Need a good RPG to play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kenshin8923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kenshin8923
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Big fan of JRPGs, have an xbox 360 and ps2, just beat Lost odyssey and enjoyed it, also beaten

Blue Dragon
FF VII
FF X
Xenogears (great)
Breath of Fire IV
others (cant remember atm)

so lookin for the next good rpg to play, i have FF VIII and was thinkin bout that one, or xenosaga ep 1 cuz i loved xenogears, any suggestions?
Saije

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Saije
Member since 2004 • 417 Posts

Xenosagas story can be a bit convoluted. I liked Xenogears much much more. Tales of Vesperia is a must if you are into anime (like me) It has a great anime inspired feel and the combat system is awesome, one of my favs in any RPG. I finished Xenosaga ep.1 Great story and a good combat system but its the kind of game where you just lose interest you know what I mean. I got to about the 20 hour mark of ep.2 stopped playing and havent touched it for a month, still have no desire to pick it back up. The Story is great, its just there is something about it that kinda makes it feel a little stuffy. It does have great presentation though and if you are a super RPG fan like me it IS worth a shot.

So Tales and Xenosaga both good. Tales games are almost all universally good, especially if your into anime if not, you may still enjoy them if you are a big RPG buff. Tales of the Abyss was great imo and its for PS2 still has servicable graphics and you could probably find a copy of it on the cheap.

*Add* almost cant believe I didnt mention it... Persona 3 and 4 are both absolute musts for RPG fans, those games are something else and have original stories in a time when original stories are rarer then diamonds.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts
Persona 3 and 4 are must plays for the PS2, and Tales of Vesperia is another good one. Also check out Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne for the PS2 as well.
kenshin8923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kenshin8923
Yeah, I've heard good/bad things about Xenosaga, what made me want that was is Xenogears is top 3 all time for me no doubt, and I am an anime fan and will give tales of vesperia a look for sure
kenshin8923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kenshin8923
As well i am curious about persona, never played a shin megami tensei game, not sure what they're like
DudesDontDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DudesDontDude
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts

I highly recommend Dragon Quest VIII. Check it out.