust your gamma right. That screen that is supposed to help you adjust the slider is poorly calibrated and needs to be ignored for optimal viewing experience. Most games, I can usually adhere to the suggestions, but man, DS2 was night and day after I ignored it and did my own tweaking. It's still not as good as the vids (which is what most people were upset about), but it's more than serviceable for a low-budget title on an 8 year old machine.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Yeah but give it time... once more games come out your going to be playing x1 more often.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm hoping the Xbox One gets some good games in the near future. I'd like to have a reason to buy one by holiday 2015 or so.

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

Yea xbox one has a pretty slow start right now, i bet there will be some sick games announced at E3 tho

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Im doing the same. lol.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@Ish_basic: ooh PS4 and xbox1 it's alright for some hey lol

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Same here, except with a Sony setup, but same deal. It's fine though, I know I'll have my PS4 for when the good games come for it as the year progresses (definitely looking forward to Destiny) and in the meantime I can still enjoy a bunch of games (including Dark Souls 2 and the Bioshock Infinite DLC) on my PS3 (and at the very least there are some good games through PS+).

I really just use my PS4 for a few games of BF4, KZ, or Madden right now, PS3 is home to all my single player games, which is cool since the ones I missed are pretty cheap now.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@steve427:

Yeah my PS4 and Xbone are back in their box and I'm just playing my Dreamcast. Trying to buy some old titles that I didn't get a chance to grab at the beginning. I would say the console to own right now is a PS3 for sure.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

I'm playing 1998's Half life again . after all these years its still so fun and doesn't make me tired .

Ryse with all that pretty graphics makes me bored after 1 hour .