OFFICIAL E3 Ubisoft 2014 Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Ubisoft will again hold their press conference this year.

2:30 PM PDT

Will the pre-show start

03:00 PM

Is the official start of the show

Rumored to be shown:

Assassin's Creed Comet and Unity, The Division, The Crew, Dance Central, Far Cry 4. Brothers in Arms, Rainbow 6 Patriots

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I can easily say, Ubisoft has the most interesting lineup thus far rumored.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I can't wait for the ubisoft event.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I wonder how many of those games will be getting a Wii U port....

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Last_Ride

@behardy24 said:

I can easily say, Ubisoft has the most interesting lineup thus far rumored.

Well i think EA is also very on par with the games they have lined up. Though Ubisoft usually tends to screw up less

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

So once again they end with a bang. Siege looks fun. They were tearing up that house.

Sounded like they were implying there is multiple paths in AC Unity but he didn't really explain his comments further. Would be a welcome addition. On a graphics note, game looks beautiful and they've outdone themselves on the animations.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Epic Fail from Ubisoft.

They are going to ruin Assassins Creed by moving away from the clearly proven successful formula of Black Flag and AC 1 and 2 and make a boring 4 player co-op open world FarCry clone.

And Rainbow Six Siege , looks decent but its multiplayer soooooo, not interested.

From a single player gamer, this E3 has been absolutely horrible and if i didn't know better i would declare Single Player gaming dead.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I was unimpressed with the Ubisoft conference. I haven't played any Far Cry games, so maybe I'm just missing out there. No game play video of The Crew, or The Division, or Valiant Hearts.

Rainbow Six's dialog was way too scripted and I certainly don't think it represents a realistic view of how the multiplayer game would play out in real life. It will just be a shoot-fest of blasting holes in walls.

Unfortunately, for me, there was not one game shown that's made me excited or anxious for it's release.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

FarCry 4 was glorious. That villain is great. Can't wait to see gameplay.

Rainbow Six Siege was 100% scripted. They are not fooling anyone.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

AC Unity may be the game I've been waiting since I went through AC1, 2, Revelations, and Brotherhood. It reminded me so much of those first two games. I'm glad they haven't lost the essence of what being an Assassin is all about. Very intrigued about the co-op play!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

AC Unity looks amazing and the Division has convinced me. The Crew is hopefully released this year. But i am not sold on patriots. I never liked those types of games

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jacanuk

@Metamania said:

AC Unity may be the game I've been waiting since I went through AC1, 2, Revelations, and Brotherhood. It reminded me so much of those first two games. I'm glad they haven't lost the essence of what being an Assassin is all about. Very intrigued about the co-op play!

What reminded you of the first 2 in Unity? What i saw was nothing like the first 2.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@Metamania said:

What reminded you of the first 2 in Unity? What i saw was nothing like the first 2.

I think he meant the architecture and the feel that was AC 2

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Metamania

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Metamania said:

Not just that, but in the variety of gameplay and how it focused back on being an Assassin again. I felt like that was not present as much in AC3 and I heard that it's heavily pirate based in ACIV, which is a bad move all around. The game was all about being just that; AN ASSASSIN. Not raiding pirate ships or hunting for food.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ish_basic

@Black_Knight_00 said:

You say that about R6 as if they were somehow being dishonest. The likelihood of people just playing the game and coming out with a scintillating exhibition of what the game is capable of is very low, so scripting your demos is a very good idea. Most deaths in multiplayer are inglorious...a 30 second video ending with an entire team dying because one guy bounced his grenade off his teammate's shoulder would hardly have set the tone Ubi wanted to set. I don't see the issue...the tactics, destructible environments and gadgets are all true to the game. If the average PuG isn't coordinated enough to use them all as depicted in the video, that doesn't diminish the game's quality.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Black_Knight_00

@Ish_basic said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

You say that about R6 as if they were somehow being dishonest. The likelihood of people just playing the game and coming out with a scintillating exhibition of what the game is capable of is very low, so scripting your demos is a very good idea. Most deaths in multiplayer are inglorious...a 30 second video ending with an entire team dying because one guy bounced his grenade off his teammate's shoulder would hardly have set the tone Ubi wanted to set. I don't see the issue...the tactics, destructible environments and gadgets are all true to the game. If the average PuG isn't coordinated enough to use them all as depicted in the video, that doesn't diminish the game's quality.

I don't have problems with the game (it's R6, how could I?), I have a problem with intellectual dishonesty.

Staging a demo to showcase a game's features is fine if they do not put an "actual captured multiplayer footage" message before the video. It's just insulting. Anyone could tell it's just people reading lines over a scripted video.

On a side note, tailored precalculated demos are generally a lie as well, as they do not weigh on the system the same way as the actual game does. Do not expect that same level of destructibility in the final product.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@Metamania said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Metamania said:

Not just that, but in the variety of gameplay and how it focused back on being an Assassin again. I felt like that was not present as much in AC3 and I heard that it's heavily pirate based in ACIV, which is a bad move all around. The game was all about being just that; AN ASSASSIN. Not raiding pirate ships or hunting for food.

I actually think AC IV is the best one

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Metamania

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Metamania said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Metamania said:

That's wonderful! :)

But I'll be starting up the game, finally, this week, so we will see how I feel as I progress for the first time. Like I said, everyone has been telling me it's all about pirates and I feel like that's a bad move, so we will see if it's still an AC game at heart.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@Metamania: it is still an AC games, but he had a life this time before he became an assassin.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jacanuk

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Metamania said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Metamania said:

Black Flag?

that wasn´t a Assassin Creed game by anything else than its name.

But i will agree with Meta that its good that they seem to go back to the core assassin trade but it also looks like they have gone away from a story game and more into farcry open world with multiplayer.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk: AC IV was a different take compared to any other though. I liked that. He didn't become the assassin before the end

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ish_basic

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@Ish_basic said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

I don't have problems with the game (it's R6, how could I?), I have a problem with intellectual dishonesty.

Staging a demo to showcase a game's features is fine if they do not put an "actual captured multiplayer footage" message before the video. It's just insulting. Anyone could tell it's just people reading lines over a scripted video.

On a side note, tailored precalculated demos are generally a lie as well, as they do not weigh on the system the same way as the actual game does. Do not expect that same level of destructibility in the final product.

The guy on the livecast from Ubi says it's procedural, based on materials...so gypsum shreds different from wood, etc. He's talking about it pretty extensively and describes it as "a core of the gameplay," so I think we're going to get that level of destructibility in the final version.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Black_Knight_00

@Ish_basic said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

The guy on the livecast from Ubi says it's procedural, based on materials...so gypsum shreds different from wood, etc. He's talking about it pretty extensively and describes it as "a core of the gameplay," so I think we're going to get that level of destructibility in the final version.

Maybe. In the meantime I'll file it under E3 hype BS until I see a proper real time demo.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

I really want to see AC Comet

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#26 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Ubisoft conference was alright. Nothing blew me away.