Is the PS3 version of Deus Ex Human Revolution the same as the PCs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vicscrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 vicscrape
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

Hey guys, soooo GameFly just shipped my copy of Deus Ex today and I was planning to "Keep" it for about $44. That plus my $10 coupon (expires today) would make the game only worth $34. The game is the Ps3 version and I was thinking if the PC version is worth paying more. I looked at Amazon and a new PC copy is $49.99. Are there any major differences between the two copies that would make the PC version worth buying over the PS3 version?

Thanks!

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Quick header... The amazon digital version is 34.99 for the Pc version (possibly 24.99 after your coupon).. Considering wherever you buy it from will require steam, no real reason for a boxed copy unless you just want a box and small instruction manual. Outside of that, dues ex has actual graphical options for the PC including use of DX 11, DOF, etc etc. It uses k/m or controller and rumors are will have mod tools releases for it.. If your Pc is capable, i would say save money and buy it off Amazon digitally, activate on steam, sit back and enjoy..

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#3 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

There are minor graphical differences between the versions. It looks slightly better on the PC, but it's fine on the PS3 as well. If you get it for the PC there's also mods, but the game itself is pretty much the same no matter what version you get.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
The enemy intelligence is also higher on the PC than the PS3 version.
sami117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 sami117
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

There are minor graphical differences between the versions. It looks slightly better on the PC, but it's fine on the PS3 as well. If you get it for the PC there's also mods, but the game itself is pretty much the same no matter what version you get.

brickdoctor

ahahahah minor lol wrong word, your thinking major

vicscrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 vicscrape
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

Thanks for the info! PC version it is.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Thanks for the info! PC version it is.

vicscrape
Yup. This is the game where you WANT to buy the PC version.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

Graphics will be better on PC. You can enter in passwords on keypads using the keyboard which is awesome (throwback to Desus Ex). There is manual saving on PC, I am not sure if PS3 will have that. Keyboard mouse support on PC where PS3 won't have it.PC Version is cheaper. I don't see a reason to get it on PS3 unless you don't have a PC that can handle Deus Ex 3.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="vicscrape"]

Hey guys, soooo GameFly just shipped my copy of Deus Ex today and I was planning to "Keep" it for about $44. That plus my $10 coupon (expires today) would make the game only worth $34. The game is the Ps3 version and I was thinking if the PC version is worth paying more. I looked at Amazon and a new PC copy is $49.99. Are there any major differences between the two copies that would make the PC version worth buying over the PS3 version?

Thanks!

the pc version is better, but not 15 dollar better imo.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#10 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I heard the consoles versions run at 30 fps and the pc goes at 60.