If you were going to Let's Play a game, what would you pick?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Just to clarify, I'm not actually planning to do a Let's Play. I'm just curious what people would pick if they were to play a game for a YouTube audience.

I would want to do an RPG, but not one where I'd have to grind a lot of off screen, so I'd pick Chrono Cross because it doesn't require any extracirricular grinding. It also helps that it's my favorite game ever.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Probably one of the Dead Rising games. Or ALL of the Dead Rising games.

Huh... I gotta go to Amazon real quick...

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Gunstar Heroes. A badass co-op game with really interesting bosses is both fun and easy to talk about

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

Sin and Punishment as a starting point. It's a short game, so it'd be easy to practice good runs in, but it's also filled with plenty of material to talk about and laugh at. I also don't think a lot of people have LP'ed it, so I'd have fewer competing videos to worry about.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I think my, I guess for lack of a better term, "Dream LP" would be to do the Mass Effect trilogy. Ideally I'd like to do it with the viewers been the driving force behind the choices our character made, but I couldn't see how that could really be possible without it coming out as a complete mess by the end of it, because there are times where you would have to end a video mid-mission or even mid-conversation, to avoid spoiling things for people who might not have played the game prior to watching the series, which would just feel weird.

I guess something like this would be better suited for live streams but then you have to the opposite problem of having to be able to stream often and for decent lengths of time so people will feel invested enough in the series to keep coming back every time.

But basically games that the viewers can help shape the outcome of would be what I'd like to do, and to me that's exactly what a "Let's Play" should be, hence the name.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts

The Witcher 2! As my computer can't really run it on high....or Skyrim

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

Just to clarify, I'm not actually planning to do a Let's Play. I'm just curious what people would pick if they were to play a game for a YouTube audience.

I would want to do an RPG, but not one where I'd have to grind a lot of off screen, so I'd pick Chrono Cross because it doesn't require any extracirricular grinding. It also helps that it's my favorite game ever.

I do not think "extracurricular" is the right word when talking about game content. I am just letting you know.

On topic:

Out of my current collection, I would play Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. It is something I would like to share my experience of it with others and since it is a single player game, this is the best way I can.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Dragon's Lair for the NES. That fucking game.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

Something that's not online already and is cool and worth watching.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Either a game I'm good at or a game I suck at.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time I remember where most stuff in the game is.

If I wanted to play a game I suck at I will probably pick some a rogue-like, RTS, or something like that.

The reason I said a game I suck at is because it could be funny having me fail a lot and get angry when I keep dying.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@BranKetra said:

@GreySeal9 said:

I do not think "extracurricular" is the right word when talking about game content. I am just letting you know.

I'm aware that the word is not used when talking about game content. It's just a little personal coinage that I like to use.

CarcassPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CarcassPlays
Member since 2013 • 74 Posts

I agree with the person above. Dead Rising would be a great game to do that with. There's other games like Dead Island, Skyrim, Fallout 3, or Fallout: New Vegas. I personally would try doing MineCraft or Sims 3 because you can do WHAT you want. Every time I watch people play MineCraft, it always turns out different from other people.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#13 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@BranKetra said:

@GreySeal9 said:

I'm aware that the word is not used when talking about game content. It's just a little personal coinage that I like to use.

I might be wrong, but I do not think there is a proper term that can be used to describe using a word in an uncommon way (how you used "extracurricular") and not in any predefined form allowing.it to be grammatically correct. "Coinage" means the invention of a new word or phrase. Since "extracurricular" is already a predefined word, it is not possible to coin it again. It might pass for a polyseme.

Sorry. Am I getting too off-topic?

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1560 Posts

Okami or Antichamber

killatwill15

Forum Posts