No E3 = depressing.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts

Usually around this time for the past 10 years there was E3. Websites would be reporting every small detail with write-ups pre-show, during the show, and after the show.

Now all we have a individual companies shows (Square-Enix party, SEGA Game Day, EA Game Day) but aren't as exciting.

I know there's E for All, which is gonna be a public show but probably won't have big announcements like E3s in the past and then there is the E3 Expo (shouldn't it be E4, since E3 means Electronic Entertainment Expo, so this is gonna be the Electronic Entertainment Expo Expo) which is smaller and only for publishers, developers, and press. This show may have announcements like price cuts but nothing surprising.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I've never been to a trade show, so I am happy as long as the info gets out there.  One thing which bothers me is NDAs.  What is the point of showing something off to the press but hiding it from gamers?  Cultivating a relationship with journalists is fine and good, but since lots of press darlings die a quiet death, a smart publisher shouldn't hide footage from the public because its unlikely that such praise would substitute for screenshots or video which indicated a quality product.  On the flipside, if one's game is garbage, but one has convinced a journalist to say otherwise, hiding the footage is the best option.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
it is depressing. E for all isn't going to be nearly as good... how could it? without the boothbabes :shock:
nweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 nweasel
Member since 2005 • 240 Posts

E3 is still taking place. It's just not happening on the grand scale that it used to. The information is getting out there the same way that it used to though. GameSpot will be covering it.

I think we need to give their new format for E3 a chance. 

Jonas_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jonas_81
Member since 2004 • 6671 Posts
I don't think this will change anything for me. The only people who will truly suffer are the pimplefaced gamestore clerks who had no business being there to begin with.