Must haves in the GBA Library? Need the following-

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Legendarycr8ter
Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Legendarycr8ter
Member since 2012 • 354 Posts
My Local Store has tons of GBA games which they brought before GS stopped selling them in most stores, and has been selling them at cheap prices as they got so many. So I want to get a nice collection started before their invetory starts shrinking and they up the Price. I am interested in Platformers outside of Klonoa, Role-playing games, and some action adventure Titles. so far I have gotten these games for less than $20: Sonic Advance 1, 2, and 3 Minish Cap Spyro Season of Ice Final Fantasy VI Advance Pokemon Sapphire, EM, and Ruby Digimon Spirits 1 and 2 Megaman Battle Network 2 3 and 5 Rayman, Rayman 3 Iridion Pac-Man collection Driv3r Ecks Server Advanced Guardian Heroes Gunstar Super Heroes Wario Land 4 Any other games from what I mentioned above I should add on? I like as I said, platformers, no klonoa, Action-Adventures, and Role-playing games. I would also like to know what kind of shows the GBA has as well, those could be big someday. Hurry Hurry, they say they may be getting rid of a lot of inventory by sundayish.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Golden Sun 1 and 2
Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Riviera: The Promised Land (maybe not a must have but it's one of my personal favorites)
Metroid Fusion
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
Shining Force II

I'd also say get the A Link to the Past remake if you've never played it. For the most part all I played on the GBA was RPGs so that's mostly all I'm going to be able to recommend.

Just took a quick look at my collection and I found a couple more you will want to pick up.

Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
Lunar Legends (if you haven't played the original Lunar game especially)
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is also a choice if you're a fan of KH. I'm not a follower of the series myself, but I found the battle system to be pretty interesting. This is another game I wouldn't call a must have, but it's one to look into at least.

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts

In addition to the ones above, the three Castlevania games on the GBA are must haves. And I like Metroid Zero Mission more than Fusion even though Zero Mission is a remake of the original NES game. It's a completely new experience.

SonOfChewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SonOfChewbacca
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts

A Link to the Past

Super Mario Advance 2-4

Metroid Fusion

Metroid Zero Mission

Advance Wars

Advance Wars 2

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#5 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
DemiKids: Dark Version DemiKids: Light Version Pokemon: Fire Red Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Advance Wars 1 and 2 Astro Boy: Omega Factor Castlevania: Circle of the Moon/Harmony of Dissonance/Aria of Sorrow Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure Fire Emblem/ FE: The Sacred Stones Golden Sun/ GS The Lost Age Lady Sia Mario vs. Donkey Kong Metroid: Fusion/ Zero Mission Rebelstar Tactical Command Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
diyth41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 diyth41
Member since 2010 • 131 Posts
All those games for less than $20?! Back when GS still had GBA games, Pokemon Ruby/Saphire was still sold for about $20.
CactusJack13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CactusJack13
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
All games from the ambassador list except f zero and mario kart. Add fire pro wrestling and dodgeball.
norm41x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 norm41x
Member since 2011 • 813 Posts

Astro Boy Omega Factor

Megaman and Bass

Megaman Zero 1-4

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#10 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

If you are into RPGs, both Golden Sun games are must-plays. For action games Metroid Fusion is pretty incredible. Also, Astro Boy: Omega Factor does not get enough love. Check out the Warioware games too. Twisted is one of my favorite GBA titles for pick up and play.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

"DOOM", "DOOM II", "Wolfenstein 3D", "Pinball of the Dead", and believe it or not, "Medal of Honor: Infiltrator" is an AMAZINGLY fun action title...

:D

I applaud your "Ecks vs Sevre", BTW. Fantastic FPS.

Avatar image for Legendarycr8ter
Legendarycr8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Legendarycr8ter
Member since 2012 • 354 Posts

"DOOM", "DOOM II", "Wolfenstein 3D", "Pinball of the Dead", and believe it or not, "Medal of Honor: Infiltrator" is an AMAZINGLY fun action title...

MonkeySpot
Yes, terrible underrated FPS.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

"Pinball of the Dead", and believe it or not, "Medal of Honor: Infiltrator" is an AMAZINGLY fun action title...

MonkeySpot

Megaman and Bassnorm41x
I second these.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 logicalfrank

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

Legendarycr8ter

Yes, terrible underrated FPS.

Got the game in my GBA right now. Fantastic might be a bit much but it is a darn good FPS and not just for the GBA.

And Medal of Honor: Infiltrator is a blast. Doesn't try to be too much like the game on home console and it just works. Supposedly the FPS, Medal of Honor on GBA is not the greatest. Never played it myself though.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#15 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

"Pinball of the Dead"

MonkeySpot
*highfive* :D
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

"Pinball of the Dead"

Spinnerweb

Back at'cha!

About "Ecks v Sevre", I mean that it's fantastic given the platform it's running on. It has a working sniper rifle, the controls are intuitive and tight, it just gets a tremendous amount of console features into a tiny GBA cart, y'know? There are things that the game accomplishes which no other GBA FPS has done... I don't mean that it's tops when put up against console or PC games of the genre, most-certainly...

:)

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 logicalfrank

[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"][QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

"Pinball of the Dead"

MonkeySpot

Back at'cha!

About "Ecks v Sevre", I mean that it's fantastic given the platform it's running on. It has a working sniper rifle, the controls are intuitive and tight, it just gets a tremendous amount of console features into a tiny GBA cart, y'know? There are things that the game accomplishes which no other GBA FPS has done... I don't mean that it's tops when put up against console or PC games of the genre, most-certainly...

Well, I have not played a better GBA FPS that's for sure. Really, the only FPSs that scratch the itch for me are mouse/keyboard PC games and Goldeneye. I cannot for the life of me get used to playing shooters w/ two analog sticks on home consoles so I actally probably prefer Ecks vs. Sever to them. (I am gonna try Halo again sometime pretty soon though even though it usually results in me walking in circles in game while drinking beer way too fast in real life.)

Also some more great GBA games:

Super Monkay Ball Jr. - Really great 3D graphics and gameplay on this one.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong - This game is kicking my ass right now at the higher levels but it's quite satisfying when you finally figure out the tricks and puzzles. A definite must if you like tough platformers.

Konami Collector's Series Arcade Advance - A small handful of fun arcade games. I don't know how they compare to the original but they're pretty awesome on GBA.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonkeySpot

Mario vs. Donkey Kong - This game is kicking my ass right now at the higher levels but it's quite satisfying when you finally figure out the tricks and puzzles. A definite must if you like tough platformers.

Konami Collector's Series Arcade Advance - A small handful of fun arcade games. I don't know how they compare to the original but they're pretty awesome on GBA.

logicalfrank

A big "HELL-YEAH!!!" on both of those titles, too! "MonkeyBall" is one of my favorite franchises and they did do a good job bringing it to GBA... That "Konami" is the one with "Time Pilot" on it, correct?

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 logicalfrank

[QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

MonkeySpot

A big "HELL-YEAH!!!" on both of those titles, too! "MonkeyBall" is one of my favorite franchises and they did do a good job bringing it to GBA... That "Konami" is the one with "Time Pilot" on it, correct?

I have actually never played another Monkey Ball game but I like the GBA one a lot so I've been meaning to check more out.

Time Pilot is on the Konami Comp but I'm more of a Rush'n Attack man myself. I forgot how much fun the old arcade games so I've been picking up a few more GBA comps but haven't gotten a chance to play any of them yet. I think I actually have enough GBA games to last me until essentially the end of time if I stopped buying them now but have no intention to.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

0.jpg.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

logicalfrank

I have actually never played another Monkey Ball game but I like the GBA one a lot so I've been meaning to check more out.

Time Pilot is on the Konami Comp but I'm more of a Rush'n Attack man myself. I forgot how much fun the old arcade games so I've been picking up a few more GBA comps but haven't gotten a chance to play any of them yet. I think I actually have enough GBA games to last me until essentially the end of time if I stopped buying them now but have no intention to.

"MonkeyBall" RULES. Get the first two games in the series, either on GC or the 2-in-1 they issued for PS2. AVOID "Monkeyball Adventures" titles, they are bastardizations, and a waste of money, but the first two games are brilliant. The party games on them are also fantastic fun. "Monkey Target" is one of the most deep, fun-to-play-hard-to-master games ever made. Can't say enough positive things about them!

As far as "Time Pilot", I spent a TON of money on the arcade game back in the 80s - Pro'ly enough to put myself through college twice-over...

:oops:

... That GBA port is wonderful (although it doesn't keep high scores... Grrrrr...)

I gave my copy to my nephew a few years ago, I wonder if I could steal it back now.

:P