Indigo Prochecy - Is it at all scary?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HUNK-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 HUNK-007
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts
Topic.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
Not really, a few parts were spooky but nothing that will make you change your pants:P
SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SpiritEmu
Member since 2006 • 3370 Posts
More of on the lines of "WTF?" to "How interesting (sarcasm)"
SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
Yeah, as scary as playing wdith two Simon games at once, which is everything that game really is....what a crappy, short lived game. In hindsight the damn thing is Dragon´s Lair +
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

No, it's more perplexing than anything else. The latter part of the game felt really rushed and disjointed in my opinion since the developers seemed to just chuck in as much odd crap as possile.

hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
Topic.HUNK-007

perhaps you would like to explain what made you think it would be scary in the first place?
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

perhaps you would like to explain what made you think it would be scary in the first place?hot114

[spoiler] It's a story about clandestine secret societies, ritual murder, a form of posesssion. [/spoiler]

Given those elements, I think that qualifies as a game that might be scary.  Though it doesn't have to be, it can be, and so I think the question is legimitate.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts
The start of the game most definitly is a little spooky, that I will give it.  However, it is then a downward slope so that it gets more and more stupid and you will be more confused as to how the writing got so bad than genuinly scared.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts
That girl who was dancin was pretty scary.........cmon character models so bad that anything it does sexy is actually scary!
Rockclmbr6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rockclmbr6
Member since 2004 • 3232 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but the part where you have to search through the archives scared the heck out of me...my heart was pounding out of my chest.  Of course I was playing in a tiny basement at the time...but it was a really frightening sequence for me.  

Overall though?  Not scary.  I really liked the game though...if only that last half wasn't so rushed.  Can't wait for Heavy Rain.

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but the part where you have to search through the archives scared the heck out of me...my heart was pounding out of my chest.  Of course I was playing in a tiny basement at the time...but it was a really frightening sequence for me.  

Overall though?  Not scary.  I really liked the game though...if only that last half wasn't so rushed.  Can't wait for Heavy Rain.
    Rockclmbr6

I can understand why you think that.  What really made that part so scary was the eerie music.  Trust me, if there wasnt any music, it would be scary.  Gotta hand it to them for creating great ambient music.

Rockclmbr6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rockclmbr6
Member since 2004 • 3232 Posts

[QUOTE="Rockclmbr6"]I don't know about you guys, but the part where you have to search through the archives scared the heck out of me...my heart was pounding out of my chest.  Of course I was playing in a tiny basement at the time...but it was a really frightening sequence for me.  

martialbullet

I can understand why you think that.  What really made that part so scary was the eerie music.  Trust me, if there wasnt any music, it would be scary.  Gotta hand it to them for creating great ambient music.

Yeah, I actually enjoyed a lot of the music from the game, even the licensed tracks.  The creepy music was great for that part...although I think the thing that made me the most nervous was when the lights went out.  I totally freaked when that happened.

camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
Scary? Of course not, it was just a game, sort of blurry graphics so on top of that it wasn't scary. Beat and and thought it was the bomb btw...
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Nah, it has some spookiness to it, but its nothing that will upset you that greatly. Its a good game until the final 25% or so and then it falls apart big time. The story really makes little sense, and well its stupid. But I loved the game until the final quarter or so.
MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

Nice, spooky atmosphere, but scary is all in the eye of the beholder I suppose. I wouldn't call the game scary. Story was pretty cool, but it felt like 3/4 of the way through that someone hit the fast forward button.
fathoms_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fathoms_basic
Member since 2002 • 22116 Posts

I agree with some of the people here.  It's not really a scary game, but it's certainly spooky and creepy in certain parts.  It's the subject content that gives it that atmosphere, so it'll definitely freak you out every once in a while.

But it's not a survival/horror title like Resident Evil or Silent Hill, if that's what you're asking.  It's simply an adventure game with a dark - and even disturbed - storyline.

Jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#17 Jedo
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts
Quick reply: no. Exciting? Maybe
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Maybe a tiny bit for a second before you play one of the four mini games again for the 100th time.