Out of Final Fantasy 1-6 which is your fav? (spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juryau
Member since 2011 • 35 Posts
From the original Final Fantasy series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.. which one is your favorite and why? I personally choose 6 because of many reasons... First off.. it has over 14 playable characters( Umaro and Gogo are secret characters) Why? because it shows how final fantasy is able to give a in depth story to each character that makes them memorable... from the mysterious Shadow.. to his daughter Relm who paints portraits of enemies to king Edgar roni figaro who can wield a chainsaw with a jason mask( this is true) Second... KEFKA... the main villain is a product of a magic-insertion experiment gone bad... Not only is he a sadistic, maniacal clown, but later he ends up become a GOD... of magic... yup.. you challenge a god only to defeat him but also remove magic from the entire world.. wow... what a bitter-sweet ending... and third... The job system and how each character reflects a FF class... ex. Sabin = monk Locke = thief Cyan = samurai and finally the soundtrack combined withe story make up a beautiful Final fantasy game..
Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
Final Fantasy 1 and 2 are the classics that started it all! Few people know its called Final Fantasy cause it was supposed to be the final game made by Square but the game took off! It could have changed the gaming and rpg genre forever! But for me I haven't played 3 yet but 4 is in my top 5 and so is 6! I still need to play 5 as well!! But they are all perfect games :) And none should be missed!
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

Final Fantasy III (Super Nintendo)

It's where my love for the series truly started.

CrankyStorming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 CrankyStorming
Member since 2010 • 223 Posts

The fourth and sixth installment are the only ones out of these ones that are really anything special. While the fourth one is definitely compelling, it's number six's party customisation, ability assigning and witter script that win the day.

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

Probably V is my favorite. Not sure if I can provide reasons...probably because my brother got me the GBA version of V as a Christmas present, and that was technically the first pre-FFVII FF game that I played. And I like Faris and her pirates. Plus, customizable job system is pretty awesome. Was sad that there was a character death. I'm sad that I never beat this game though. I always intended on going back, but continuous grinding got annoying.

Beard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Beard_
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

FFVI gets my vote by a small margin, if only because FFIV has one glaring gameplay glitch which signficantly undermines my enjoyment of the game.

Overall I like the characters in the two games roughly equally, and find the plot to be a bit better in FFVI. I prefer the more structured skill learning system in FFIV though. If it weren't for FFIV's tendency to jumble attack orders after setting attacks for your party, it would be my favourite.

Juryau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juryau
Member since 2011 • 35 Posts

Probably V is my favorite. Not sure if I can provide reasons...probably because my brother got me the GBA version of V as a Christmas present, and that was technically the first pre-FFVII FF game that I played. And I like Faris and her pirates. Plus, customizable job system is pretty awesome. Was sad that there was a character death. I'm sad that I never beat this game though. I always intended on going back, but continuous grinding got annoying.

toxic_jackal
Yup... I think 5 and 6 are the best when it comes to the freedom of party customization... And yeah the first final fantasy was intended to be the last since square was going bankrupt but with the large success the final fantasy series kept Goin.. It's beautiful how 1-6 are original.
TleilaxuMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 TleilaxuMaster
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts

Final Fantasy V is my favorite by a wide margin. The awesome job system alone puts it over the top for me.

The first three (the NES ones) aren't terrible but they've aged poorly which makes them difficult to play. Final Fantasy VI is so boring I sometimes play it at night to help me fall asleep. And Final Fantasy IV is quite possibly one of the most awful games I've ever played.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

VI I guess. But I like later games better.

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
I liked VI, (III) the best of those mentioned. I never really took the time with the reissuses of the *** only games so I am picking between original, IV, and VI. But VI had as epic a story and quest as had been done in a console RPG to that point, at least of what I had played. For those reasons I will always have great memories of it.
digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#11 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Gonna have to go with VI since Tactics wasn't an option. :P

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13566 Posts

Out of the first six, FFVI is my favorite and above the other 2D games.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I'm old school, so probably the original.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#14 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9177 Posts

I would say IV on it's story, memorable charcters and soundtrack

Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Shidira
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts

Gonna have to go with VI since Tactics wasn't an option. :P

Synthia
HAHA YES! Of the original series, VI was my favorite. Overall, definitely Tactics!
jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jakandsig
Member since 2010 • 471 Posts
Final Fantasy 1 and 2 are the classics that started it all! Few people know its called Final Fantasy cause it was supposed to be the final game made by Square but the game took off! It could have changed the gaming and rpg genre forever! But for me I haven't played 3 yet but 4 is in my top 5 and so is 6! I still need to play 5 as well!! But they are all perfect games :) And none should be missed!Xenogears_Rocks
Not all rpgs used theFF formula. Especially since FF wasn't the only one to use it so Rpgs would be mostly fine. Just no overrated FFVii