Kotor Error message

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mufflescreator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mufflescreator
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

well it appears that my Kotor game wont get past first black screen and gets a "Error Report".

I belive that it may have something to do with this:

~Required Non-Windows Generic OpenGL 1.4.0 Drivers

That buggs me soo much. I've tried all driver updates from my Graphics card company but i already got the latest updates for:

~ProSavage DDR (420, 430)

And on top of that the company S3 who makes it says no further updates will be givin to these graphics chipsets...

Please help just baught kotor, played it over a friends house and everything thought it was cool get it and it wont work because of one stupid Non-Windows Generic OpenGL 1.4.0 Driver requirment. Oh and i also spent 10 HOURS just looking for a manual download to get around this!!!!!! gahhh

please end my eternal sufferage. Plz

mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
Perhaps the graphics card doesnt support some of the shader models or whatever DX the game needs to run on. Your card is ancient by all means. Spend $40 and get a good card which you know will be supported for a long time. Buying an S3 is a very uninformed decision to put it politely.
rlc-madcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rlc-madcat
Member since 2004 • 192 Posts
I didn't know S3 cards were still available... How old is your computer exactly? What are it's specs?