Metroid Prime 3 problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TGM_basic
Member since 2003 • 6299 Posts

I've heard some people having problems with the game lagging and whatnot, and I've experienced the "scan lag" myself just recently. I've also experienced my nunchuck controller completely giving out on me on a number of occasions. There's times when it won't let me move forward, and then there's times when I can't stop myself from moving forward, and have to unplug the controller from the remote to stop it. Is this a problem that the game's causing me, or is there something wrong with my nunchuck? (I don't have any other games that uses the nunchuck, so it's not like I can test it out on something different). And as far as the game problems such as scan lag and the like goes, is there any solution to those problems just yet?

Thanks.

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TGM_basic

http://gonintendo.com/?p=23976 A little something about the problems this game has been causing some people.

As for scan lag, basically, I go to scan the item (in this case it was a new monster), and instead of loading up the information, it just stays there for forever and a day while I'm open to attack. I have to get out of scan mode and go back in order to get the new scan. It's not a big deal, just something annoying. The big deal is with my nunchuck problem I explained in the post above.

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TGM_basic
As I mentioned before, I don't have any other games that uses the nunchuck really, so I can't test if it's the game or the nunchuck.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="TGM_basic"]

I've heard some people having problems with the game lagging and whatnot, and I've experienced the "scan lag" myself just recently. I've also experienced my nunchuck controller completely giving out on me on a number of occasions. There's times when it won't let me move forward, and then there's times when I can't stop myself from moving forward, and have to unplug the controller from the remote to stop it. Is this a problem that the game's causing me, or is there something wrong with my nunchuck? (I don't have any other games that uses the nunchuck, so it's not like I can test it out on something different). And as far as the game problems such as scan lag and the like goes, is there any solution to those problems just yet?

Thanks.

dvader654

I have read a lot of peoples impressions of this game and not once did I hear anything about that. Its your controller. What is scan lag? I have not seen any lag at all, loading yes but no lag.

I agree, I have no clue what the topic creator is talking about

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TGM_basic
You didn't check the link that was provided a little later on, did you?
JGonspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JGonspy
Member since 2003 • 581 Posts
As for scan lag, basically, I go to scan the item (in this case it was a new monster), and instead of loading up the information, it just stays there for forever and a day while I'm open to attack. I have to get out of scan mode and go back in order to get the new scan. It's not a big deal, just something annoying. The big deal is with my nunchuck problem I explained in the post above.

TGM_basic

I got hit with the exact same problem today. It was rather costly for me as I got swarmed by Space Pirates while trying to scan something I needed to progress through the area. Lost too much energy and couldn't recover. Hopefully this bug is rare enough for me to not run into it again, or at least it'll hopefully hit me when I need to keep moving as quickly as possible.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
i havent had the scan problem but the loading is upwards of 5 seconds for a door to open sometimes
Avatar image for travelinstygian
travelinstygian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 travelinstygian
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I haven't had a lag that bad scanning items but I sometimes hear the background music skipping. However, the problem isn't that frequent to be really annoying.
Darkwing_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Darkwing_Duck
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

I've had the scan lag. Got more prevalent late game. A bug, for sure.

I also had a glitch during a boss fight. Enemy froze during battle (ironic, given the boss) and I took off half his health before he moved again.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I havent had that but my disc starting making weird noises and the music started skipping once or twice. And sometimes ill shoot a door and have to wait like 10 seconds before it opens. Ill shoot it, scratch myself, run back to the end of the hallway, jump around in circles a few times and then start unloading missles on the door and it opens. o_0