This topic is locked from further discussion.

sacoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 sacoura
Member since 2003 • 267 Posts

I have an addiction to level editors, so I just wanna know your opinions on level editors or your favorite and best level editors. I am talking about in game as well as stand alone basic apps.

Let me start my favorite level editor is still the far cry one (I don't have crysis so can't say) It was basic shile stil giving alot of freedom and power.

I also like rpg maker series but they stoped and haven't really steped in 3d yet so waitig for something.

Phool86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Phool86
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts
I liked the Farcry editor, but also liked a more in-depth editor like the one for Neverwinter Nights. There are many an hour I have spent fiddeling away. happy times.
enormousaxie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 enormousaxie
Member since 2006 • 9366 Posts
Hammer in the Source Software Development Kit...
VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts

I'm currently not much of a PC gamer so I naturally don't have extended experience with level editors. In fact, the only one I can remember well using is the Tomb Raider Level Editor which it quite a learning curve but was cool once you learned how to do it because you could really make some fun, professional-looking levels with it as long as you were willing to put the time into it.

I have used Halo 3's Forge will quite cool and very easy to use.

Now that I think about it, I should try to use them more as i'd like to learn to create mods and level editors in the future.

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#5 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
The last level editor I used was the BUILD editor for Duke Nukem 3D. The manual was useless but the guides online were fantastic, I even finished a few levels.