Immersion defined: Good RPG games from 2000 to whenever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

epiccommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By epiccommando
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Howdy folks. im on the hunt for some great rpg games for the consoles and pc. (preferably consoles) I'm looking for some of the deepest rpg games made. Underrated rpgs would be great too. (example would be arx fatalis for original xbox) since i know everybody will say these titles... Skyrim, Final fantasy, fallout, and final fantasy are off limits. I cant wait to hear what you guys have to say.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, Dragon Quest 8 & 9, Persona 3 & 4, All of the 'Tales of' games, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Ni No Kuni to name a few.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Valkyria Chronicles, Ni no Kuni, Dark Souls, Bravely Default, Dragon Age: Origins, Xenoblade Chronicles, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Persona 3, The Witcher 2

Atsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Atsix
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@RossRichard said:

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, Dragon Quest 8 & 9, Persona 3 & 4, All of the 'Tales of' games, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Ni No Kuni to name a few.

I would also add Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic 1 & 2, for PC and Xbox.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

What do you mean by deep ?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@RossRichard said:

This guy's got the right idea. Also check out Knights in the Nightmare. Super deep and has a great story.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Games that the others talk about but I do enjoy Drakensang and Blackguard.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts
@wiouds said:

Games that the others talk about but I do enjoy Drakensang and Blackguard.

The Drakensangs play like the Neverwinter Nights or KOTORs but with a much more complicated ruleset, make sure to study the manual if you decide to try. River of Time is by far the better of the two and is chock full of skill checks if you like that sort of thing.

Blackguards is a nice hex turn-based rpg with a similar ruleset to the Drakensangs, but is much more unforgiving. It also can get quite tedious in Chapter 2.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

For depth (as in mechanical complexity) pc games like Iceland Dale have hundreds of hours worth of gameplay. On GOG pretty cheap, wouldn't bother with the remaster.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44321 Posts

Lost Odyssey for the 360 and Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii were two excellent RPGs that I would recommend.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Literally any of the JRPG's that hit it big on any of the Nintendo handhelds or consoles from the past. Not hard to get them up and going on a pc, and there is 1000's of them.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#12 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

Since you outlawed Skyrim, can I assume its off limits to suggest Morrowind instead?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7321 Posts

If by deep you mean a complex and challenging battle system, check out Resonance of Fate on PS3. If you mean an intriguing world to explore and an engrossing story to tell, get Planescape: Torment on PC. And if you want something criminally underrated, I recommend Baten Kaitos Origins on Gamecube. Seriously, like no one has played that game and it's a real shame. The battle system is one of the most fast paced of any jrpg I've ever experienced. You really have to think fast and act quickly.