KOToR 3 MMORPG??!!!...........

This topic is locked from further discussion.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 giyanks22
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts

There is a rumor I read about, and it said that KOTOR 3 might be MMORPG. If this is true I think it might ruin the franchise. EA now owns Bioware, so EA would have to buy the Star Wars rights from Lucas Arts, which EA couldn't even afford a small piece of. Hopefully if it is an MMORPG it is a lot better than Star Wars Galaxies. If it is not an MMORPG, or if it is, then what improvements do you people want to see in KOTOR 3.

I want there to be real time action like Mass Effect, but with the ability to pause. So you can actual control your Lsaber attack, and Force Powers with single buttons, but then pause the game to put in advanced commands, like Mass Effect. What do you think?

Drosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Drosa
Member since 2004 • 3136 Posts

I'd rather have Knights of the Old Republic 3 as a single player game that tells us where Revan went to after the first game.

EA won't have to buy the Star Wars rights. What ever this game turns out to be was part of deal worked out between LucasArts and Bioware before EA came along. If they want any part of it they will probably have to adhear to the current deal or risk losing the opportunity.

If it turns out to be an MMO it almost a sure bet that it will be better that Star Wars Galaxies. Bioware seems to have high standards for their games.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 giyanks22

I'd rather have Knights of the Old Republic 3 as a single player game that tells us where Revan went to after the first game.

Drosa

Yeah I would like to see what happened to Revan after game one. Or have the game where Revan and the Exile meet up in unknown space, you have to choose between one of them. And the other one becomes part of your party. It would be interesting if they had Revan and the Exile go into deep space, meet some force spirits, lose their force powers and abilities, so basically they must relearn everything that they knew. Bastilla's deep love for Revan causes her to chase after him, and saves them both from being killed. Then she has to teach them everything they knew. It turns out there is an secret Sith Army that has been in the making for thousands of years, since the original Sith founder Ajunta Pall. Revan, the Exile, and Bastilla have to fight to destory the Sith Lords from creating this great army, and destroying the Jedi since the Jedi are even scarcer than in KOTOR II.

I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud. Any ideas?

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
[QUOTE="Drosa"]

giyanks22

Yeah I would like to see what happened to Revan after game one. Or have the game where Revan and the Exile meet up in unknown space, you have to choose between one of them. And the other one becomes part of your party. It would be interesting if they had Revan and the Exile go into deep space, meet some force spirits, lose their force powers and abilities, so basically they must relearn everything that they knew. Bastilla's deep love for Revan causes her to chase after him, and saves them both from being killed. Then she has to teach them everything they knew. It turns out there is an secret Sith Army that has been in the making for thousands of years, since the original Sith founder Ajunta Pall. Revan, the Exile, and Bastilla have to fight to destory the Sith Lords from creating this great army, and destroying the Jedi since the Jedi are even scarcer than in KOTOR II.

I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud. Any ideas?

That sounds a lot like my hypothesis for the game's story. Then again, it could be completely different from both our ideas.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 giyanks22
Yeah I mean I have always thought since Kotor II it would be awesome to unite these three great charecters into one story. To add to my plot I would say that in the end they all die, but they are able to defeat the Sith Army that has been brewing. Now one will ever remember them because these events happened in deep space. Anyone want to add to that?
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts
i think they should make it thousands/ or even millions:o of years before kotor 1. say when they talk about tatooine being a lush planet, back then with completely new set of characters that would be fun
Kiprusoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#7 Kiprusoff
Member since 2002 • 777 Posts

If the Lucasarts project with Bioware is Kotor 3, it may not be an MMORPG and could be just a single player game or it may just be a MMORPG during that time period perhaps during one of the wars mentioned around the timeframe of Kotor I or II. If I were to say what it is, its likely the the Kotor MMORPG cause it is most likely more profitable and the storyline at the end of Kotor II is kinda well ya know, so it would be difficult to see what happens in Kotor 3 that would be good to the fans.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19602 Posts

Drosa

That would be difficult, because the first game had two very different endings.

I mean, how could any new storyline that heavily involves Revan incorporate both of the 'saving the galaxy' and the 'dominating the galaxy' endings, without resorting to amnesia? It wouldn't work, so I guess Revan's story is kinda dead.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts
I hate to be a pessimist, but I'd be willing to bet the next KOTOR will be an MMORPG. Hell with what the gamers want, money is where it's at.
EvilAshTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EvilAshTwin
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts
LucasArts has already said that KOTOR3 is not going to be a MMO and that Bioware is working on their own MMO project that LA is not involved in.
pitchblack3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 pitchblack3
Member since 2008 • 346 Posts
I like it more to be a single player.They could just add a multiplayer. No MMORPG!! I hate those (Except WoW and a few others)
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts
I really want a single player KotoR 3 NOT an MMO of any kind. Maybe some kind of Co-op mode.
guirunkaryyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 guirunkaryyk
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
If they want to make a KotOR MMORPG, fine, just don't let it be KotOR 3. KotOR 3 needs to be a single-player, narrative-driven RPG.
kaskus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kaskus
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts

I like it more to be a single player.They could just add a multiplayer. No MMORPG!! I hate those (Except WoW and a few others)pitchblack3

then you didn't hate MMORPG at all?

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jim_shorts
[QUOTE="Drosa"]

Planeforger

That would be difficult, because the first game had two very different endings.

I mean, how could any new storyline that heavily involves Revan incorporate both of the 'saving the galaxy' and the 'dominating the galaxy' endings, without resorting to amnesia? It wouldn't work, so I guess Revan's story is kinda dead.

That was all explained in the second game. I don't want to spoil it, but it's complicated.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 giyanks22

That was all explained in the second game. I don't want to spoil it, but it's complicated.

Please do tell. What are you talking about? How the exile comes back?

Dakr_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dakr_Mage
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think it would be better as a Single-player game rather than an MMORPG. I'm a big fan of MMO's and I don't think it would hit the spot.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jim_shorts

Please do tell. What are you talking about? How the exile comes back?

giyanks22

I'm talking about how both the dark side and light side endings can bring Revan to the same place. Whn you are talking to Kreia in the second game, she tells you that [spoiler] It's possible that Revan never wanted to be the Lord of the Sith. Revan could have been forced into the role to save the galaxy from the larger sith threat that was lurking in the unknown regions. GOTO backs up this theory when he talks about how Revan saved key points of infrastructure during his conquest of the republic. Revan could have been trying to conquer the galaxy in order to rally it to fight the main sith. Regardless of the ending you chose though, T3 shows a hologram explaining that Revan was gaining his memories back. Something in those memories caused him to leave everyone behind for the unknown regions. So really, it doesn't matter what ending you chose on the first game, Revan will still be in the unknown regions. [/spoiler]

Hope that dorky rant cleared it all up.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 giyanks22

Thank you. I played both, and I wasn't sure where you were going with that comment. It would be awsome if the Exile and Revan meet up in unknown space. Hopefully it's being done as we speak