New metal gear solid 4 updates!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

This might contain spoilers but whatever!

Here it goes...From the demo:

The new codec sreen!

-Snake lands on an area knwon by"Middle East Red Zone: North-West area" yep you get that in a black screen like usual. Then you get a codec call fom headquarters infroming you about a mission in the north-western section of the area you are in where you hear rumors about Liquid gathering an army and preparing for a war. When you go to that spot. Snake finds out that the national army* of Iraq obviously since it's located in the north west* are fighting against Liquids army who are so hard to fight with and armed with k-19.

-Snake's new outfit; Octocamo works just as the camoflauge from mgs3 only this time you have to be really careful not to be seen or heard from anyone around or they'll catch you! The A.I. is so much better from what I've read and sneaking will be really challenging. You'll also be able to hide using objects like cars, barrels and anything you see around.

-The controls go like this: R1 for shooting mode for both FPS and TPS. You'll hold down the X button to make snake crawl like before but now he can roll to both sides! Thecircle button is for reloading. R2and L2 are for inventory and traingle button is for most of snake's moves. And square for changing aiming modes.

-The sound system is so much improved than in previous games because you'll be able to hear multiple sounds and voices like screams, explosions, gun shooting anything you see will be heard!

- The first gun you'll use is the MP5 and aiming will be a little difficult to manage at first but you'll get used to it with time. It's smooth and intiuitive.

I'll post more but I have a lecture now :(so see ya!

SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts
Thanks for the update. It'll be great to use an mp5 as the first weapon instead of a weedy little tranq gun.
RED_REDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RED_REDie
Member since 2007 • 265 Posts
wow it sounds sweet now, i've cast away all ma worries since the gameplay demonstration, it isn't gona b another mgs3!.. i hope at least. Sounds sweet and like Konami is trying to get friendly with the most populated country in europe, hk USP and now hk MP5.. hmm cleaver :p.
RED_REDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RED_REDie
looks a lot like it's gona have some sweet little touches in it too like smelly snake, creeky back snake and once again the spew up snake!
is the release date the 30th of March or somewere in Jan, i heared from two seperate sources, someone confirm it 4 me pleaz.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamingqueen

looks a lot like it's gona have some sweet little touches in it too like smelly snake, creeky back snake and once again the spew up snake!
is the release date the 30th of March or somewere in Jan, i heared from two seperate sources, someone confirm it 4 me pleaz.RED_REDie

99% that it'll be released in March because the demo was short* lasted for about ten minutes and they started to kick testers!* and Kojima didn't say it was complete.

RED_REDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RED_REDie
nooooo!!.. so, far.. away
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Well, the codec screen is important given that you end up looking at it for half the duration of the game. Looking better and better, though.
Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts
Sounds Cool, really cool :D
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

Oh shoot, I should have checked this thread before, I had new screens. Game has been delayed though :( Feel sorry for you guys

DELAYED: Metal Gear Solid 4

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamingqueen

Oh shoot, I should have checked this thread before, I had new screens. Game has been delayed though :( Feel sorry for you guys

DELAYED: Metal Gear Solid 4

gaminggeek

I knew it...We ps3 owners are the black sheep of the industry :cry: I hope it's coming on April :(

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

Ask dvader for the screens.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamingqueen
You mean me? Where is he?
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I can't post those scans... Anyway good stuff.dvader654

Would you mind passing them along?  I've got some super hot pictures of Jade Raymond that I'd trade. :P
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamingqueen

Why not dvader :(