Ninja Gaiden 2 confirmed for PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ALLoY1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ALLoY1717
Member since 2003 • 6753 Posts

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1971/ps32.jpg

Looks like it could be. Although I don't read Japanese and they could be just comparing NG2 with NG Sigma

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

If they release a PS3 version, hopefully they will fix what is broken. If not, I doubt it will dowell against GoW3.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Yes! Ninja Gaiden 2 had so many bugs. None of my 360 games have given me problems so far except for NG2, which makes my game freeze often with infinite load times that forces me to shut my 360 off. Ugh. It's a shame really since Itagaki is known to program things well. I think the whole lawsuit situation hampered this game a lot.
Avatar image for Love_Hina_Lover
Love_Hina_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Love_Hina_Lover
Member since 2002 • 4381 Posts

Kotaku is reporting on the story

Avatar image for JonnyEarthquake
JonnyEarthquake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 JonnyEarthquake
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

You know, when I see a NG picture, a PS3 sign and a lot of Japanese gibberish, it`s not really a `confirmation` for me.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I wouldn't have thought this was possible with Microsoft publishing NG2. Good for PS3-only owners.
Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts
It's a confirmation of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - a remake of Ninja Gaiden 2. It is confirmed for PS3.
ALLoY1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ALLoY1717

You know, when I see a NG picture, a PS3 sign and a lot of Japanese gibberish, it`s not really a `confirmation` for me.

JonnyEarthquake
Um.......Me too. Did you read my post and see the ? in the title?
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

This adds up nicely with what Tecmo was saying last week. They are going to reveal 'The Greatest _____ Game Ever March 24th' at Sony's Playstation store in San Francisco. It looks like this Japanese mag just beat them to the punch in announcing it...

Xbox 360 Exclusive Ninja Gaiden II Coming To PS3

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

Maybe they can fix all the bugs and glitches that were prevalent in the the 360 version, not to mention tweak the difficulty so the game doesn't rely ONLY on spamming exploding projectiles to make the game hard. The game didn't really feel finished, but it was still pretty damn fun to play, minus a stage or two. At budget price, I might pick this up, hoping that they tweak the game for the better.

Still, I'm kind of surprised. Since this game was published by Microsoft, I wouldn't think that Techmo had the ability to port it to another system. How does that work, anyway?

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

Here are some more details, courtesy of IGN:

March 17, 2009 - Ninja Gaiden is making the trip to the PlayStation 3 again. It's got the "Sigma" in the middle of the name, but Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is a port of Ninja Gaiden 2 that promises a number of new features.

First shown in that usual source for Japanese gaming information, Famitsu, Sigma 2 features as perhaps its biggest new element, playable Ayane. While the purple-haired "kunoichi" female ninja from Dead or Alive has always been a major part of the Ninja Gaiden story, she'll be playable in Sigma 2, and promises a completely different play feel from Ryu Hayabusa. The magazine shows Ayane making use of a dual sword, and teaming up with Ryu for what appears to be a combination attack of some form.

Other "big" updates include the presence of new enemies in some stages. The magazine introduces one such enemy, a giant Buddha. It also appears that the Statue of Liberty from the 360 version will be appearing in enemy form.

New weapons are on the way as well. The magazine introduces the new Hasaiga Enma, a massive weapon that appears to be taller than Ryu himself!It's unclear if this is the only new weapon, or if PS3 owners can look forward to more.

A bit more mysterious at present is some supposed PlayStation Network support.The magazine does not indicate what form this will take.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is being developed by Team Ninja, with production and direction by the original Sigma's Yosuke Hayashi. Japan will get the game some time this fall.

IGN

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Maybe they can fix all the bugs and glitches that were prevalent in the the 360 version, not to mention tweak the difficulty so the game doesn't rely ONLY on spamming exploding projectiles to make the game hard. The game didn't really feel finished, but it was still pretty damn fun to play, minus a stage or two. At budget price, I might pick this up, hoping that they tweak the game for the better.

Still, I'm kind of surprised. Since this game was published by Microsoft, I wouldn't think that Techmo had the ability to port it to another system. How does that work, anyway?

_Dez_

Well, like someone else said in the thread earlier. It's supposedly a "remake" of the 360 version. Dont know if MS owns the IP, but even if they do, Tecmo is publishing the PS3 version under a different name. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

I doubt MS owns the IP though, just because the published it doesn't mean they own it.

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts
Good thing I don't have a X360 yet, otherwise I would've picked this up only to feel cheated upon by this news. If there's going to be new content, then they should make that available as a DLC for X360 owners so they won't be swindled.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44535 Posts

Good thing I don't have a X360 yet, otherwise I would've picked this up only to feel cheated upon by this news. If there's going to be new content, then they should make that available as a DLC for X360 owners so they won't be swindled.BladesOfAthena

I don't feel cheated or swindled at all myself with this news. I'm not sure how far along it is but we're getting close to a year that it's been out already so I've had this game, enjoyed it a lot, and have gotten more then my money's worth out of it plus I fully expect that when a port of a game comes out on another system after a year or so from the original that it's going to most likely have new content to entice consumers. I would imagine that it will go for full retail price when it comes out and NG2 for the 360 is $30 now. It would be nice to perhaps get the new content for the 360 version but I'm sure it will cost us money anyway or even a "NG2 Black" retail version would be nice but either way I'm cool with this news. Honestly I was more worried that they might announce Dead or Alive 5 as a PS3 exclusive.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

If they fixed all the issues I experienced from the X360 version, I'll gladly pick this one up. I still haven't bother playing that game since I decided to not bother with it anymore (Ch. 9 boss)

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]Good thing I don't have a X360 yet, otherwise I would've picked this up only to feel cheated upon by this news. If there's going to be new content, then they should make that available as a DLC for X360 owners so they won't be swindled.Archangel3371

I don't feel cheated or swindled at all myself with this news. I'm not sure how far along it is but we're getting close to a year that it's been out already so I've had this game, enjoyed it a lot, and have gotten more then my money's worth out of it plus I fully expect that when a port of a game comes out on another system after a year or so from the original that it's going to most likely have new content to entice consumers. I would imagine that it will go for full retail price when it comes out and NG2 for the 360 is $30 now. It would be nice to perhaps get the new content for the 360 version but I'm sure it will cost us money anyway or even a "NG2 Black" retail version would be nice but either way I'm cool with this news. Honestly I was more worried that they might announce Dead or Alive 5 as a PS3 exclusive.

Yup, 1 year exclusives dont bother me at all. the devs get to focus on making the game on just one platform, they dont have to waste resources and the product usually comes out better because of it. If MGS4 gets ported to 360 tomorrow (and I fully expect this to be MS's biggest announcement this E3), I would be happy that more people get to experience it.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

If MGS4 gets ported to 360 tomorrow (and I fully expect this to be MS's biggest announcement this E3), I would be happy that more people get to experience it.S0lidSnake

Jesus, if that's going to be Microsoft's biggest E3 announcement then we're looking at a pretty pathetic show.

Anyway, was Ninja Gaiden 2 patched and fixed at all since release? Because if not, then it's totally lame that they're working on new crap like playable Ayane for the PS3 while leaving already existing fans with a crap version that they're refusing to fix.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
This game is, without exageration one of the biggest sequel let downs of all time. Everything you loved about the first game is dead in this sequel, PS3 owners rent before you buy its shocking how much they dropped the ball with this game, especially regarding the difficulty which no longer takes into account player talent or skill.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

This game is, without exageration one of the biggest sequel let downs of all time. Everything you loved about the first game is dead in this sequel, PS3 owners rent before you buy its shocking how much they dropped the ball with this game, especially regarding the difficulty which no longer takes into account player talent or skill.GodModeEnabled

Yes, the developers have a ton of reworking to do if they want to make Sigma 2 a quality game.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]If MGS4 gets ported to 360 tomorrow (and I fully expect this to be MS's biggest announcement this E3), I would be happy that more people get to experience it.UpInFlames

Jesus, if that's going to be Microsoft's biggest E3 announcement then we're looking at a pretty pathetic show.

Anyway, was Ninja Gaiden 2 patched and fixed at all since release? Because if not, then it's totally lame that they're working on new crap like playable Ayane for the PS3 while leaving already existing fans with a crap version that they're refusing to fix.

Well their biggest announcement last year was the FFXIII announcement which is also a port. :P

That said, Crackdown 2 and Mass Effect 2 will most likely be announced at this E3 and if they reveal Bungie's next full game (Not named Halo ODST), they could have the best conference this year.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Archangel3371  Online

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]This game is, without exageration one of the biggest sequel let downs of all time. Everything you loved about the first game is dead in this sequel, PS3 owners rent before you buy its shocking how much they dropped the ball with this game, especially regarding the difficulty which no longer takes into account player talent or skill.CarnageHeart

Yes, the developers have a ton of reworking to do if they want to make Sigma 2 a quality game.

*shrugs* To each their own I guess but while there may have been some warts on the game I still found it to be a fantastic game and had a great time with it myself. I didn't find it THAT bad.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Archangel3371  Online

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]If MGS4 gets ported to 360 tomorrow (and I fully expect this to be MS's biggest announcement this E3), I would be happy that more people get to experience it.S0lidSnake

Well their biggest announcement last year was the FFXIII announcement which is also a port. :P

That said, Crackdown 2 and Mass Effect 2 will most likely be announced at this E3 and if they reveal Bungie's next full game (Not named Halo ODST), they could have the best conference this year.

Well I think it's a very big difference because FFXIII is getting released at the same time. While a 360 version of MGS4 would be good news I don't think it would be a big enough announcement now to warrant as a "big" E3 conference moment.

Ghost_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Ghost_Face
Member since 2002 • 7676 Posts

This game is, without exageration one of the biggest sequel let downs of all time. Everything you loved about the first game is dead in this sequel, PS3 owners rent before you buy its shocking how much they dropped the ball with this game, especially regarding the difficulty which no longer takes into account player talent or skill.GodModeEnabled

I agree. I was totally disgusted with Ninja Gaiden 2. This after purchasing the first game and the Black edition. With all the complaints about the camera in the first game, Gaiden 2 made the first game's camera seem heavenly in comparison. Maybe Tecmo used reverse psychology. Make the camera so pathetic, you'll regret the day you ever complained about a bad angle again.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#24 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]If MGS4 gets ported to 360 tomorrow (and I fully expect this to be MS's biggest announcement this E3), I would be happy that more people get to experience it.S0lidSnake

I rest my case.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

UpInFlames

I rest my case.

lol. The 360 ONLY owners last year creamed their pants when it was announced. :P

[spoiler] Of course, I cried like a little girl. lol. [/spoiler]

ALLoY1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ALLoY1717

JonnyEarthquake

:lol: At this guy, when he sees the GS news the next day.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#27 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
i agree with his stomping on NG 2. They could port it to a toaster and i still could care less. the NG series is dead to me.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

NG2 is so boring.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

For me NG > NG2, so if they can someone recapture the magic of the original Xbox title then I'd start caring...NG2's level and boss design were lacking IMO, and it didn't help that on higher difficulties missile spamming was harder to cope with especially in the 6th or 7th realm where you had to simultaneously dodge mechs. The save system of the second title also bothered me, I didn't like that the game only allowed one save per user per difficulty, and I ended up having to start over after getting Master Ninja on each stage all the way from 1 to 8 :x.