MS Xbox 720 Launch Window Exclusives. What can we expect?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

With the next gen consoles set to launch later this year, I started thinking about what MS has been upto.We know Sony will likely have an Uncharted, Killzone or Infamous game during the launch window. They also have a bunch of studios are doing next gen development. We also know Nintendo is coming out with a 3D Mario, Smash Bros, Zelda, Bayonetta, Xenogears and Metroid in the next year or so. But what about Microsoft?

MS has quietly shut down most of its first party studios this gen. The only major first party studios left are the Fable Team, the Forza team, 343 Industries and Rare. Aside from Rare, we had a game from these teams just a couple of months ago, can we expect them to deliver a game in the launch window? No way they have another Gears at launch right?

There are rumors however that MS is buying up timed exclusives just like they did at the start of last gen. IIRC, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, Episodes from Liberty City were all Xbox exclusives that along with Halo, Gears and Fable made it the console with the best exclusives early on this gen.

This gen they have Crytek working on an RPG called Ryse. Bungie's Destiny is looking to be a 720 console exclusive. The Alan Wake sequel will likely be a 720 exclusive. Anyone know what Rare is working on? They made PD0, Viva Piniata and Banjo Nuts & Bolts at the start of last gen, can we expect another non-Kinect game from the early next gen?

What do you guys think we will see and what games do you want to see the 720 launch with?

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

With the next gen consoles set to launch later this year, I started thinking about what MS has been upto.We know Sony will likely have an Uncharted, Killzone or Infamous game during the launch window. They also have a bunch of studios are doing next gen development. We also know Nintendo is coming out with a 3D Mario, Smash Bros, Zelda, Bayonetta, Xenogears and Metroid in the next year or so. But what about Microsoft?

MS has quietly shut down most of its first party studios this gen. The only major first party studios left are the Fable Team, the Forza team, 343 Industries and Rare. Aside from Rare, we had a game from these teams just a couple of months ago, can we expect them to deliver a game in the launch window? No way they have another Gears at launch right?

There are rumors however that MS is buying up timed exclusives just like they did at the start of last gen. IIRC, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, Episodes from Liberty City were all Xbox exclusives that along with Halo, Gears and Fable made it the console with the best exclusives early on this gen.

This gen they have Crytek working on an RPG called Ryse. Bungie's Destiny is looking to be a 720 console exclusive. The Alan Wake sequel will likely be a 720 exclusive. Anyone know what Rare is working on? They made PD0, Viva Piniata and Banjo Nuts & Bolts at the start of last gen, can we expect another non-Kinect game from the early next gen?

What do you guys think we will see and what games do you want to see the 720 launch with?

S0lidSnake

The sweet sound of progress.

I don't even care about exclusives anymore to be honest. I'm sure te 720 will be just as dire next gen.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#3 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

[spoiler] Forza/Gears/Halo [/spoiler]

I kid of course.

-

If they announced that Kotor III was a 720 exclusive, I would consider getting the console. At present, I have no plans to invest in their next enterprise. They just haven't given me the games I had hoped they would.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ilovegames1992

[spoiler] Forza/Gears/Halo [/spoiler]

I kid of course.

-

If they announced that Kotor III was a 720 exclusive, I would consider getting the console. At present, I have no plans to invest in their next enterprise. They just haven't given me the games I had hoped they would.

Namgis

I would probably ejaculate in my pants.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44307 Posts
I'd be thrilled to have Halo, Gears, and Forza at launch but I doubt we'll get those three right away. I do remember hearing something about at least one new title in the works from some newly created MS studio though. Honestly though exclusives aren't the be all end all for me, just give me lots of great third party games and I'll be perfectly happy. That's exactly what they provide this gen and I loved the 360 for it.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

MS is not about exclusives but getting more for game release on their system.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Microsoft buys a bunch of timed exlusives so they can get people to buy their own system over the PS4. Bungie's Destiny is rumored to be a timed Xbox exclusive, which would not surprise me at all seeing as how cozy Activision and Microsoft are with their COD relationship. And I'm sure they probably will have a few other timed exclusives as well.

Something to note is Microsoft Vancouver - now named Black Tusk Studios - which is apparently working on some new "core" IP, from the sounds of this article it looks like it might be another shooter, for better or worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
They would allow Rare to develop Killer Instinct 3 as a launch title. only string attached... [spoiler] Better with Kinect :p [/spoiler]
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

They would allow Rare to develop Killer Instinct 3 as a launch title. only string attached... [spoiler] Better with Kinect :p [/spoiler] darkspineslayer

That is if Rare would even try instead of just leaching off MS.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 S0lidSnake

Whats up with everyone spoiler tagging their posts? What is this a new fad or something?

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#11 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Whats up with everyone spoiler tagging their posts? What is this a new fad or something?

S0lidSnake

Can't speak as to any fad, but I've been doing it for a long while now. I used to because this is PGD not SW and I was making an attempt at a quip. Since it was targeted at the old M$ has no games argument, I thought I'd throw the tags in so as avoid a mod.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vari3ty

S0lidSnake

Must be some spillover from System Wars.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

S0lidSnake

Or a bunch of idiocy from GAF. I see that half-witted shlt all the time over on that cesspool.

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shame-usBlackley

As for games, well, that's the million dollar question:

I'd say you'll see a Halo MAYBE, and possibly a Forza, or Gears game along with a GLUT of Kinect shovel-trash.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 S0lidSnake

I'd say you'll see a Halo MAYBE, and possibly a Forza, or Gears game along with a GLUT of Kinect shovel-trash.

Shame-usBlackley

Dont sell MS short. Like I said earlier, new RPG from Crytek, Destiny from Bungie and this new Vancouver studio working on a new IP. There could be more. MS knows it's the exclusives that first attracted the core gamer, they are gonna come out guns blazing.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 S0lidSnake

Something to note is Microsoft Vancouver - now named Black Tusk Studios - which is apparently working on some new "core" IP, from the sounds of this article it looks like it might be another shooter, for better or worse.

Vari3ty

Nice. I wonder if there are more MS studios we dont know about.

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shame-usBlackley

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

S0lidSnake

Dont sell MS short. Like I said earlier, new RPG from Crytek, Destiny from Bungie and this new Vancouver studio working on a new IP. There could be more. MS knows it's the exclusives that first attracted the core gamer, they are gonna come out guns blazing.

I don't see Bungie going exclusive with Microsoft seeing as they broke off with them for a reason. Perhaps a short period of timed exclusivity, but they'd be foolish to limit themselves now that there is no reason to.

Does a Crytek RPG really sound appealing to you? It doesn't to me...

MS KNEW it was exclusives back when it still had its head out of its ass. This new MS would sooner pimp a bunch of non-gaming feces as opposed to games. They are no longer after the gamer, they want the living room.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I don't even think exclusives matter as much anymore as they used to going for. I am more concerned with will the systems be fully backwards compatible? Will they still charge for online? Can we expect similar infrastructure and the carry over of our achievements and arcade game purchases? Most importantly can we expect more heating issues? Some exclusives are nice but I think you are crazy if you base your purchase decision around them exclusively.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ilovegames1992

I don't even think exclusives matter as much anymore as they used to going for. I am more concerned with will the systems be fully backwards compatible? Will they still charge for online? Can we expect similar infrastructure and the carry over of our achievements and arcade game purchases? Most importantly can we expect more heating issues? Some exclusives are nice but I think you are crazy if you base your purchase decision around them exclusively.GodModeEnabled

Fuk that, what happene to backwards compatibility this gen? Was worse than last gen.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 S0lidSnake

I don't even think exclusives matter as much anymore as they used to going for. I am more concerned with will the systems be fully backwards compatible? Will they still charge for online? Can we expect similar infrastructure and the carry over of our achievements and arcade game purchases? Most importantly can we expect more heating issues? Some exclusives are nice but I think you are crazy if you base your purchase decision around them exclusively.GodModeEnabled

I never get the demand for backwards compatibility. You do know it comes at a cost, right? What would you rather have.... the ability to play games you already can on your 360 or better graphics and performance in your games?

I am buying both consoles. Exclusives are good for the industry since console makers want to show off their console and throw large sums of money to get it made. You think EA would've greenlit a $20 million adventure game like Heavy Rain, let alone a sequel to that game? Hell, we wouldn't have seen the awesome Episodes From Liberty City if MS hadn't loaned Rockstar nearly $50 million to make them. Same goes for Bayonetta 2 that Nintendo's paying for.

In an era where all publishers stick with safe sequels, exclusives give first party publishers an oppurtunity to take some risks to stand out from the competition.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vari3ty

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]I don't even think exclusives matter as much anymore as they used to going for. I am more concerned with will the systems be fully backwards compatible? Will they still charge for online? Can we expect similar infrastructure and the carry over of our achievements and arcade game purchases? Most importantly can we expect more heating issues? Some exclusives are nice but I think you are crazy if you base your purchase decision around them exclusively.S0lidSnake

I never get the demand for backwards compatibility. You do know it comes at a cost, right? What would you rather have.... the ability to play games you already can on your 360 or better graphics and performance in your games?

I am buying both consoles. Exclusives are good for the industry since console makers want to show off their console and throw large sums of money to get it made. You think EA would've greenlit a $20 million adventure game like Heavy Rain, let alone a sequel to that game? Hell, we wouldn't have seen the awesome Episodes From Liberty City if MS hadn't loaned Rockstar nearly $50 million to make them. Same goes for Bayonetta 2 that Nintendo's paying for.

In an era where all publishers stick with safe sequels, exclusives give first party publishers an oppurtunity to take some risks to stand out from the competition.

I don't really care about backwards compatability, however, the issue of what happens to digital games (like XBLA arcade), is of great concern for me. I think at this point digital has become so widespread and since it will inevitably continue to become the dominant form of games distribution, that if consumers don't end up seeing their digital libraries transfer over from generation to generation they'll question the value of having a console.

At least with a digital distrubtion platform like Steam I know I'll have access to my purchases for as long as Steam is a service. There are no such guarantee right now for games purchased on Xbox Live or PSN, and that needs to change starting this gen. I'm not saying we need to have every game that comes on a physical disc have backwards compatability with the new consoles(I don't expect it in fact), but digital purchases need to carry over.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]I don't even think exclusives matter as much anymore as they used to going for. I am more concerned with will the systems be fully backwards compatible? Will they still charge for online? Can we expect similar infrastructure and the carry over of our achievements and arcade game purchases? Most importantly can we expect more heating issues? Some exclusives are nice but I think you are crazy if you base your purchase decision around them exclusively.S0lidSnake

What cost? All this cost razamazaz you are talking about i'm pretty sure you are pulling straight from yer butt.. At no point in time do I remember Microsoft going "Good news guys we will have some backwards compatibility on the new system but it will only be half as powerful as it could have been because of it. Sorry :( " I want backwards compatibility because the 360 library is huge man. Seven years of games, tons of classics. It shouldn't be that much of a bother to throw it in. Back to the exclusives I don't believe they matter as much as you think. I play in the neighborhood of 40 games a years, usually only one or two of them is an exclusive. They usually have what two or three good ones a year? That is barely a drop in the bucket. Third party is what matters. If you don't believe me lets take a look at Nintendo. The half dozen or so first party games they have do not a system make. Lack of third party support is crippling, lack of first party game is just an annoyance. I think i'm different than a lot of gamers. I play a game and I don't think "oh man this was great because it was just on the xbox" "this game is so much better because it was Sony only" Heavy Rain was awesome because it was Heavy Rain, not because of where it was published. Some people seem to get this need, this burning need to have their purchases justified through these games. A good game is a good game and that is all that really matters. However kudos to Sony to developing such a large and great roster of studios all the same. You make a good point that first party might be allowing some games to be made that might not otherwise see the light of day, so I agree there. Lastly this is just personal opinion but you are seriously wasting your money by buying both an Xbox and a Playstation.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]I don't even think exclusives matter as much anymore as they used to going for. I am more concerned with will the systems be fully backwards compatible? Will they still charge for online? Can we expect similar infrastructure and the carry over of our achievements and arcade game purchases? Most importantly can we expect more heating issues? Some exclusives are nice but I think you are crazy if you base your purchase decision around them exclusively.GodModeEnabled

What cost? All this cost razamazaz you are talking about i'm pretty sure you are pulling straight from yer butt.. At no point in time do I remember Microsoft going "Good news guys we will have some backwards compatibility on the new system but it will only be half as powerful as it could have been because of it. Sorry :( " I want backwards compatibility because the 360 library is huge man. Seven years of games, tons of classics. It shouldn't be that much of a bother to throw it in. Back to the exclusives I don't believe they matter as much as you think. I play in the neighborhood of 40 games a years, usually only one or two of them is an exclusive. They usually have what two or three good ones a year? That is barely a drop in the bucket. Third party is what matters. If you don't believe me lets take a look at Nintendo. The half dozen or so first party games they have do not a system make. Lack of third party support is crippling, lack of first party game is just an annoyance. I think i'm different than a lot of gamers. I play a game and I don't think "oh man this was great because it was just on the xbox" "this game is so much better because it was Sony only" Heavy Rain was awesome because it was Heavy Rain, not because of where it was published. Some people seem to get this need, this burning need to have their purchases justified through these games. A good game is a good game and that is all that really matters. However kudos to Sony to developing such a large and great roster of studios all the same. You make a good point that first party might be allowing some games to be made that might not otherwise see the light of day, so I agree there. Lastly this is just personal opinion but you are seriously wasting your money by buying both an Xbox and a Playstation.

lol I'm not pulling anything out of my ass. Putting a cell in every PS4 will cost money just like putting the Emotion Engine (PS2) cost around $60 per unit. Now you could argue that console makers wouldn't neccessarily put that extra cash towards beefing up their console and well, yes that's a possibility. In MS's case, they might need any extra hardware for BC since the 360 was basically a closed PC and the next one is going to be a more powerful closed PC, but trust me it's gonna cost Sony at least $20-$30 extra to put the Cell in there. And without the cell, I dont see BC.

As for the exclusives, I do see your point and I completely agree. Most of my favorite games are third party. Most of my favorite developers are third party. Still, part of me wants developers to focus on one platform, and make the best game they can without worrying about porting it everywhere and putting resources towards that.

You'll see. The next PS is supposed to be a GPU that is rumored to be at least 50% more powerful than the graphics chip in 720. I bet everyone will start their development on the 720 then serve us a PS4 version with a better framerate and shinier graphics instead of actually starting from scratch and taking full advantage of all this extra power.

Lastly, I just need to have the latest gadgets. Especially video game gadgets. I have a Vita, Move, Wii U sitting at home collecting dust but I wont lie to you, I had a blast playing with these new tech. This is my only indulgence. I dont spend money on cars, clothes, booze or anything other than video games so let me have my two consoles! :P

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 S0lidSnake

I don't really care about backwards compatability, however, the issue of what happens to digital games (like XBLA arcade), is of great concern for me. I think at this point digital has become so widespread and since it will inevitably continue to become the dominant form of games distribution, that if consumers don't end up seeing their digital libraries transfer over from generation to generation they'll question the value of having a console.

At least with a digital distrubtion platform like Steam I know I'll have access to my purchases for as long as Steam is a service. There are no such guarantee right now for games purchased on Xbox Live or PSN, and that needs to change starting this gen. I'm not saying we need to have every game that comes on a physical disc have backwards compatability with the new consoles(I don't expect it in fact), but digital purchases need to carry over.

Vari3ty

Yeah. GME said the samething, and well i do see it now. I see some serious backlash when people realize their PSN purchases dont cross over to the PS4. :lol:

Steam is definitely really cool about that. I truly hope they enter the console arena. I like how consumer friendly they are and more competition is always a good thing.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

S0lidSnake

Yeah. GME said the samething, and well i do see it now. I see some serious backlash when people realize their PSN purchases dont cross over to the PS4. :lol:

Steam is definitely really cool about that. I truly hope they enter the console arena. I like how consumer friendly they are and more competition is always a good thing.

I actually think this is precisely why we're seeing the next-gen consoles somewhat coalesce around PC-ish hardware rather than developing their own unique hardware. Sure, it's cheaper (and that's probably the bulk of it), but it will make it much easier to provide backwards compatibility like you get on the PC.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#26 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Does a Crytek RPG really sound appealing to you? It doesn't to me...Shame-usBlackley

Nothing Crytek-related sounds appealing to me anymore.

Hell, we wouldn't have seen the awesome Episodes From Liberty City if MS hadn't loaned Rockstar nearly $50 million to make them.S0lidSnake

That's pure conjecture. Rockstar would've probably still made it, it just wouldn't be a Microsoft digital-only exclusive. It was an experiment that Microsoft most likely initialized, so naturally they needed to cover some of the risk.

And without the cell, I dont see BC.S0lidSnake

There is such a thing as software emulation. If hardware was so mandatory, PC gaming wouldn't even exist.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

Nothing Crytek-related sounds appealing to me anymore.

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]Hell, we wouldn't have seen the awesome Episodes From Liberty City if MS hadn't loaned Rockstar nearly $50 million to make them.UpInFlames

That's pure conjecture. Rockstar would've probably still made it, it just wouldn't be a Microsoft digital-only exclusive. It was an experiment that Microsoft most likely initialized, so naturally they needed to cover some of the risk.

And without the cell, I dont see BC.S0lidSnake

There is such a thing as software emulation. If hardware was so mandatory, PC gaming wouldn't even exist.

Maybe it gets made without MS's help, maybe not. I just dont see many publishers greenlighting $50 million expansion packs.

True, but how many software emulated PS2 games do you see on the PS3? PS3 with its Cell is just an alien architecture and while it's feasible to get some games running through software emulation, the amount of R&D required to get the software emulation going is likely not in Sony's plans.

I think Sony tried software emulation with at least one of its SKUs. I believe it was the $500 80GB SKU. But the subsequent revisions had no BC. Software Emulation is possible, but it also costs money.

And to reply to Shameus. Most of the RPGs nowadays phone-in the gameplay. So I dont mind action adventure or FPS game developers taking a stab at making RPGs. At the very least, you will get a long adventure with great gameplay, and with Crytek you are likely to get the best looking RPG ever made.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Prolly Forza and that new IP Black Tusk is working on.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UpInFlames

Maybe it gets made without MS's help, maybe not. I just dont see many publishers greenlighting $50 million expansion packs.S0lidSnake

It's Grand Theft Auto. It's two games that they can sell seperately (digital and retail), later on bundled together and bundled with Grand Theft Auto IV. The games weren't risky. The risk was putting them on Xbox Live only which Microsoft wanted, that's why they had to pay up.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
I'm actually expecting the heavy hitters at launch. If Sony is releasing 6 months or so later, it makes sense for ms to do this. Halo 5 and Forza, I'm expecting, and perhaps Killer Instinct 3 as an exclusive fighter--which turns out to be a ms exclusive with the same care halo4 was given. That would sell me in a second. The odd thing about Microsoft is they had access to Perfect Dark this gen, but just sort of let the franchise die. It isnt worth reviving now, but it baffles me why they don't put money into games people would buy on name alone. ....I'd really like a new Killer Instinct.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ilovegames1992

I'd really like a new Killer Instinct.Heirren

Killer Instinct, KOTOR 3, Halo 5 and a few new IPs.

Would be a hell of a launch.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

Fuk that, what happene to backwards compatibility this gen? Was worse than last gen.

Ilovegames1992
There's no money in BC. But there is money in offering those games through a digital download service. Expect to pay for the games you already own this gen next gen. That's the trend. It's why MS stopped their support years ago and why Sony did also. Why are they going to allow you to play your old games on their new systems when they can charge you all over again for the same ability? It's all about money. Sony-MS-Nintendo: They don't give a sh*t about you. They just want to part you from your money in any way possible.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vari3ty

I'm actually expecting the heavy hitters at launch. If Sony is releasing 6 months or so later, it makes sense for ms to do this. Halo 5 and Forza, I'm expecting, and perhaps Killer Instinct 3 as an exclusive fighter--which turns out to be a ms exclusive with the same care halo4 was given. That would sell me in a second. The odd thing about Microsoft is they had access to Perfect Dark this gen, but just sort of let the franchise die. It isnt worth reviving now, but it baffles me why they don't put money into games people would buy on name alone. ....I'd really like a new Killer Instinct.Heirren

Seems too early for Halo 5... I mean, 4 only came at the beginning of November last year. Just seems way too soon to release another one a year later.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Speaking of launch games. If history is our guide then don't expect much in the way of must-own games at launch. Maybe one title will be good, but a new system's library doesn't start beefing up until about a year into its lifecycle.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]I'm actually expecting the heavy hitters at launch. If Sony is releasing 6 months or so later, it makes sense for ms to do this. Halo 5 and Forza, I'm expecting, and perhaps Killer Instinct 3 as an exclusive fighter--which turns out to be a ms exclusive with the same care halo4 was given. That would sell me in a second. The odd thing about Microsoft is they had access to Perfect Dark this gen, but just sort of let the franchise die. It isnt worth reviving now, but it baffles me why they don't put money into games people would buy on name alone. ....I'd really like a new Killer Instinct.Vari3ty

Seems too early for Halo 5... I mean, 4 only came at the beginning of November last year. Just seems way too soon to release another one a year later.

I think development was likely going on at the same time. Halo 4, while great, was a compact experience--almost felt like a prologue to the new series. I just think that with lower than expected wiiu numbers, the importance of system sellers is very apparent. Must have titles at launch get people to buy the console at launch. This in turn gives positive press to the brand while also excites gamers for the future.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Microsoft's plan is obvious.

Windows, Xbox and Windows Phone as one contiguous platform, with games being exclusive to "Live" rather than any 1 piece of hardware.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

I'm skeptical about Microsoft's ability to bring interesting new IP's to the table next-gen, and as good as the Halo and Gears games can be, I find it hard to muster much enthusiasm for them anymore. Sony, on the other hand, have plenty of Next-Gen properties I look forward to seeing evolve.

Also, Rare doesn't really make games anymore. They just do all the Avatar bullsh!t for Microsoft -- designs of the gear, the interface, the props, etc.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

MS is seeking a trademark for game software named Marlow Briggs. No word on what the game is actually about, but it sounds like the name of a detective to me.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-seeking-marlow-briggs-trademark-6403072

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#40 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

kameo 2

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UpInFlames

I'd be excited about Viva Pinata 2. But honestly, I'm not holding my breath regarding the launch lineup. Historically, they've all been awful. We'll probably get POS games that will be massively overrated just because they're launch titles. *looks back at Xbox 360 launch*

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 S0lidSnake

MSs exclusives have always bored me. Halo, Gears, Forza does nothing for me. Why would Bungie's game be xbox exclusive? They are working with Activision only to be an exclusive, no chance. They need to have some nice surprises to get my interest, like action adventure games, stuff that isnt just shooting people.dvader654

Rumors say timed exclusive.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

What happened to Itagakis Devils Third game?

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 S0lidSnake

What happened to Itagakis Devils Third game?

D3s7rUc71oN

Development Hell.