Is there a patch out there that solves this issue?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

I'm looking for a patch, or anything that will make my Final Fantasy VII game for the PC to pass the 8-bit paletted textures in terms of graphics, and sound just as good as the PS1 version. Are there patches for that? I can't seem to find any on Google.

DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts

I'm looking for a patch, or anything that will make my Final Fantasy VII game for the PC to pass the 8-bit paletted textures in terms of graphics, and sound just as good as the PS1 version. Are there patches for that? I can't seem to find any on Google.

hydralisk86
Are you emulating? If so, it could be the quality of the emulator...
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]

DeanG642
Are you emulating? If so, it could be the quality of the emulator...

No, not emulator. This is the actual game for the PC, not something illegal.
TleilaxuMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 TleilaxuMaster
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts

http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Technical/Customising

Plenty of useful stuff here. Most importantly, the FF7 OpenGL Driver, which fixes pretty much everything that doesn't work (including 8-bit paletted textures) and allows for high-resolution settings, among other things. It's what I use to play FF7 PC and it works great for me. Make sure you get the latest version (0.7.8b I think, follow the link to the project forum to find it). Also the official 1.02 patch which I believe is required for the driver to work. Hope this helps.