Newer games arnt as good as older ones?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

llTylerll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 llTylerll
Member since 2006 • 422 Posts

I have been noticing lately for the past couple of months that alot of the newer games I get lose intrest to me fast , esspecially sequels such as far cry 2 , gears of war 2 , fable 2 , call of duty waw , left 4 dead is it just me or has gaming lost its touch that it had even 2- 3 years ago, or is maybe the fact I need a genre change, Because I loved Oblivion, Far cry insticts predator, gears of war , call of duty 2 and 4 , lost planet , halo 3. whats your guys thoughts on this?.

Avatar image for kingofcosmos231
kingofcosmos231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 kingofcosmos231
Member since 2008 • 763 Posts

play some really old classics then you will either want to play more classics or will wish you had more new games (in my case I went for the classics)

Liferow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Liferow
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts

I think great titles aren't being produced as frequent as they were back in the day. It's like developers are running out of ideas. Notice how remakes of past games turn into sellers? Use the remake of Street Fighter as an example. Street Fighter 4, 2-D Fighting 3-D Graphics more effects. I wouldn't say mario is a remake since they changed the style of play, but ever since the first Mario, almost all Mario releases sold quite a bit and became very popular. I tend to lose interest of single player games really fast if the story is boring. So yea I'd agree newer games aren't as good gameplay wise. I'm not considering the online games out, I actually enjoy online games more than the new single player games out. But back then they didn't exist :)

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
To be honest X360 games do die quite quick, I suggest getting yourself Fallout 3 its similar to Oblivion but its just fun to play. If not get some classics that you like/
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
It's probably the nostalgia, but yeah, I do seem to neglect my older games (on my 360). Regardless, it's still good to have a collection of video games.