One thing that I have learned.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fadeetoblackk
Member since 2011 • 459 Posts

NEVER SKIP A GARAGE SALE!

My latest find was legacy of goku 1 and 2 for fifty cents each! love those games

And also Paper Mario for gamecube with the manual in mint condition for a dollar!

This find made my day, everytime i see a garage sale I at least do a quick scan of everything they have and look for video games.

Feel free to share stories of the best legacy item you have found for a steal at a garage sale or flee market.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

the few times I have been to a car boot sale, all I find are piles of PS2 sports games, old smelly sweaters and socks and pottery that looks like its been trampled over by a herd of elephants.

don't know, maybe its just because I don't live in a heavily populated place, so not as much opportunity for things like that.

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fadeetoblackk
I live in a very suburban area so I can make out well once and a while. The thing is there are plenty of people that put out strict junk. I got lucky this time, but just earlier that day i found nothing but barbie for pc and smelly old dolls and clothes haha
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

well I live about 30 miles from the nearest city, which has about 200 thousand people in it, so not much opportunity here.

still , I did go into a 2nd hand shop and found Conker's Bad Fur Day for £2 , that was a really good deal as it usually goes for about 30-40 at least.

fablesway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 fablesway
Member since 2011 • 23504 Posts

Wow you got some good finds there:) You are lucky to find video games at garage sales, where i live the stuff that people are selling at their garage sales are all junk that should just be thrown out, i have much better luck with flea markets

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fadeetoblackk

Wow you got some good finds there:) You are lucky to find video games at garage sales, where i live the stuff that people are selling at their garage sales are all junk that should just be thrown out, i have much better luck with flea markets

fablesway

yes thank you. And there is one flea market near me but I can never go because it is one day a week and I have work almost every saturday haha. Oh and @Darkman that reminds me my first recent garage sale expeirence that made me want to never stop looking was one where I found a n64 and many great games including conquers which I had no idea was somewhat rare until recently.

TheSacredFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 TheSacredFlame
Member since 2011 • 324 Posts

Yeah, you should never skip a yard sale. Yesterday I found 7 Sega Cd games (but none of them work because they're all scratched up) for 50 cents, Sonic Racing for 50 cents, Two gameboy pockets (they're in bad condition) for a dollar,5 SNES games and2 Gameboy games for a dollar fifty, Wave Race Blue Storm for 2 dollars and Baldur's gate The Dark Alliance for a dollar.

Good find on Paper Mario. It's a good game.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#8 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

ya i rarely find deals like thisbut i did one time find starfox for a dollar-snes and madden 93-1 dollar i did already have copies of these but ya

i also managed to snag abox full of old pc titles for 10 bucks it also had a steering wheel games included rainbow six , flight sim 98 sim city , swat , and a host of other pc software such as encarta 95 -i had encarta 98 so , ms word 2001 etc and the steering wheel , though i have no use for that lol ,

cause it connects to a mac pc, not a current pc ,

alphabetguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 alphabetguy
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
I was at a flea market once, and I found a copy of Morrowind for $5, no manual, though.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

well one thing I've learned is that it takes A LOT of yard sales to find anything. With the cost of Gas going up, i'm less likely to drive around on a saturday morning to find any though. Craigslist has listings, but those usually arent the people to be nearly giving away good games for $1 each. My most recent find was Twisted Metal games 1, 2, and 3 for PS1. and I got Xmen Mutant academy all for $5. no cases, but no scratches either.

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fadeetoblackk

well one thing I've learned is that it takes A LOT of yard sales to find anything. With the cost of Gas going up, i'm less likely to drive around on a saturday morning to find any though. Craigslist has listings, but those usually arent the people to be nearly giving away good games for $1 each. My most recent find was Twisted Metal games 1, 2, and 3 for PS1. and I got Xmen Mutant academy all for $5. no cases, but no scratches either.

Talldude80

well I do not go driving around often but if I am on my way somewhere and I see one I try to take five min to take a look! @sflame dude sonic r for 50 cents is pretty sick! @mariokart star fox is decently rare that is a good find Whenever i see these people selling all these gems it is so wierd how it has no value to some people and so much value to me. I would never just sell my n64 and all of its games for a few bucks haha.