If you would be a pro-gamer, what game would you participate?

Avatar image for clifford_sexylips
Clifford_Sexylips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 Clifford_Sexylips
Member since 2019 • 67 Posts

If I would be a professional gamer, I would join Hearthstone because it is a fun card game, bringing you back to the good old days Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon. This game made you think outside the box and how to get out in a tight situation which is close to my real life.

I noticed players from World Cyber Games 2019 APAC Finals [Hearthstone], Hearthstone Grandmasters, and HCT when playing they're super intense but at the same time chill... like they're playing chess. I also love it because you can play either on pc or mobile so show-wise if there'll be a problem, it can easily be fixed with these options. coz I don't like pausing in my game

So how about you guys?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11698 Posts

@clifford_sexylips: You may want to consider MTG for a competitive card game. With Blizzard making odd mistakes and Warcraft at a decline don't think that game is looked at the same way, and will only decline further.

Also it's vocally known to be a shallow rendition of MTG. Without a lot of the strategy and tactics. I imagine that card game is more entertaining in the long-run.

Loading Video...

Back on the subject, hmm. . I probably wouldn't enjoy games if I made it into my life entirely, or become a central focus. While I love competitive gaming it's never to see myself better than others, it's more of a leisure pleasure.

Monster Hunter is the game series that comes to mind in 2019, I've been playing the series for a long time, know what to look for in a successful hunt, and can well adjust to new monsters, usually at least beating most G-Rank big-bois on a first try.

Before T: Revolution and T7 I would have picked Tekken. Was pretty active and competitive in the arcades for games such as TTT2 and Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion.

Also use to speedrun games like DMC3 and the Resident Evil series. Though hardly compared to world records.

Overall though, think if gaming became some weird commitment I would enjoy it less.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I remember when MTG was still worth playing. Back in the early 00's.

I know, people still play it, but they only do it for the camraderie and the good old times, not because they like the current iteration.

Our local MTG group has not gotten new blood to their games nights for a decade. Its just the same old folk there. Younger players go for Yu-Gi-Oh.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Battlefield 2 back when the series took skill and teamwork.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
GettingonwithGamingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GettingonwithGamingLife
Member since 2017 • 277 Posts

Call of Duty because I enjoy watching it or Paladins, but Im not made for online games and my talents lie elsewhere in gaming and I cannot take the pressure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I was going to answer and say Hearthstone! But I'd have to get really good at it first.

Man idk, I have tried to get into MTG....It is just....so boring... lol. I think ES Legends and Fable Fortune are more fun than Magic, even. Yugioh is more fun, Pokémon TCG is more fun. I think they just keep MTG going because it was the first one, lol.

titanraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 titanraven
Member since 2019 • 51 Posts

Nice!!! I've been watching WCG tournaments but this question didn't even cross my mind lol. Anyways, if I were a Pro-gamer I'd play Dota 2 in the tournaments cause I love MOBA Genre games :D

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I don't know how anyone can play the same game for as many hours as these pros do, particularly when you have unfavorable meta shifts. I can't even watch Overwatch anymore, thanks to Blizzard's complete loss of control of their game...I mean, you know there's a problem when your entire DPS roster save one is useless. Paladins, a complete rip-off of Overwatch with some dime-store art assets, has managed to keep itself fresh, and as much as it doesn't scratch that itch, I still am impressed by their willingness to impose rules to keep the game fresh - double bans, etc. Blizzard just keeps trying to patch their way out of the defensive redundancies that have turned their game into a monotonous bore. Maybe someday it'll matter.

So, yeah, uh, I'll just take the Shroud route, quit my pro team, stream whatever I feel like playing today and rake in millions doing it.

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

I would say Street Fighter II.

I am one of the best players in the region (tri-state area), but never could reach that next level of national, those guys are on a whole different level.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 16060 Posts

Personally, RTS or 4X games. I am not particularly good at both games but I am confident as those as the game I really enjoyed and able to beat CPU opponent on harder difficulty or probably sit comfortably somewhere in the lower mid rank in multiplayer battles.

nelmar23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nelmar23
Member since 2019 • 28 Posts

Gonna go to Clash Royale, I've been playing Clash Royale almost 1 and a half year and I want to participate at WCG Tournament. I want to have a battle with gdh65 coz' he is one of the players that I'm supporting since the Regional Qualifier in this competition.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#12 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Probably Mario Kart. I'm fairly decent at 200cc.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Doom 1&2 death match

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lebowski1
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

@MarkoftheSivak: no doubt about it. I used to play Street Fighter seriously but have now retired 100% from the genre, just watching the SFV Capcom pro tour as spectator now. I'm enjoying it a lot more than grappling with my own limitations as a player.

I do however love scrolling 2d brawlers (Final Fight and SoR2 online especially) and if by some miracle SoR4 reignites the genre, and the community embraces passive-aggressive combative co-op (seriously, it is HILARIOUS and vastly increases the complexity of the games) then I'd love to be involved in some way. Doubt it will become an e-sport tho lol so i'll just say i'd wish to be talented enough to be a sponsored player on the Street Fighter V Capcom pro tour