My feelings on SMG and me the AntiMario

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkadun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 darkadun
Member since 2002 • 427 Posts

(copied this from my blog post)

Everywhere I go I see people raving about Super Mario Galaxy. Mario this, Mario that. Super Mario Galaxy is the greatest game evar!!!!!1 You know what I'm talking about. Yet, I cannot get excited about this game. The screens look interesting, the reviews and been off the charts in praise, and I'm stuck in blahville with barbara walters.

What is it about this lil italian's newest adventure that has everybody going all b-a-n-a-n-a-s?

Does it remind them of simpler childhood times? Does it bring out the inner child in them still? Or wait...wait for it....can it just be that good? I honestly can't recall reading much if any anti-SMG sentiment lately. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the little fellow, he's done alot of good for the Mushroom Kingdom, I just have my own group of friends that I'd rather spend my time with, such as Link or Samus.

So this brings me to ultimate question, am I the AntiMario? I'm not quite sure to be honest, considering I don't even play violent games, so you would think Super Mario Galaxy would be really twidle my noodle. But so far it hasn't.

Perhaps, Mario just wasn't meant to be loved by all...does this make me a bad person?

As the great Tupac Amaru Shakur once wrote, "Only god can judge me..."

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

It doesn't make you a bad person, you just aren't interested in Mario Galaxy, which is your choice.

However, it'd be best to keep discussion about the game in the main thread that was built for it on this board. ;)